Scotland Squad For Nations Cup Games

Goalkeepers: Matt Gilks (Blackpool), Allan McGregor (Rangers), Iain Turner (Everton)

Defenders: Phil Bardsley (Sunderland), Christophe Berra (Wolves), Gary Caldwell (Wigan Athletic), Stephen Crainey (Blackpool), Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Steven Whittaker (Rangers), Danny Wilson (Liverpool)

Midfielders: Charlie Adam (Blackpool), Barry Bannan (Aston Villa), Scott Brown (Celtic), Kris Commons (Celtic), James Forrest (Celtic), James McArthur (Wigan Athletic), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Barry Robson (Middlesbrough)

Forwards: Craig Mackail-Smith (Peterborough), Chris Maguire (Aberdeen), Ross McCormack (Leeds United), Kenny Miller (Bursaspor), Steven Naismith (Rangers)

Can't say there are any real surprises apart from Russell Martin.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goalkeepers: Matt Gilks (Blackpool), Allan McGregor (Rangers), Iain Turner (Everton)

Defenders: Phil Bardsley (Sunderland), Christophe Berra (Wolves), Gary Caldwell (Wigan Athletic), Stephen Crainey (Blackpool), Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Steven Whittaker (Rangers), Danny Wilson (Liverpool)

Midfielders: Charlie Adam (Blackpool), Barry Bannan (Aston Villa), Scott Brown (Celtic), Kris Commons (Celtic), James Forrest (Celtic), James McArthur (Wigan Athletic), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Barry Robson (Middlesbrough)

Forwards: Craig Mackail-Smith (Peterborough), Chris Maguire (Aberdeen), Ross McCormack (Leeds United), Kenny Miller (Bursaspor), Steven Naismith (Rangers)

Matt Gilks - :suicide:

Craig Makail Smith - WTF???????????????

Apparently Mark Wilson is injured so no inclusion for him, Snodgrass out too and D. Fletcher has the CL final. S Fletcher - this needs to be clarified as he's on form and isn't being included.

Russell Martin's dad is Scottish apparently but I've to see that confirmed.

Always good to see a Dandies players in there even though I believe he'd be nowhere near it if McFadden or Goodwillie were fit/not on bail

levein and goodwillie never got on at utd, think harry potter had issues with his off field antics, if it is due to terms of bail fair enough but goodwillie is by far the best current scottish striker and harry is making a mistake leaving him out, when he is cleared of the rape charge (i have heard it might be dropped) he better be in next squad, like him or not he is on fire just now

levein and goodwillie never got on at utd, think harry potter had issues with his off field antics, if it is due to terms of bail fair enough but goodwillie is by far the best current scottish striker and harry is making a mistake leaving him out, when he is cleared of the rape charge (i have heard it might be dropped) he better be in next squad, like him or not he is on fire just now

Yeah, I think it's fairly common knowledge that they didn't get on. I remember Levein was quoted as saying Goodwillies "head was full of mince."

Yeah, I think it's fairly common knowledge that they didn't get on. I remember Levein was quoted as saying Goodwillies "head was full of mince."

Levein was the making of Goodwillie.

Stuck him out to Raith, 2nd Div, on loan, and made it clear it was his last chance.

He has not looked back since.

I think the SFA will have made the decision to exclude him, for obvious reasons.

That squad is utter plum. Pretty much the relegation haunted players there, says it all really.

EDIT: To prove my point there

Goalkeepers: Matt Gilks (Blackpool), Allan McGregor (Rangers), Iain Turner(Everton)

the defence (and goalies) in bold struggled all season with their respected teams, Turner on loan at Preston of course too. Have we really come to this now?

Ones in bold WTF.

Oh and i've said before i wouldn't have Whittaker anywhere near the team, at a push in the right-mid spot but even that's clutching at straws. Maybe it's just me but i think he's an abortion of a player who's had a few good games for the Huns but always been pish for Scotland. I mean folk rip Foster for f**k sake but he's torn him a new one many times and that says it all then.

After his disgraceful performances last year in qualifying it should have been his last cap.

Basically, anyone who isn't playing week in week out in a Premiership team (who aren't in a relegation battle) or anyone who plays for the Old Firm should not be in the team.

Well if you can't defend worth a f**k against some of the joke forwards in the Premiership then yeah. Hardly inspiring are they? And where exactly did i say no OF players? Scott Brown hasn't exactly been great for Celtic but i have rated him before and he's the sort of c**t you want in the team as he mixes it up, although sometimes at a cost. McGregor, Commons, Miller and Naismith are absolute definites too, especially Naismith who's been excellent this year. So yes you're right i don't like us having Old Firm players in the squad :rolleyes: