Super Kev Mcnaughton

I just done understand how he doesnt get a look in for Scotland. Absolutely baffling.

Great player and well done on the award Super Kev.

I think, unfortunately his reputation as a bottler, during the Bertie Vogt era, may be preceeding him. It's a pity, but that's the only explanation I can come up with.

To be fair though, he's a good player, but I always thought he was a bit over-rated by our supporters...

It'll be interesting to see how he does next season, if Cardiff get promoted... I always thought that Stephen Crainey was pretty poor, but he's done really well everytime I've seen him playing for Blackpool this season.

I think, unfortunately his reputation as a bottler, during the Bertie Vogt era, may be preceeding him. It's a pity, but that's the only explanation I can come up with.

To be fair though, he's a good player, but I always thought he was a bit over-rated by our supporters...

It'll be interesting to see how he does next season, if Cardiff get promoted... I always thought that Stephen Crainey was pretty poor, but he's done really well everytime I've seen him playing for Blackpool this season.

Don't be fooled SOTR, Crainey is pish. In fact the whole Blackpool defence is utter dung.

doesnt matter who you speak to down here, everyone will tell you the best player they have had over the past 5 years is super kev.

i cant understand it given how many goals chopra/bothroyd/whitingham have contributed but mcnaughton has won the fans over more because of his attitude and work rate.

Kev was grossly mismanaged by fat b*stard, shoved out to the right wing whilst R. Byrne Esq. occupied left back. This award from the Cardiff fans is the equivalent of evidence that proves JC hadn't a clue what he was doing, ably supported by an inept Director of Football.

Nope.

he doesnt have the skills to go past a man repeatedly or the crossing ability to be a wide mid. hes been playing his whole life in defence and your now advocating moving him to a totally new area of the pitch where hell only get to practise playing there at international training camps.

he maybe used to be a "poof in the tackle" but thats all changed now. time in the championship has hardened him up.

certainly a better option for the national squad than clubfoot!

he didnt have skills when he was with us?

what do you mean im now advocating moving him out wide...i was talkign about when he played for us

maybe skills was a poor word choice on my part because that blatantly not correct. what i mean is he doesnt have the brain of a wide mid to create space for himself in the attacking 3rd. or use himself as a decoy so that it creates space for someone else.

sorry, i assumed you meant get him in the scotland squad now as a wide mid as he wouldnt get in the team ahead of whitaker and hutton at either full back

But sticking him out on the right and playing Byrne in his stead was counter-productive to the team so surely there IS an indisputable argument against JC here?

Unless you believe Byrne was a better left back or you believe KMcN was best deployed out there?

Nope.

You just have a chip on your shoulder about JC. That is all.

McNaughton played and was managed well at Pittodrie. Now he has moved onto somewhere 'better'.

Chip on my shoulder? I don't think so. I just thought he was a sh*te manager and a sh*te person.

How can putting McNaughton out wide right whilst playing Byrne at LB be a good decision? This happened up until he left the club, for at least 10 games.

Because McNaughton can play as both a right and left back. Byrne can only play on the left.

Good management there.

oh oh, Super Kev getting stick for taking out that female linesman

Linesman floored by player

doubt he did it on purpose, probably should have apologised though :D

Haha! It's the bird that Keys and Gray slagged off. Have to say it does look like an unusual body swerve and barge by McNaughton but I doubt he meant it. That said, I agree that he should have apologised, patted the lass on the arse and asked for her number.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HYHiy0hWAw

Haha! It's the bird that Keys and Gray slagged off. Have to say it does look like an unusual body swerve and barge by McNaughton but I doubt he meant it. That said, I agree that he should have apologised, patted the lass on the arse and asked for her number.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HYHiy0hWAw

I think he was turning to try and get back on the ball before it went out (though he had little chance of catching it), his team were 3-0 down and losing their grip on an automatic promotion place.

Should've apologized though, no ones that desperate to get back in position.

Typical Daily Mail story though, no knowledge of person and lots of assumptions. How do they know he didn't apologize after the game? By all accounts he's a quiet guy who doesn't say much, can't remember him even getting in to any major trouble for fighting etc when he was with us.

hes scottish, im scottish and i was embarassed that he didnt say a word.

he absolutely smacked into her

poor

How do you know he didn't say a word? He could have said sorry to her just as he hit her, then ran off? He could have apologised after the game? f**k sake, he ran into her by accident and went running off to get back into position! Sure there would have been more complaints if he had stayed and apologised, kissed her on the cheek, gave her some flowers while he was out of position and they lost a goal.

you may have a point, but come on, how hard is it to smile and say sorry, or make a wee joke?

hes scottish, im scottish and i was embarassed that he didnt say a word.

he absolutely smacked into her

poor

Get a grip MT.

Cardiff were minutes away from potentially securing a place in the English Premier League. If I were a supporter of Cardiff, I'd be going mad if he was off the pitch helping/apologising to the assistant referee while the ball was in play. He should be concentrating on the game. The refereeing staff know the risks involved in running the line.

there is the thing that - we know super kev is shy and quiet.

maybe he was just really embarrassed to have crashed into her and tried to get away so that nobody made a big deal of him cleaning out the female lino that got gray and keyes sacked.

course then again, he cleans out a male lino, the world points and laughs. he cleans out a female one, everyone is outraged.

can we just let the girl do her job without wrapping her in cotton wool everytime she comes out. its a hard enough job without everyone taking an added interest because of her gender

there is the thing that - we know super kev is shy and quiet.

maybe he was just really embarrassed to have crashed into her and tried to get away so that nobody made a big deal of him cleaning out the female lino that got gray and keyes sacked.

course then again, he cleans out a male lino, the world points and laughs. he cleans out a female one, everyone is outraged.

can we just let the girl do her job without wrapping her in cotton wool everytime she comes out. its a hard enough job without everyone taking an added interest because of her gender

The last paragraph is spot on.

This country talks about "equal rights for both sexes" but thats just simply not the case. A woman can get away with talking about how nice a guy looks, how buff he is etc. But swap roles and you are looking at a sexual harassment case. Even the gays get away with it.

How about we treat women the way we treat men.

Anyways, Kev.....superb player, would love him back in a Dons top, but that won't happen until he's at least 35 and past it! :cry:

aye, f**k germaine greer and all those ones who champion womens rights and equality then get pissed off when it goes too far. long toothed aul hippy f**k.

know who i blame for all this. that emmeline pankhurst.

on that note, my mrs aint happy that she now has to work until 2 weeks before she has a baby to go on maternity leave if she wants the full amount. she was quite happy being almost equal if it meant she got more holidays out of it.

It looks deliberate to me (no idea why he would do it deliberately though) but it's poor form to not - male or female - just at least acknowledge it with a "sorry pal" or something.

Maybe he did after the game though, who knows. Certainly belted her a good one though.