Weddings

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. I'm getting married a year from next month.

I'm looking forward to it.

The wife is looking forward to it.

Both families are looking forward to it (I hope).

Best decision I ever made, was proposing.

Missus is absolutely brilliant.

I hate hearing 'it's only a bit of paper'.

I can't wait. Roll on June next year.

Are you actually doing anything special or unique?

Is it just the same old, boring pish that everybody else is doing?

Are you on a waiting list for the venue of your 'dreams'?

I think they are sh*t and I'm female. Marriage fine but weddings no way. I usually always have a good time when I'm there and I've enjoyed being a bridesmaid 5 times, number 6 is coming up in a couple weeks. But the stress and hassle before hand is sh*t and the organising is really time consuming when you've a full time job. IMO it's just not worth the hassle or money. A mate of mine and her husband went abroad only themselves two. Brilliant idea and probably what I'd do.

I'm finding the opposite to be true.

Wait till tup comes along, he'll have something to say.

I assume you mean the whole big wedding, everyone along to see it type thing?

If so, I'd agree with you probably. If you think of the ridiculous cost and what much more worthwhile things you could do with that money instead...

I think they are sh*t and I'm female. Marriage fine but weddings no way. I usually always have a good time when I'm there and I've enjoyed being a bridesmaid 5 times, number 6 is coming up in a couple weeks. But the stress and hassle before hand is sh*t and the organising is really time consuming when you've a full time job. IMO it's just not worth the hassle or money. A mate of mine and her husband went abroad only themselves two. Brilliant idea and probably what I'd do.

You should really be supporting Hearts...

I'm getting married July next year and looking forward to it, obviously other than the fact I want to marry the missus but also hired a edwardian house up north for 3 nights and going to have all our family and friends staying there, should be a brilliant weekend

Pointless exercise, heap of sh*t, waste of time and money, and a head full of regrets immediately, the next day, when all your so called friends make a c**t of themselves on your tab.

Who benefits from such a circus of events?

Women - superficial sh*te, they want to look like a million bucks, half the time they look worse than they would if they'd just got out of bed, caked in f**king make up, so you canna go near them, precious hoors.

So the beneficiaries:

The cunting minister, lucrative.

The hotel, charge you through the nose for basic food.

The wedding car hire company, easy cash.

Wedding dress makers, sharks.

Skirt Kilt hire companies, were not born zipped up the back.

sh*t gift suppliers, for useless items which will gather dust until kingdom come, and which will, laughably since they've never been used, form part of the divorce settlement three or four years hence.

And of course, the wife, who gets it all for f**k all, and makes the man jump through every hoop possible, all just to stop her bitching, temporarily, and in a vain effort to get his Nat King Cole on at least a semi-regular basis.

Here's fit I'm on aboot

I have three weddings this year so far, hopefully that's it. But they are full day events because I'm very close to all 3. The expense is sh*t. The hen weekends and week (which tbh is the best bit), the outfits, the gifts, the 3 nights in a hotel, the drink on the day (my bottle of gin neatly stashed under my table softens the blow though).

I've been to an amazing wedding on the grounds of my friends home, they had a free bar, turned their lake into a boating pond, fairground attractions, unbelievable food, brass band, ceilidh band, absolutely everything. (Her husband did say it would have cost roughly the same if they had hired out a hotel for the day). And I've been to a wedding where I was bridesmaid in a register office, with 20 guests, bought my own dress and the reception was back at their house. It was an amazing day also.

Weddings don't have to have to be extravagant to be good. I think that idea is lost on 99% of women where I'm from.

Pointless exercise, heap of sh*t, waste of time and money, and a head full of regrets immediately, the next day, when all your so called friends make a c**t of themselves on your tab.

Who benefits from such a circus of events?

Women - superficial sh*te, they want to look like a million bucks, half the time they look worse than they would if they'd just got out of bed, caked in f**king make up, so you canna go near them, precious hoors.

So the beneficiaries:

The cunting minister, lucrative.

The hotel, charge you through the nose for basic food.

The wedding car hire company, easy cash.

Wedding dress makers, sharks.

Skirt Kilt hire companies, were not born zipped up the back.

sh*t gift suppliers, for useless items which will gather dust until kingdom come, and which will, laughably since they've never been used, form part of the divorce settlement three or four years hence.

And of course, the wife, who gets it all for f**k all, and makes the man jump through every hoop possible, all just to stop her bitching, temporarily, and in a vain effort to get his Nat King Cole on at least a semi-regular basis.

Here's fit I'm on aboot

thats why youre a divorcee

i have to say i like weddings.

when a mate gets married, you have a great night the night before.

then day of the wedding get boozy before the ceremony with champagne at breakfast and a few in the pub, then post-ceremony get tanked up during canapes and quaff bucketloads of wine during the meal. after that you can really let your hair down for evening bash.

seriously, what's not to like?