Malcolm Webster Guilty

Jonty

If only the death penalty was still in force in this country. That would be one less cretin to have to put up with. Would solve a lot of their space issues in prison as well.

Fingers crossed whichever prison he ends up in he has to share a room with big jock who pounds his ass in daily.

Who?

Have you been living under a rock for the last three months? :-P He killed his first wife to get the life insurance money but tried to make it look like a car accident, bought himself a yacht with the money and then attempted to kill his second wife for her life insurance. Also tried to marry another woman while still married to gain access to her estate and pretended he had leukaemia. All in all a very sick and twisted man.

The man should rot in hell.

Everyone knows he was guilty, and absolutely he was - but I don't agree with some aspects that the case was dealt with.

Some of things that the witnesses came away with were just ridiculous.

It seemed they'd say anything to send him down. I would have preferred if they did it in the right way so he'd have no right to appeal.

The police officer on duty said (after MANY years) - 'oh the crashing of the car, did look like it could have been set up'.

WHY THE f**k DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT AT THE TIME THEN? Why did it take until yearsssss later for you to come out with such a statement. I just found it ridiculous.

Send the c**t down, because he's a guilty b*stard, but the courts left loopholes for a right to appeal with some of the things they came away with - and that's not right.

Chop the c**ts balls off all the same.

It would have been far fetched to think that at the time, it looked like a tragic accident. But the fact he tried to do it again made it look like an obvious set up. f**kin lunatic the boy.

Anyway, he'll end up doing himself in at some point I'm sure. Death isn't good enough for him.

Have you been living under a rock for the last three months? :-P He killed his first wife to get the life insurance money but tried to make it look like a car accident, bought himself a yacht with the money and then attempted to kill his second wife for her life insurance. Also tried to marry another woman while still married to gain access to her estate and pretended he had leukaemia. All in all a very sick and twisted man.

The man should rot in hell.

Been living in the US - never heard of the guy...but thats because it isn't on the news over here.

Live in Scotland and never heard of the story.

Absolutely astonishing.

Had to laugh the other day though, Radio 1 managed to pick up the story once he was convicted, tfhough to gain any guffy interest, Webster had suddenly become 'a Surrey man'. Astonichingly telling there, like if he had been just an 'Aberdeen man' then there would have been no story.

• 1 month later...

I'm all for taking serious criminals like this and dumping them on an island somewhere. Somewhere cold and shitty, with just the basics for survival. All it costs is the helicopter flight out to the island, after which they're no longer society's problem.

No-one needs to be executed, taxpayers can't whine about the costs of incarceration, the problem has been dealt with and the perpetrator has been punished.

I'm thinking this sort of place...

grimsey-89-14373.jpg

Guest the shepherd

I'm all for taking serious criminals like this and dumping them on an island somewhere. Somewhere cold and shitty, with just the basics for survival. All it costs is the helicopter flight out to the island, after which they're no longer society's problem.

No-one needs to be executed, taxpayers can't whine about the costs of incarceration, the problem has been dealt with and the perpetrator has been punished.

I'm thinking this sort of place...

grimsey-89-14373.jpg

Good idea but am all for the idea of locking the evil b*stard inside a burning car and pushing it down a steep embankment, to see if he could escape from that, to see how he would like it. If he passed the test, which I am pretty sure he wouldn't, then hanging would be the next option. What's Albert Pierrepoint doing with himself lately?

• 2 years later...

Psychoville star Reece Shearsmith is to portray convicted murderer Malcolm Webster in a forthcoming drama for ITV.

The Widower will follow Webster over a 13-year period during which he murdered his first wife and attempted to kill his second wife before fleeing.
His wife Claire, who he poisoned then killed in a staged car crash, will be played by Sheridan Smith. The Good Wife's Archie Panjabi also stars.
The drama will be written by Mrs Biggs and Lucan screenwriter Jeff Pope.
"This is a quite extraordinary story, far more chilling than any fiction," said Pope, who co-wrote hit film Philomena with Steve Coogan.
"Webster was a banal, almost benign face of evil. He was so clever at hiding his tracks and presenting a plausible front to his friends, family and colleagues that he was able to do what he did without really attracting suspicion.
"The courage and tenacity of Webster's second wife Felicity, and his last intended victim Simone, is all that stood between him and potentially more murders."
Malcolm Webster, 54, originally from Surrey, was jailed for a minimum of 30 years in 2011 for murdering Claire Morris in Aberdeenshire in 1994.
He was also convicted of staging a similar attempt to murder his second wife, Felicity Drumm, in New Zealand.
The couple, who married in 1997, were involved in a suspect car crash in 1999.
Webster disappeared and reappeared four years later, in Scotland, where he began a relationship with nurse Simone Banerjee, played by Panjabi.
Waking the Dead's Kate Fleetwood will play second wife Drumm, while John Hannah will play Detective Inspector Charlie Henry, who investigated the case and will act as police advisor on the production. Drumm and Banerjee will act as consultants.
"The combination of tautly written scripts and a fantastic cast makes this a really exciting addition to our 2014 drama slate," said ITV's director of drama commissioning Steve November.