Weather

buzz15afc

f**king pish like, I had a match to play, and being a laddie who spent a number of years standing sideways on the isle of man, fancied my chances against a rapidly improving and over-handicapped young loon. But no, course closed. Will now be playing Friday, and no doubt get humped on a flar calm evening :soapbox:

f**king pish like, I had a match to play, and being a laddie who spent a number of years standing sideways on the isle of man, fancied my chances against a rapidly improving and over-handicapped young loon. But no, course closed. Will now be playing Friday, and no doubt get humped on a flar calm evening :soapbox:

i was supposed to play this aftrenoon too, gutted as i think the wind wouldve greatly improved my slicing :)

Crazy winds out there, couldn't wait to get out of work as impossible to do much at all in the yard. One of the truck drivers in the base needed a hand to pull the tarpaulin over at the side of the truck and we struggled like f**k with the speed of the wind, so much so that it nearly f**king knocked me out as it swung towards us, bloody hazard like.

Better not be like that tomorrow :crossfingers:

Got called by my leasing agents today. Apparently a tree has blown over in my back garden, just missed the garage but wiped out the clothes line. Must be hooring big tree as the clothes line is about 20m+ from the nearest tree. And I'm in norway the now too :(

I work in the countryside and the drive home was like completing a physical challenge on the Crystal Maze. Something flew from somewhere and hit my car. And I had to dodge fallen down trees and branches all the way home. Pretty scary, but surely not as bad as the winds experienced the late 80s, remember when Michael Fish said there was noting to worry about?

• Admin

inlaws are in glasgow and their train home was cancelled.

scotrail have suspended all travel until further notice.

dunno why im trying to move back to scotland, its a fine summery evening here - been BBQ weather all day

I'm taking the train tomorrow! :banghead:

tried to get to Inverurie from Alford...

phukked just past Monymusk...huge tree...and then...(thought we could sneek round it)..and fit??

anither huge tree....felled and f**ked....a massive failure (not a whale tho)...

Northsound radio saying be careful

me thinkin....how the phukk do you do that???

I got home

;o)

I live in what's called "Tornado alley" every year we get blasted around this time, not only with Tornados but the baseball size hail that comes with it.

We have been on severe Tornado watch off and on for the last week or so.

If you havn't experienced that kind of weather it is scary sh*t!

so long as the trains have managed to get back to there depots for the start of day 2m things should be fine, only thing will be the state of the lines, busy night for network rail boys i think

very busy night for the rail boys.

meant to be trees and debris over half the lines. can still get buses but as far as the trains go, could be the end of the week before normal service is resumed.

• Admin

so long as the trains have managed to get back to there depots for the start of day 2m things should be fine, only thing will be the state of the lines, busy night for network rail boys i think

"Train is not stopping" at the station, so it's effectively cancelled and my tickets are apparently non-refundable.

There has been extensive Tornado damage in Oklahoma this afternoon, and it is still hitting OKC as i type

i40 has been closed West of Oklahoma City with many vehicles having been flipped over and several suburbs around OKC have been hit.

Luckily we only got the start of it as it headed up from Texas over us and headed East.

There's a creek at the bottom of our property, usually about 2 feet deep with banks about 12 feet deep... went down there a couple of days ago, and the water was more or less at the top of the banks, with all trees and caravans and vehicles being carried off to wherever the f**k the creek goes. Was shitting myself thinking it was going to keep rising and flood the sh*t out of the house.

Spoke to the neighbour who I suspect has dementia and he was telling me how back in the Great Flood Of '83 or whenever, the creek burst its banks and flooded the whole f**king neighbourhood.

Just wondering if I can call and get flood insurance as I'm bailing the living room oot.

• Admin

There's a creek at the bottom of our property, usually about 2 feet deep with banks about 12 feet deep... went down there a couple of days ago, and the water was more or less at the top of the banks, with all trees and caravans and vehicles being carried off to wherever the f**k the creek goes. Was shitting myself thinking it was going to keep rising and flood the sh*t out of the house.

Spoke to the neighbour who I suspect has dementia and he was telling me how back in the Great Flood Of '83 or whenever, the creek burst its banks and flooded the whole f**king neighbourhood.

Just wondering if I can call and get flood insurance as I'm bailing the living room oot.

Maybe you should build a sand bank around the property then claim the costs of labour / sand on the insurance. Cheaper than having to build a new house.

article-1388660-0C25E69700000578-339_964x592.jpg

article-1388660-0C24806B00000578-130_964x433.jpg

Where do you live Ke1t?