Player of the season - Emilio Izaguirre, Celtic

Young player of the season - David Goodwillie, Dundee United

Goal of the season - Derek Riordan, Hibernian

Save of the season - Marian Kello, Hearts

Under-19 League player of the season - Jason Holt, Hearts

Best club media relations - Motherwell

Best community initiative - St Mirren

SPL family champions - Rangers

thats right folks this years family champions are the club who are currently under investigation by HMRC and the club that have been punished by UEFA for sectarian behaviour.

you couldn't make that up..

• Site Sponsor

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/13276231.stm

Manager of the season - Mixu Paatelainen, Kilmarnock

thats right folks this years family champions are the club who are currently under investigation by HMRC and the club that have been punished by UEFA for sectarian behaviour.

What a joke

Oh yes the family friendly pit of sectarianism and terrorism that is Ibrox, fine place to take young children so they can learn all about 18th century battles which took place in another country over issues irrelevant to normal, sane people.

Well deserved, pat on the back goes to the head of the snake himself Martin Bain for his club's tremendous supporters who, despite a charge sheet the length of your arm, continue to show themselves to be fine ambassadors for Scotland.

:nutter:

Maybe it's the Adams Family they're referring to.

surprising that you have not read what the pre-requisites for this award are, you know, since you read so much?

I tend to avoid reading utter sh*t about the huns winning awards they do not either warrant or deserve.

Let them backslap, hun b*stards, we ken the real story with them, vermin.

well, if you thought i knew nothing about bin laden and as such told me to "shut the f**k up", would i be wrong to tell you to "shut the f**k up" since you know nothing about this subject?

You didna shut the f**k up though, did you?

What I know amounts to this - Rangers did not deserve to win any award for their supporters behaviour.

But I'll bow to your superior judgement of Glasgow Rangers FC, you clearly know exactly what you are talking about in that department.

Any good news stories regarding Rangers I gloss over, I like to concentrate on 60 page dossiers from HMRC outlining the extent to which they intend to financially cripple the reprehensible organisation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13276231.stm

Manager of the season - Mixu Paatelainen, Kilmarnock

Unbelievable stuff, Rangers a family club :laughing:

Giving the Manager of the Year Award to Mixu Paatelainen is, quite frankly, one of the most laughable decisions I've ever heard. Sure, he did turn a team that were relegation fodder into one that played some half-decent football. Unfortunately, however, the fact of the matter is that the 44 year old ditched the Ayrshire side at only the end of March to take over the Finnish national side having won one Manager of the Month in 2010/11 and with Killie merely in 5th place in the league.

A far more worthy winner would have been Jim Jefferies who, despite his side's form tailing off towards the end of the season, have been the best club outside the Old Firm by a country mile this season and put together an incredible run of something like 15 wins in 20 games and were challenging the Old Firm up until February/March.

Giving the Manager of the Year Award to Mixu Paatelainen is, quite frankly, one of the most laughable decisions I've ever heard. Sure, he did turn a team that were relegation fodder into one that played some half-decent football. Unfortunately, however, the fact of the matter is that the 44 year old ditched the Ayrshire side at only the end of March to take over the Finnish national side having won one Manager of the Month in 2010/11 and with Killie merely in 5th place in the league.

A far more worthy winner would have been Jim Jefferies who, despite his side's form tailing off towards the end of the season, have been the best club outside the Old Firm by a country mile this season and put together an incredible run of something like 15 wins in 20 games and were challenging the Old Firm up until February/March.

This ^^^^

Killie nearly got relegated, the great tanned one stated he couldnt work with the budget , or lack of it they had for the new season. Mixu comes in unearths gems and has them playing the best football in years. Jeffries has double/treble the budget of most teams outwith the OF, the last manager was a basket case. Mixu all the way , its all relative

Killie nearly got relegated, the great tanned one stated he couldnt work with the budget , or lack of it they had for the new season. Mixu comes in unearths gems and has them playing the best football in years. Jeffries has double/treble the budget of most teams outwith the OF, the last manager was a basket case. Mixu all the way , its all relative

Had mixu stayed to the end of the season, then he'd have been MoTY no contest. Kilmarnock are in serious financial trouble, they are completely broke - to do what Mixu did on Kilmarnocks budget is incredible. I had Killie down as relegation candidates, on the basis that if you pay peanuts, you'll get monkeys.

Hearts should be out on their own in third place anyway, as Barassie said, they have a monsterous budget compared to the rest of us.

Killie were certainly the biggest overachievers this season.

Mixu didn't even finish the whole season, done nothing in the cups, and left the club in 5th place - I honestly don't see where the real achivement in that is. I think the fact that the won the award has more to do with there being no other standout candidates this season.

Mixu is a really likable guy and there's no question at all that he improved Killie and got them playing some decent, good to watch football. How many times this season have you two actually seen his side play? I watched them up here back in August when they got a deserved 1-nil win with a last minute goal but then I also seen them come here in February when we absolutely destroyed them 5-nil. Over the course of the season, I'd say they looked good, but very far from brilliant (hence their 5th place in the league).

Had mixu stayed to the end of the season, then he'd have been MoTY no contest. Kilmarnock are in serious financial trouble, they are completely broke - to do what Mixu did on Kilmarnocks budget is incredible. I had Killie down as relegation candidates, on the basis that if you pay peanuts, you'll get monkeys.

Hearts should be out on their own in third place anyway, as Barassie said, they have a monsterous budget compared to the rest of us.

Killie were certainly the biggest overachievers this season.

That's complete bollocks. It's all very well to bring out the "if you pay peanuts..." cliche but if the fact is that they had a striker playing the best football of his career (Sammon), a player signed from Udinese (Sissoko), a guy with 50 caps for Finland (Eremenko), and one of best players midfielders in the league (Bryson). Yes, Hearts should be claiming 3rd place as they have the biggest budget outwith the OF, but their resources are still far behind that of Celtic and Rangers and Jefferies had his team challenging the big two until about February.

There's no doubt Mixu vastly improved Killie and had them playing some attractive football, but that doesn't merit the Manager of the Year Award (particularly as he left his club in March). It also shows the idiocy of announcing these awards before the season has even been concluded.

Mixu Paatelainen achieved NOTHING at Kilmarnock.

Jim Jefferies achieved NOTHING at Hearts.

It shows how far Scottish football has been allowed to drift that such non-achievers are considered for awards.

You used to have to actually win something to get an award.

Mixu Paatelainen achieved NOTHING at Kilmarnock.

Jim Jefferies achieved NOTHING at Hearts.

It shows how far Scottish football has been allowed to drift that such non-achievers are considered for awards.

You used to have to actually win something to get an award.

Understand the sentiment, but if I follow your arguement then the OF managers would get it every year

I'm sure I read that the votes for these awards are done in February.

I think a lot of these so called awards are voted for in Feb/March, which is a bit of a joke really. But anyway, on that basis Paatelainen is a deserved winner.

Understand the sentiment, but if I follow your arguement then the OF managers would get it every year

Which they should, to highlight the complete joke of a competition we are expected to pay good money to watch every year in this country.

All we are doing by putting money into Scottish football is lining the pockets of the Old Firm, as they take it all back out again.

What we need is proper competition, where more than 2 teams have an opportunity to win, and where their chances of doing so are more than the once in a blue moon we currently suffer.

The disparities have never been bigger.

Handing out baubles to non-achievers does not smooth the waters.

That's complete bollocks. It's all very well to bring out the "if you pay peanuts..." cliche but if the fact is that they had a striker playing the best football of his career (Sammon), a player signed from Udinese (Sissoko), a guy with 50 caps for Finland (Eremenko), and one of best players midfielders in the league (Bryson). Yes, Hearts should be claiming 3rd place as they have the biggest budget outwith the OF, but their resources are still far behind that of Celtic and Rangers and Jefferies had his team challenging the big two until about February.

There's no doubt Mixu vastly improved Killie and had them playing some attractive football, but that doesn't merit the Manager of the Year Award (particularly as he left his club in March). It also shows the idiocy of announcing these awards before the season has even been concluded.

+1

As one of the major purveyors of that service on AFC Chat, you have a cheek to pull me up for posting "complete bollocks"

The players you mention were either brought in or improved by Mixu... on, as I've already said, a shoe-string budget. Mixu also brought in the fullback from Chelsea, who did an excellent job while he was here.

I accept the argument that he didn't see out the season... but in February, he'd have got my vote. What he did, with next to no money, in such a short period of time merits the award. For a similar reason I was delighted to see John McGlynn also winning an award last week. Football is all about money these days, and that's how I make my judgements. Financially, Killie are in big trouble, however, despite this Mixu had them performing far above their ranking on the financial league table.

You're right, congratulations to Mixu for winning MotY. Despite not winning anything this season; despite not getting close to a cup final; despite not taking his team to 3rd (or even 4th) place; and despite not doing the job for a whole season, there's no doubt that he improved Killie by taking relegation candidates from last season and guiding them to 5th place. Even though I watched us annihilate them 5-nil in the league in February, I did also see them play some attractive passing football in some of their other games and he did sign/improve a couple of decent players during his tenure. Just so long as the title of Family Champions is not given to the club with the most bigoted/sectarian fans in the country then these awards should be respected.