Paulo Di Canio

He was some player, and to be that good, you have to be crazy.

It happens the world over, brilliance = deranged.

Maradona, Zidane, Gazza, Di Canio, Totti, Romario, Ronaldo, Eduardo, Best etc etc

Maniacs to a man. Genius comes with insanity.

Without the insanity, the genius would not flow.

However, when their careers end, look out, they rapidly disintegrate.

Maradona, Zidane, Gazza, Di Canio, Totti, Romario, Ronaldo, Eduardo, Best etc etc

What about Pele? He's pretty boring. :dontknow:

What about Pele? He's pretty boring. :dontknow:

This is true of course, as it is for thousands of others, but Pele's career was more based on huge amounts of effort, a la Lineker, or Billy Dodds, than any great wizardy with a football, albeit he was very skilful, but so are thousands of Brazilians.

I'm talking the real geniuses, the ones who always taint their legacy, because they're several sandwiches short of a picnic. These guys are more skilful, but obviously less successful as mental impairment impacts on their careers.

The most skilful footballer I've ever seen? Robert Prosinecki, a hard drinker, who smoked 40 fags a day.

This is true of course, as it is for thousands of others, but Pele's career was more based on huge amounts of effort, a la Lineker, or Billy Dodds, than any great wizardy with a football, albeit he was very skilful, but so are thousands of Brazilians.

I'm talking the real geniuses, the ones who always taint their legacy, because they're several sandwiches short of a picnic. These guys are more skilful, but obviously less successful as mental impairment impacts on their careers.

The most skilful footballer I've ever seen? Robert Prosinecki, a hard drinker, who smoked 40 fags a day.

Disagree. As much as I prefer Maradonna, Pele was amazing.

Maybe he is the exception to your rule? There's always an exception.....

Disagree. As much as I prefer Maradonna, Pele was amazing.

Maybe he is the exception to your rule? There's always an exception.....

Truth is he was before my time. Many held Puskas and Eusebio as better footballers, in weaker teams.

I've not seen enough good quality footage of Pele to judge for sure, but to me all 11 players in those sides were amazing.

And Garrincha was held to be the key player. When he and Pele played in the same Brazilian side, they never lost, once, and this encompassed three World Cups and tens of internationals.

Truth is he was before my time. Many held Puskas and Eusebio as better footballers, in weaker teams.

I've not seen enough good quality footage of Pele to judge for sure, but to me all 11 players in those sides were amazing.

And Garrincha was held to be the key player. When he and Pele played in the same Brazilian side, they never lost, once, and this encompassed three World Cups and tens of internationals.

Fair enough, it's all about opinions.

I do find the idea of Di Canio (or any Italian) being a racist, quite amusing. Who is he racist towards? White people, black people, hispanics?

Must be a very small world being a racist Italian, living in a shoe.

Who? You meaning Edmundo? Will Messi lose it at some point?