Judgement Day Is May 21, 2011

phoenix

Whit a relief!

Eh was struggling tae get meh shiit in order afore Saturday, but now eh've 5 months extra. Thanks for the heads-up 'Nix!

Was unaware masel' , of our impending doom , Byen until I read Prof Brian Cox's tweet in my paper this morning( I d'a tweet masel' but my paper kindly offers what's on current celebrity tweetlists ).

' Brian Cox: I expect everyone who thinks so-called #judgementday is May 21st to support science and reason from the 22nd onwards'

They blamed they got the maths wrong the last time ( '94 ? ).....I wonder what the excuse will be on Saturday.

The Mayans will be well f**ked off if it all starts kicking off on Saturday. ;)

:laughing:

Christ aye !

I'd forgotten aboot them.

The end of the world thing has been going on since the beginning...there were end-of-the-world cults as far back as Jesus's day , they say even he micht hiv been in een !

Millenarianism I think it's cried.

Hud on...ah'll hae a look.

Concise Oxford English Dictionary

End of the World on May 21st? No!

God will destroy the world on October 21 2011. Flooding, Famine, Locusts, and large Earthquakes will dominate the End Times,

If this were true then God is a right arsehole! In saying that, the Bible is full of crazy vengeful God stuff!

Maybe God is a Dandy and thought "Not having another bloody season like that" and decided to end it all.

End of the World sh*t used to freak me out... and there's a never-ending procession of EotW scenarios rolled out to scare the bejesus out of people.

So far we've survived

Nuclear war... that was the first "We're all going to die!" scenario I remember people trying to scare me with

Meteor strike

Supervolcano

Nanobot gray goo

Alien Invasion by lizard men from a converted asteroid

Supervirus

Nibiru

AI revolt a'la Terminator

Mass extinction

Return of Jesus with a flaming sword and his Bloodthirsty Army of Avenging Pixies

Every year someone finds another reason that we're all going to die.

It's all bollocks.

The evangelical broadcaster who left followers crestfallen by his failed prediction that last Saturday would be Judgement Day says he miscalculated.

Harold Camping said it had "dawned" on him that God would spare humanity "hell on Earth for five months" and the apocalypse would happen on 21 October.

Mr Camping said he felt "terrible" about his mistake.

But he said he could not give financial advice to those who spent their life savings in the belief the end was nigh.

Mr Camping had predicted that on 21 May, true believers would be swept up to heaven while a giant earthquake would bring destruction for those left behind.

His independent ministry, Family Radio International, spent millions of dollars on broadcasts, billboards and campaign vehicles to publicise the prediction.

Some followers donated their life savings or simply gave away their worldly possessions as the day approached.

The predicted doomsday was publicised worldwide Many expressed bewilderment and shock as the day came and went with no sign of the global cataclysm.

"I've been mocked and scoffed and cursed at," said Jeff Hopkins, a retired TV producer in New York state who spent some of his savings customising his car to showcase Mr Camping's warning.

"It's like getting slapped in the face."

'Not accurate'

Mr Camping had not been seen since Saturday until he appeared on a show on his Open Forum radio show, broadcast from Oakland, California, on Monday to give a 90-minute sometimes rambling presentation that included a question-and-answer session with reporters.

He said that when his prediction had failed to materialise he felt so terrible that he took refuge in a motel with his wife.

He said sorry for not having the dates "worked out as accurately as I could have".

Over the weekend, he said, he had returned to the scripture and it had "dawned" on him that a "merciful and compassionate God" would spare humanity by compressing the apocalyptic destruction into a shorter time frame.

But he insisted 21 October had always been the end-point of his own chronology - or at least his own latest chronology, as a previous prophecy that the apocalypse would strike in 1994 also failed to come to pass.

Asked if he had any advice to offer those who had given away their material wealth in the belief the world was about to end, Mr Camping said they would cope.

"We just had a great recession. There's lots of people who lost their jobs, lots of people who lost their houses... and somehow they all survived," he said.

"We're not in the business of giving any financial advice," he added.

"We're in the business of telling people maybe there is someone you can talk to, and that's God."

:tumbleweed:

One thing this proves is how gullible people can be.

f**king idiot should be jailed for life for this pish.

End of the world, give me strength, if it happens, we'll know f**k all about it, so what's the worry, we'll be obliterated in seconds.

I hate religion.

He looks like Billy McKinlay in the top photo.

He's more like Davie Dodds in the second one.

Strange c**t indeed.

You read , tup?

I'm about to give this to my doctor( who I saw at Uncaged Monkeys ).

I believe in passing a good thing on.

You want ?

It may come smelling of prescription drugs !

You read , tup?

I'm about to give this to my doctor( who I saw at Uncaged Monkeys ).

I believe in passing a good thing on.

You want ?

It may come smelling of prescription drugs !

Yes, I'll read it no bother, he sounds like he's got a bit of a story to tell.

Although I studied physics, I'm not particularly interested in it, but the man himself sounds like a bit of a radge.

I love eccentric people.

Although I studied physics, I'm not particularly interested in it, but the man himself sounds like a bit of a radge.

I love eccentric people.

I don't, attention-seeking shits, generally.

I don't, attention-seeking shits, generally.

It depends, I don't like self-publicists who claim to be eccentric, and make capital from their claims.

However, I am a fan of truly eccentric people, a dying breed it has to be said, people who are happy to display that they're f**ked up, like we all are, and have no desire to hide behind a cloak of respectability, like most of society attempts these days.

Like that mannie that had thousands of piles of paper in his house when he died, on all kinds of subjects, total cleptomaniac.

Turns out 21 May was just a "spiritual" judgement day and 21 October is the main event.

That's fine by me, at least eh get my holiday in afore eh go to hell.

Aye....he's tenacious alright. :laughing:

As crestfallen followers of a California preacher who foresaw the world's end strained to find meaning in their lives, Harold Camping revised his apocalyptic prophecy, saying the Earth will actually be obliterated on 21 October.

Mr Camping, who predicted that 200 million Christians would be taken to Heaven on Saturday before global cataclysm struck the planet, has revealed he felt so terrible when his doomsday message did not come true that he left home and took refuge in a motel with his wife. But he was not backing down, apologising only for not having the dates "worked out as accurately as I could have".

Through chatting with a friend over the weekend, the light dawned on him that instead of the biblical Rapture in which the faithful would be swept up to Heaven, 21 May had instead been a "spiritual" Judgement Day, which places the entire world under Christ's judgement. The globe will be destroyed in five months, when the apocalypse comes, he insisted, and his network will broadcast Christian programmes until the final end on 21 October.

It's not the first time the 89-year-old retired civil engineer has had to explain failed predictions. Mr Camping also prophesied the apocalypse would come in 1994, but said that didn't happen due to a mathematical error.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-preacher-got-dates-wrong-for-end-of-the-world-ndash-its-really-21-october-2288545.html

Aye....he's tenacious alright. :laughing:

He's tenacious in the sense that he's a hound for a pound.

There's good money in it for the scamming c**t.

If he just said 'oh, f**k, sorry guys, got it wrong, made it up in fact, you've sussed me, he'd:

A) have his tap stopped on the subscriptions from the imbeciles who believed the fly c**t.

B) probably get a good kicking.

You can see his point in battling on regardless.

I love eccentric people.

Good min.....I'll get it up to you at the earliest. Will need an address of some kind.