Mass Exodus

So all the sounds at the club are that the wage bill will be frozen at the same level as last season. So how much will be available to Brown to work with? Here is some rough guesswork for how much could be speaking about. Including all players who were part of the first team pool like the lads who have been out on loan and not including youth team players like Nico Gibson et al as safe assumption those players will be replaced by new players for the youth team.

Jamie Langfield

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what the budgets going to be,

What we need and what the board are going to free up are going to be massivly differant.

Based on attendances, and league position i think the budget will be cut hugely next season.

Plus the board have to budget for the same again next season.

Not sure what the budgets going to be,

What we need and what the board are going to free up are going to be massivly differant.

Based on attendances, and league position i think the budget will be cut hugely next season.

Plus the board have to budget for the same again next season.

Is your glass always half empty?

We'll be fine, provided we get the right mix of players in.

Would think any transfer fees received (ha!) would be diverted into kitty for debt/interest payments.

Plenty sounds from the club that wage bill been frozen for next year. Assume it to be true very much doubt they'd all be lieing through their teeth on mass. It's a new season and new assumptions. If we make a small loss this season (possibly not though as any fees for Maguire and/or Aluko will belong to this accounting period) so be it.

If they give brown some decent money to play with then we will be fine.

Do you seriously think we are going to get ourselves out of this predicament by signing 4 or 5 players?

we will need to sign a lot more than that considering the amount going out the door. anything less and the club can go f**k itself.

To be honest i'm quite happy to know f**k all about our budget.

Lets just be canny and not let on - i'm impressed with these special ops methods of getting trilaists in and out of the buidling without anyone noticing.

Have we recruited Jason Bourne as player recruitment director??

jason-bourne.jpg

Mr Brown has requested your attendance at AFC training for a week - come with me

Do you seriously think we are going to get ourselves out of this predicament by signing 4 or 5 players?

We'll be signing more than 4 or 5 players though. We signed that just to get by for the rest of this season, and January is never a good time to sign players.

I trust Brown and Knox on their knowledge of the game and believe they will source a far higher calibre of player than McGhee seemed to think was acceptable.

VDA

Look how many players we let go last summer, i think we would be lucky if half of those were replaced, this summer is the same again, we need to give brown a fighting chance or paying the compo to motherwell was pointless

To be honest i'm quite happy to know f**k all about our budget.

Lets just be canny and not let on - i'm impressed with these special ops methods of getting trilaists in and out of the buidling without anyone noticing.

Have we recruited Jason Bourne as player recruitment director??

jason-bourne.jpg

Mr Brown has requested your attendance at AFC training for a week - come with me

Yeah im happy with that, too many times over the years we went running to the press about players coming only to attract unwanted attention. I would quite happily not know anything till the player signs on the dotted line.

Well we won't be signing just 4 or 5 players. We'll have a squad of 22/23 supplemented by the better youth team players just like the last few seasons. We have 15 at the moment (see below) so we'll be signing 7 or 8 minimum but more likely up at ten signings as some may be loaned out like Scott Bain and Stirling Smith this season, possibly sold perhaps Foster or McArdle both had interest in them in the past or even paid off this summer perhaps Paton.

I think we'll sign ten players between now and September 1st.

Prospective Squad:

McArdle

Considine

Foster

Robertson

Shaunnessey

Milsom

Jack

Pawlett

Fyvie

Folly

Vernon

Mackie

Megginson

Magennis

Paton

I agree - we need 10 players at least, I hope we sign 10. But we were let down last summer, im not sure what has changed! I think the budget will be worse not better, unless the board are investing some money

Don't think we were let down on paper last summer to be fair to the club. Just turned out to be total sh*t.

McArdle, Northern Irish international

Magennis, Northern Irish International

Howard, vast improvement on the calibre of the back up keepers of the previous five or so seasons.

Foley, Togo international

Vernon, experienced front man that had scored a decent amount of goals down in England

Hartley, vastly experienced current Scottish international at the time.

Velicka, very good strike rate in the SPL

Vujadinovic, unknown quantity but gave hope to the fans

+ the three promoted from youth team was 11 players added to first team pool

Looking fwd to seeing the back of Clangers.

He'll end up at St.Fillinhere FC.

We'll be fine, provided we get the right mix of players in.

Tup are you still sticking to your statments of a few momths ago? ;)

I believe that the calibre of signing will be higher - but I don't believe there is "secret money thats been suddenly been unearthed and we will be splashig the cash on big wages".

I hope we can be more competitve though, for the reasons highlighted earlier in this thread.

I agree - we need 10 players at least, I hope we sign 10. But we were let down last summer, im not sure what has changed! I think the budget will be worse not better, unless the board are investing some money

Brown has said numerous times we will have the SAME budget next season . So we will be replacing how ever many go out .

Don't think we were let down on paper last summer to be fair to the club. Just turned out to be total sh*t.

McArdle, Northern Irish international

Magennis, Northern Irish International

Howard, vast improvement on the calibre of the back up keepers of the previous five or so seasons.

Foley, Togo international

Vernon, experienced front man that had scored a decent amount of goals down in England

Hartley, vastly experienced current Scottish international at the time.

Velicka, very good strike rate in the SPL

Vujadinovic, unknown quantity but gave hope to the fans

+ the three promoted from youth team was 11 players added to first team pool

I think we were a wee bit, we lost 14 (ncluding foster) from the first team squad, a team that was already struggling not only for numbers, but on the pitch too! Velicka only played 6 games and we also lost ifil!

Jonathan Crawford

Stuart Duff (M)

Davide Grassi (D)

Mark Kerr (M)

Paul Marshall (M)

Gary McDonald (M)

Lee Miller (F)

Charlie Mulgrew (D)

Stuart Nelson (G)

Jim Paterson (M)

Maurice Ross (D)

Sam Stewart (M)

Tommy Wright (F)

Ricky Foster

Also Going/Gone

Diamond

Hartley

Smith

Vujadinovic

Young

Aluko

Ifil

Velicka

also potentially

Maguire

Langfield

I think we were a wee bit, we lost 14 (ncluding foster) from the first team squad, a team that was already struggling not only for numbers, but on the pitch too! Velicka only played 6 games and we also lost ifil!

Jonathan Crawford

Stuart Duff (M)

Davide Grassi (D)

Mark Kerr (M)

Paul Marshall (M)

Gary McDonald (M)

Lee Miller (F)

Charlie Mulgrew (D)

Stuart Nelson (G)

Jim Paterson (M)

Maurice Ross (D)

Sam Stewart (M)

Tommy Wright (F)

Ricky Foster

Also Going/Gone

Diamond

Hartley

Smith

Vujadinovic

Young

Aluko

Ifil

Velicka

also potentially

Maguire

Langfield

Wright left in the January but youve not got Maclean on your list so....

Ifil left this January.

So what 13 left? and 11 joined seems a much of a muchness.

Wright left in the January but youve not got Maclean on your list so....

Ifil left this January.

So what 13 left? and 11 joined seems a much of a muchness.

Depends on how you view the youngstars being promoted. And how you will view the same thing happening this summer.

I think there is a big differance to the wages going out to the wages coming in. Also Lee Mair is not on that list either.

Soccerbase is garbage.

Tup are you still sticking to your statments of a few momths ago? ;)

I believe that the calibre of signing will be higher - but I don't believe there is "secret money thats been suddenly been unearthed and we will be splashig the cash on big wages".

I hope we can be more competitve though, for the reasons highlighted earlier in this thread.

Absolutely.