Dons In New Bid To Keep Chris

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think there is any way he can stay now. Bridges burned. Negotiations should bypass Brown and Miller completley am afraid and be sole responsibility of Duncan Fraser. When speaking about potentially something as important as 5% of our turnover for the year I don't think responsibility should be delegated.

For me there is only two options and we position ourselves so that Maguire is either frozen out of football for 14 months or we receive the 300-400k we are due.

Don't think there is any way he can stay now. Bridges burned. Negotiations should bypass Brown and Miller completley am afraid and be sole responsibility of Duncan Fraser. When speaking about potentially something as important as 5% of our turnover for the year I don't think responsibility should be delegated.

For me there is only two options and we position ourselves so that Maguire is either frozen out of football for 14 months or we receive the 300-400k we are due.

Despite having championed Maguire earlier his recent behaviour has been appalling and I quite agree with the above comment. He may have some spark of talent, unfortunately for the talent it seems tied to an unprofessional twat and will ultimately be wasted - anything we get for him is a bonus. You have to hope he has a wee video of his good bits and has already signed a deal elsewhere as any scout in recent times will be telling his team to stop the negotiations (unless they need a new ball boy).

This will be the one year deal Maguire now wants since he unsurprisingly can't find club willing to pay the compensation.

I have no doubt the club will give it aswell and we will have a player here who doesn't want to be here next season.

This will be the one year deal Maguire now wants since he unsurprisingly can't find club willing to pay the compensation.

I have no doubt the club will give it aswell and we will have a player here who doesn't want to be here next season.

If we do then we are gutless and stupid.

Broon and Knox's work is just starting , I hope they get a break first , they need it .

Sometimes we have to change our minds but management reversing this decision suggests tired minds looking for an easy solution.

Pretty sure McGuire would rather be away than stay with us now ; if he stays can he please score more goals.

He's a cheeky wee loon but sometimes it goes with the job , Joey Harper wis impident as a kid( jist ask Fergie ! ).....I take the view that he can do what he likes within reason so long as he scores goals.

He's a cheeky wee loon but sometimes it goes with the job , Joey Harper wis impident as a kid( jist ask Fergie ! ).....I take the view that he can do what he likes within reason so long as he scores goals.

Correct, footballers are thick as mince, who cares, if they play well that's all that matters. He's played well more often than not this season.

If he signs a 2 year deal I'm happy. A 1 year deal is insane.

And to be frank I'd be flicking the V's at most of you every week given your attitudes.

Broon and Knox's work is just starting , I hope they get a break first , they need it .

Sometimes we have to change our minds but management reversing this decision suggests tired minds looking for an easy solution.

Pretty sure McGuire would rather be away than stay with us now ; if he stays can he please score more goals.

he isn't scoring goals, he doesn't want to be here. this will mean Aberdeen will sign him again.

Correct, footballers are thick as mince, who cares, if they play well that's all that matters. He's played well more often than not this season.

If he signs a 2 year deal I'm happy. A 1 year deal is insane.

And to be frank I'd be flicking the V's at most of you every week given your attitudes.

Not done much in last wee while, then the team hasnt

I agree.

Thinks could ultimately work in our favour here. Maguire has made it very clear he wants out of Aberdeen, giving the finger to our supporters was the final nail in the coffin. Sadly for Maguire, it looks like his agent hasn't been able to find anyone willing to stump up compensation.

If that remains the case, we should force Maguire to re-sign on the same terms as his previous deal (this is the criteria we need to fulfill). We'll then have a talented, motivated player, desperate to bust a gut and attract someones attention, on a fairly low wage....

I think Maguire is starting to sh*t himself, as the EPL or Championship club his agent promised him, hasn't materialised - this is why i think he gave us the finger at the weekend. Pure frustration.

Seriously ?

Maybe I should have qualified that. When we play well, Maguire plays well, no coincidence that.

I've written off McGhee's spell of games. He didna like Maguire, and it's therefore unfair to judge him on that period.

It's clear Maguire generates strong emotions from people, because he's a bit of a dick by all accounts. I don't care about that, I only care about his abilities.

In a good Aberdeen team Maguire would still be one of the first names on the sheet.

There's far too many curtain twitchers poring over his Twitter and Facebook and all that sh*te. Leave him be, he's young, he'll learn, like we all had to.

Maguire 10 goals this season - 4 against 2nd division opposition and 2 penalties.

Rory McAllister 24 goals this season

Less than a year in age between them think it would be a good move to get Maguire out for a transfer fee and McAllister in for free in the hope he is a late developer as opposed to finding his level. However do think scottish fitba is so poor if he can score 25 (couple games to go) in the 2nd division then he'll prob manage a few in the spl.

Only thing that matters for me is getting the ball in the back of the net.

1 league goal from open play since the turn of the year! Hes f**king murder one of our worst strikers of all times.

The fact that we are basically begging him to stay is a signal of what we can expect next season.

is your irrational hatred of "Kwissy" borne out of sheer, unadulterated jealousy?

MT - it is not irrational to quote his scoring stats - if he were sticking the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis he would still be off but many of us would be wishing him well. One goal from open play over that time frame is not a standard I would wish from a striker unless he plays for the other team. The fact sadly appears to be is that he has a wee bit of talent, is greedy on the ball (and this would be good if he did something with it - but he doesn't) and is a bit of a tosser. Now we can live with some of that but frankly he doesn't score, holds on to the ball to stop other of our players scoring and is a bit of a tosser. Those are not good reasons to offer him a wage - he might be trainable out of some of these but only if his attitude is right. I can see no evidence of that.

Maybe I should have qualified that. When we play well, Maguire plays well, no coincidence that.

3 or so decent games in a season aint good enough - that's the team and player.

I think he had potential, he still has, but he fell for the hype and has tried to be

a one man show and he hasn't got the ability to do that. It's a team game but far

too often he fails to recognise that and goes for personal glory.

His goals to appearances record is horrendous.

I really hope his agent finds a buyer.