Chris Maguire Player Of The Season Winner

Said in his acceptance speech that he's thankful to the the fans who voted and is pleased to win, also that there's other fans that don't know him and they can think what they like.

KTHNXBAI!

whoever voted for this guy have no ability to rate a footballer and should never be allowed to watch football again, much less vote for anything. ever.

Said in his acceptance speech that he's thankful to the the fans who voted and is pleased to win, also that there's other fans that don't know him and they can think what they like.

What is he, four?

Did he stamp his foot and stick out his tongue when he said that?

cow_800.jpg

Well if we were going to award "Player of the half-season" then Vernon would have definitely won, otherwise no c**t deserved player of the year.

We're laughing but Maguire was one of only 2 players, the other one being Vernon, who had a chance of winning this. No one's been great but someone has to win it.

Well if we're talking 'half' season, then I'd like to add both Milsom & Smith. Especially when you take into account the importance of the areas that needed filling & were more than adequately filled by BOTH at such a crucial time. :dontknow:

Don't get me wrong, Maguire did play his part & even the die hard haters of him must agree that even though he didn't 'play his part' as far as actual goals are concerned, he did contribute massively to them in such a dire time up front for us (which has actually gone on for more than a decade now) but it seems this blame is solely laid on him :dontknow:

He's nae blameless for our slump but it does seem that he takes the bulk of the blame (& ALL of it from SOME)

Tin hat on AGAIN.

oh ffs, i assumed this was scottish young player of the year hed picked up so i was baffled.

didnt realise this was afc player of the season. did the fans vote for this? wtf??? are there that many idiots or was it just that nobody realised they were meant to vote. i know i didnt vote in this thing.

voted best player in one of our worst seasons in recent memory.....wow, what an achievement....

oh ffs, i assumed this was scottish young player of the year hed picked up so i was baffled.

didnt realise this was afc player of the season. did the fans vote for this? wtf??? are there that many idiots or was it just that nobody realised they were meant to vote. i know i didnt vote in this thing.

voted best player in one of our worst seasons in recent memory.....wow, what an achievement....

It is, he'll have it next to his 7 in a row man of the match awards.

Overall I think it's just about deserved that he's our player of the season. Hopefully he'll decide to put pen to paper on a new two year deal once he's had time to consider his options after the seasons over.

Just put it into perspective. Maguire would still be on the bench if he was in a sqaud that contained the likes of Jess, Booth, Glass etc. Basically the last time we had some decent youth coming thru the system?

Maguire looks ok in our squad because he is generally surrounded by guff. It just shows how poor the standards have become at AFC that this little streak of pish wins the AFC player of the year award. Good grief its got that f**king desperate!!

And hes thick and can hardly string a sentence together. All more the reason to get rid!!

Chris, if you're reading this.

People are annoyed with you for showing a total lack of respect to the fans.

There is a strong reaction to that.

For me as someone who is a keen follower of football and has seen many players with less talent than you "make it" and many more who had more talent end up falling out of the game.

My advice is:

Ask for some advice from those experienced in the game.

Perhaps listening to your agent and moving to the first English side that rears it's head and offers good wages might no necessarily be the best thing for your life.

Also, don't hold the club to ransom and say you will only stay for one season, it will be terrible for you AND the club.

It will alienate the fans and you will find yourself at a club when your afc contract runs out who are willing to take a punt on a free transfer and might not mind if they stick you in the reserves.

Please, you're a young guy but now is the time to start showing some maturity as you are a man now.

Get your head down, focus on the game, and show a great attitude.

Those that don't, don't get far in the game or in life and those that do often go a lot further than anyone expected.

Just put it into perspective. Maguire would still be on the bench if he was in a sqaud that contained the likes of Jess, Booth, Glass etc.

Jesus Christ. Look around. Nobody in our playing squad or anyone in the whole division bar the scum would make it into that side. Players of that standard all play in the coke championship now on 4 times the money.

Bottom line is: everyone has been awful.

Not one player with pass marks bar maybe Ryan Jack because he is too young to be surrounded by sh*t.

Has a player in the team made a bigger contribution?

A player of the season has to be given to someone and the only other person who could be considered would be Vernon.

Can't understand as to how that petulant wee scumbag got Evening Depress Player of the Year. Absolute insult to the fans. Charlie Allan and his nauseating fanboyish praise of AFC does my f**king head in, this, and his rants about how those that critisize the club and the playing staff are somehow "not real fans" f**king do nothing for the support, except alienate the fans even further. However the postie hasn't the talent or the balls to actually ask the difficult questions, so it'll never get any better.

If it was up to me, I'd have given it to either Vernon, with Young and Folly as runners up. Vernon's good, his goals have saved us, and he does nae bad on the pitch too. Folly would have scored a hell of a lot higher if he hadn't gotten injured, as would Fyvie; Young's a contender just for his workrate cos he's mince in most other areas

its a sign of how poor we have become for a player like McGuire to be voted best player, to be honest i think after a team like ours has its 2nd terrible season, best player awards should be out on hold until we actually have a team deserving of an award, not one Aberdeen player deserves an award

I watched the RedTV interview-he's so f**king thick, couldn't resist a getting digs in at the fans.

I can't see where he's coming from-all fans have acknowledged improvement in his play, we are all supportive from the stand as his all round play has been good.

As far as I'm concerned the only negativity he will be hearing from "certain fans" right now is because he hasn't signed s contract and that appears to show a lack of commitment.

Well sorry Christopher that's f**king life as s fitba employee, don't take it personally. Which he appears to have done-and doesn't have the intelligence to decipher the difference between that and genuine abuse.

The fans are upset, not angry-you f**king daffy.