Just a matter of time by the looks of it, before his family have put out a statement like that. Sounds like he's been in a bad way for quite a while now, but has been kept quiet, depite us all thinking he was recovering well this time last year.

Probably for best in the long run, as I doubt he'd want to be brain dead without being capable of doing anything.

A true sporting genius. Absolute legend.

Legend is an overused term in sporting circles but certainly not in Seve's case. Probably the worst off the tee of any pro golfer I have seen but his powers of recovery bewildered. A real icon of my generation, he even made Slazenger cool, and it will be a sad, sad day when the inevitable happens sooner rather than later I fear.

Don't be a f**king prick every time eh?

Lighten up.

When I opened my homepage and saw the Seve thread title I instantly thought he had either left Dundee United or had signed on again for next season, was a bit shocked and saddened when I read it was the golfer but found Tups post quite humourous.

Can remember the first time I saw him in the flesh, Double Diamond Team Tourney at Gleneagles, just after he finished 2nd to Johnny Miller in the Open in 76. Was my first sporting idol.

Shots that the modern player can now accomplish with 64 degree lob wedges, rescue clubs and massive headed metal woods, he was able to play those same shots with old fashioned clubs 35 years ago,

Can remember the first time I saw him in the flesh, Double Diamond Team Tourney at Gleneagles, just after he finished 2nd to Johnny Miller in the Open in 76. Was my first sporting idol.

Shots that the modern player can now accomplish with 64 degree lob wedges, rescue clubs and massive headed metal woods, he was able to play those same shots with old fashioned clubs 35 years ago,

So true SS. An absolute magician who the modern day player shooting 28 under on nicely cultivated, made for tv courses, could only dream of having half his talent.

RIP Seve, a hero to so many :cry:

Thing that I find so amazing is that he wasn't even allowed to play on his local course at Pedrena as a boy, cos of the snobbish ways of the Spanish, and he had to sneak on after it got dark, and was forced to practice on the beach with a 3 iron head that he shafted from an old branch of a tree.

Fantastic that somebody who grew up with so little, and had obstacles put in his way at every turn, turned out to be such a genius.

Still totally gutted today, even though we all knew last night what would happen overnight.

very fitting as I said earlier that the spanish open is taking place, the scene also of his last victory. a minutes silence today at 245pm.

have to admit to a few tears this morning on hearing the news.

when u see all that royal wedding pish it would be fitting for sky sports to give plenty of air time to this genius of sports funeral.

very fitting as I said earlier that the spanish open is taking place, the scene also of his last victory. a minutes silence today at 245pm.

have to admit to a few tears this morning on hearing the news.

when u see all that royal wedding pish it would be fitting for sky sports to give plenty of air time to this genius of sports funeral.

Aye you and me both, Diamond. I waited till the wife and boys left the hoose then had a good greet to masel.

A certain black golfer from the States could learn a lot from Seve regarding good grace, manners, humility and respect. And Seve was a hard as nails too, so you can do both at the same time.

I think that when he won his first Open in 79, and first Masters the following yr, each got a bottom of the page entry in page 5 or whatever of the Spanish press!! They just didn't give a sh1t. So, you could probably say that all the Spanish players that followed him, and a helluva lot of the Spanish golfing tourism industry, is down to this man.

first time i played with the great man was the spanish open 1992 my first year on tour,i never slept the night before was wetting myself as he was walking up to the first tee,he was fantastic all day he asked me going down the first how many events i had played he could tell i was nervous,legend doesnt do him justice he started everything for all of us on european tour, tour logo should be changed to image of seve RIP SEVE

first time i played with the great man was the spanish open 1992 my first year on tour,i never slept the night before was wetting myself as he was walking up to the first tee,he was fantastic all day he asked me going down the first how many events i had played he could tell i was nervous,legend doesnt do him justice he started everything for all of us on european tour, tour logo should be changed to image of seve RIP SEVE

Superb idea and something you could push Paul for sure, I doubt there are enough words to describe Seve.

Congrats on a super performance over the weekend Paul.

At the 16th at Royal Lytham this morning, in about 11 hours time, we are having a minutes silence ourselves, a private tribute to the great man from golfers who are old enough to remember him, admire him and appreciate the difference about him.

The sycophancy in the press from various non-entitys not fit to lace his shoes is cringeworthy.

That would be 99% of the golfing world, nice touch RS