Fergie's Best Xi

Granted there is a lot of hatred towards Utd, fair enough. But even the most ardent hater will agree there's been some great players in Fergie's tenure there? So who do you think are the best 11 players he's had the pleasure to work with?

My XI would be:

Schmeichel

Neville Bruce Vidic Irwin

Beckham Scholes Keane Giggs

Cantona Van Nistelrooy

Tough choice leaving Ronaldo out but i felt the midfield picked itself

Granted there is a lot of hatred towards Utd, fair enough. But even the most ardent hater will agree there's been some great players in Fergie's tenure there? So who do you think are the best 11 players he's had the pleasure to work with?

My XI would be:

Schmeichel

Cantona Van Nistelrooy

Jaap Stam instead of Vidic and I'd say that's just about right.

I dont think you can leave out Ferdinand.

Fergie has never had a centre back with such class at United. For me, he's been the best centre back in the world for years now. Just a shame we see less and less of him due to injuries these days.

Hughes and Cantona are a hard pairing to beat, and on an individual basis Hughes has surely got to rival Ruud. But those three and Rooney are the standouts for me.

And whilst the midfield is an exceptional balance of all qualities that are required, it's hard to leave out Bryan Robson. As a player he would probably edge out even Keane.

Also think van der Sar will be looked upon almost as fondly as Schmeichel is, and thats saying something.

I'd have Paul McGrath in, simply for the post match boozer.

I dont think you can leave out Ferdinand.

Fergie has never had a centre back with such class at United. For me, he's been the best centre back in the world for years now. Just a shame we see less and less of him due to injuries these days.

Hughes and Cantona are a hard pairing to beat, and on an individual basis Hughes has surely got to rival Ruud. But those three and Rooney are the standouts for me.

And whilst the midfield is an exceptional balance of all qualities that are required, it's hard to leave out Bryan Robson. As a player he would probably edge out even Keane.

Also think van der Sar will be looked upon almost as fondly as Schmeichel is, and thats saying something.

I'd have Paul McGrath in, simply for the post match boozer.

That midfield he started with yesterday wasn't too shabby either.

Giggs, Butt, Scholes and Beckham.

Jesus that's a midfield and a half. Giggs and Beckham yesterday were sublime. Swop Butt for Robson and that's it.

I agree with you regarding Ferdinand as well. Very clever defender and reads the game perfectly.

Cantona and Hughes up front.

For me its

Schmeichel

Neville Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Scholes Keane Giggs

van Nistlerooy Cantona

I'd say that van der Saar, Rooney, Beckham and Irwin would all be close to it as well. Despite choosing Ronaldo, I'd say that the midfield of Giggs, Scholes, Keane and Beckham is the best midfield four I've ever seen.

Why does no one include robbo? Nor whiteside, another one for the social club.

No mention of kanchelskis (short but great) although I wouldn't have him over DB or CR mysel

f.

I think Hargreaves could have been a great if his career continued like his first season

Why does no one include robbo? Nor whiteside, another one for the social club.

No mention of kanchelskis (short but great) although I wouldn't have him over DB or CR mysel

f.

I think Hargreaves could have been a great if his career continued like his first season

Captain Marvel was a great player and tbh if it wasn't for that midfield i picked he'd have been in it.

blojob,

from the bbc webiste here are their final teams:

Lawro's best Ferguson XI: Schmeichel; Irwin, Bruce, Pallister, Evra; Ronaldo, Keane, Scholes, Giggs; Cantona, Rooney.

Dixon's best Ferguson XI: Schmeichel; G Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Irwin; Ronaldo, Keane, Scholes, Giggs; Cantona, Rooney.

for me, its easy to go with the 99 midfield as a whole unit, but if your dropping beckham for ronaldo then i'd equally have robson in there for keane.

not sure what cantona and rooney would be like as a partnership, for me they are pretty similar. big game player like hughes probably unlucky to miss out.

My XI would be:

Schmeichel

Cantona Van Nistelrooy

Good as Beckham is no chance is he remotely the same class as Ronaldo, same goes for Cantona or Van Nistelrooy. Ronaldo's the best player Fergie has had at Man U by a mile - 54 goals this season at Real Madrid, as against 49 for Messi at Barca?

Also would never pick Irwin ahead of Evra, or Bruce ahead of Ferdinand.

Good as Beckham is no chance is he remotely the same class as Ronaldo, same goes for Cantona or Van Nistelrooy. Ronaldo's the best player Fergie has had at Man U by a mile - 54 goals this season at Real Madrid, as against 49 for Messi at Barca?

Also would never pick Irwin ahead of Evra, or Bruce ahead of Ferdinand.

as great as ronaldo ws there is a tendancy to overstate how good he was for united.

he had 1 truely exceptional season, two very good seasons and two frustrating years on the sidelines.

he also has let down united on a number of big occasions.

for me there were and are better more consitent players who have played under fergie.

as great as ronaldo ws there is a tendancy to overstate how good he was for united.

he had 1 truely exceptional season, two very good seasons and two frustrating years on the sidelines.

he also has let down united on a number of big occasions.

for me there were and are better more consitent players who have played under fergie.

He was inconsistent in his first couple of season at Utd as he was still a teenager - his last three seasons he won three titles, the European Cup (and a runner up) and scored 91 goals in 150 appearances. He also made over 40 appearances every season he played for Utd so hardly on the sidelines.

He was the the main man by a mile in Fergies most successful seasons at United (2006 - 2009) so how anybody could leave him out of a best 11 I don't know, prob cos he comes across as a bit of a c4nt.

Schmeichel

Neville Ferdinand Stam Evra

Ronaldo Scholes Keane Giggs

Van Nistlerooy Cantona

Can't really remember that much of Hughes, Bruce, Robson etc so haven't included them.

How about, versus

Van der sar

May Bruce Vidic Irwin

Beckham Robson Ince Kanchelskis

Rooney Hughes

I think it was world soccer that voted us team of the year in '83 but I can't find awny infow awnywhere.

fergie's best 11 is a tough one, beckham's a weird player, cannae dribble, cannae heid, slow, tackling's dodgy, one footed, but given time he's better than most. fergie could maybe have 3 v.good 1st. teams.

I think it was world soccer that voted us team of the year in '83 but I can't find awny infow awnywhere.

fergie's best 11 is a tough one, beckham's a weird player, cannae dribble, cannae heid, slow, tackling's dodgy, one footed, but given time he's better than most. fergie could maybe have 3 v.good 1st. teams.

Very true.