Sir Henry Cooper

Will forever be remembered for being knocked out.

Loser

RIP though

A little unfair on his career - British, European and Commonwealth heavyweight champion, only person to ever win three Lonsdale belts, won 40 out of 55 of his fights, lost to technical knockouts to Ali twice when ahead on the scorecards because of bleeding around his eye and in the first fight when he floored Ali (then Clay) there are reasonable grounds to say that the American received a lot of assistance to get him back into the fight which was against the rules (smelling salts, guided back into his corner and extra time to recover as his gloves needed changing).

I remember Cooper when I was little and he seemed a decent bloke. Not into boxing, stupid brutal sport but that is a different debate.

RIP Sir Henry

A little unfair on his career - British, European and Commonwealth heavyweight champion, only person to ever win three Lonsdale belts, won 40 out of 55 of his fights, lost to technical knockouts to Ali twice when ahead on the scorecards because of bleeding around his eye and in the first fight when he floored Ali (then Clay) there are reasonable grounds to say that the American received a lot of assistance to get him back into the fight which was against the rules (smelling salts, guided back into his corner and extra time to recover as his gloves needed changing).

I remember Cooper when I was little and he seemed a decent bloke. Not into boxing, stupid brutal sport but that is a different debate.

RIP Sir Henry

Now that Cooper is dead then does that mean Ali can finally stop shaking?