Brown's Post-Match Interview ...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really starting to doubt Brown, he is starting to roll out quotes from the McGhee excuse book.

"There was mitigating reasons why we lost to St Mirren, 10 players out injured and an error"

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but did 8 of the players playing against St Mirren not feature in the semi-final against Celtic? a game Brown said we had every possibility of getting a result from.

Error? Langfield makes these mistakes every other game, that is down to inhability to concentrate for 90 mins. Why offer him a new contract?

And as for offering Maguire an improved offer just baffles me!

I'm really starting to doubt Brown, he is starting to roll out quotes from the McGhee excuse book.

"There was mitigating reasons why we lost to St Mirren, 10 players out injured and an error"

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but did 8 of the players playing against St Mirren not feature in the semi-final against Celtic? a game Brown said we had every possibility of getting a result from.

Error? Langfield makes these mistakes every other game, that is down to inhability to concentrate for 90 mins. Why offer him a new contract?

And as for offering Maguire an improved offer just baffles me!

Yes , mitigating factors were present ! Just out of interest what do you read as NOT being a rubbish excuse from a manager ? Do you believe mitigating factors cannot exist ? Is Mourinho just making up crap excuses for why he lost to Barcelona for example ?

Perhaps to ensure great compensation if he does leave as somebody mentioned on another thread . Perhaps because they see something in him ?

there is no point or any need to criticise Brown at this point in time.

I'll see where he takes the club next season before commenting. He inherited a squad half filled with sh*te bags and wasters. He came in to stop relegation, job done and now its on to a new season.

Thats all Mcghee inherited, yet he was expected to work wonders with free transfers (which may i add he did) if the board had given some money to strengthen the defence we might have been getting somewhere.

This squad needs some serious investment.

GK - Needed

LB - Needed

CB - Needed

CB - Consi / Mccardle

RB - Needed

LW - Needed

CM - Folly

CM - Milsom

RW - Fyvie / Pawlett

CF - Needed

CF - Vernon / Mackie

Thats all Mcghee inherited, yet he was expected to work wonders with free transfers (which may i add he did) if the board had given some money to strengthen the defence we might have been getting somewhere.

This squad needs some serious investment.

GK - Needed

LB - Needed

CB - Needed

CB - Consi / Mccardle

RB - Needed

LW - Needed

CM - Folly

CM - Milsom

RW - Fyvie / Pawlett

CF - Needed

CF - Vernon / Mackie

Are you deliberately provocative ? Are you hinting above that Brown is crap in your eyes ?

I am not the biggest Calderwood fan (to say the least) yet I would argue Mcghee took over a team who had just finished 4th whilst Brown took over a team that was bottom having just lost 5-0 which had no wingbacks for a start ! Slightly different dont you think ?

• Site Sponsor

Aye i mean whats hard to understand about

if you start jamie langfield - he will self combust every 3 games.

If you start Chris Maguire, he will not score but may cause injury to any supported in the stands behind the goals.

Simply cannot argue with that.

Are you deliberately provocative ? Are you hinting above that Brown is crap in your eyes ?

I am not the biggest Calderwood fan (to say the least) yet I would argue Mcghee took over a team who had just finished 4th whilst Brown took over a team that was bottom having just lost 5-0 which had no wingbacks for a start ! Slightly different dont you think ?

I dont have to hint at anything! We have only won 1 of our last 10 league games and hes gone and offered three of our worst players new contracts.

We may have finished 4th on paper but was that not on goal differance, if memory serves us we won 1 of our last 7/8 games? We had some awful players in that team a midfield of Kerr / Mcdonald and Aluko our wing backs were Foster and Mulgrew! Im not saying mcghee is a good manager, far from it, but it was asking for a minor miracle to make that team anything other than sh*te.

It was the boards problem that we had no wingbacks, Mcghee lined up the lad from Charlton but we wouldnt pay his wages and he also looked at Mcnamee.

I have already said it more than once that if Brown places his faith in guys like Jamie langfield he will be the third aberdeen manager who has lost his job because of him.

If the board give brown some cash to play with than im sure he will do a grand job.

But if he is expected to do the same job as McGhee than he will fail

I dont have to hint at anything! We have only won 1 of our last 10 league games and hes gone and offered three of our worst players new contracts.

We may have finished 4th on paper but was that not on goal differance, if memory serves us we won 1 of our last 7/8 games? We had some awful players in that team a midfield of Kerr / Mcdonald and Aluko our wing backs were Foster and Mulgrew! Im not saying mcghee is a good manager, far from it, but it was asking for a minor miracle to make that team anything other than sh*te.

It was the boards problem that we had no wingbacks, Mcghee lined up the lad from Charlton but we wouldnt pay his wages and he also looked at Mcnamee.

We finished 4th .. full stop . Taking over a team who finished 4th is easier than taking over one mid-season that was bottom . No ?

Also , you are making out that Mcghee never got enough time . Yet Brown who comfortably achieved what he was supposed to (i.e. staying up) is being criticised after a few months , having been left utter sh*te !

Oh dear .

Jesus ! Some utterly ill informed rubbish on here sometimes - Anyone who doesnt see mitigating circumstances to the recent poor run of form shows a poor lack of understanding about how football works !

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how it does work, or in your world, should bad results and poor performances simply be accepted and no criticism allowed?

We finished 4th .. full stop . Taking over a team who finished 4th is easier than taking over one mid-season that was bottom . No ?

Also , you are making out that Mcghee never got enough time . Yet Brown who comfortably achieved what he was supposed to (i.e. staying up) is being criticised after a few months , having been left utter sh*te !

Oh dear .

1 Win in 10 games....................That is worse than any run McGhee was on FULL STOP

1 Win in 10 games....................That is worse than any run McGhee was on FULL STOP

Amidst your hysteria, you are not taking extenuating circumstance into account.

To give your bare statistic some perspective

Getting all up in arms about losing end of season games, which mean nothing, is not good for your health.

Got it?

Amidst your hysteria, you are not taking extenuating circumstance into account.

To give your bare statistic some perspective

Getting all up in arms about losing end of season games, which mean nothing, is not good for your health.

Got it?

If they mean nothing, should they not let people in for nothing and refund the season ticket holders accordingly?

If they mean nothing, should they not let people in for nothing and refund the season ticket holders accordingly?

Yes, because that's how things work in modern business.

You know they mean nothing, I know they mean nothing, the players and management know this, but modern business diktat stipulates we cannot acknowledge this in any way.

So we pretend nothing has changed.

And Stoney quietly foams at the mooth in a corner of Pittodrie, raging that he's the only one that appears to care.

Yes, because that's how things work in modern business.

You know they mean nothing, I know they mean nothing, the players and management know this, but modern business diktat stipulates we cannot acknowledge this in any way.

So we pretend nothing has changed.

And Stoney quietly foams at the mooth in a corner of Pittodrie, raging that he's the only one that appears to care.

Well said that man !

I love the way theres extenuating circumstances for Browns shitness but not Mcghees.

Hypocrisy at its very finest.

Step into the real world sometime, the beer is good, the sky is blue and the sun is shining.

The only problem is we are sh*te.

The first statement is only in your own head . I've never said Mcghee didnt have extenuating circumstances to contend with . He just had less than Brown - He took over a team pre season who had finished 4th , Brown took a team who were bottom and on the slide . I CANT SAY IT ANY MORE CLEARLY !

Its not hypocrisy , its fact .

As for stepping in to the real world , I think you need to do that . You are the one who doesnt think of anything rationally !

Brown has been in the job for 4 and a half months, in which time he has done what was asked of him, ie save us from relegation, which is where we were heading under McGhee.

McGhee made a complete and utter c**t of the whole f**king thing from day one, right through to when he was put out of his misery, having not had the grace or class to resign.