Overseas Work/rotations

GK55

Anyone work overseas or on rotation overseas!?

Been offered a job in Luanda, Angola, on an 11/2 rotation. I told them to come back with a 9/3 offer and i would take it. Have a feeling they are going to stick with 11/2 though.

Worked in Luanda for a while before but only for a few months.

If you do work on rotation overseas, what rotation do you do? Whats 'doable'?

Cheers for any help/advice in advance.

Anyone work overseas or on rotation overseas!?

Been offered a job in Luanda, Angola, on an 11/2 rotation. I told them to come back with a 9/3 offer and i would take it. Have a feeling they are going to stick with 11/2 though.

Worked in Luanda for a while before but only for a few months.

If you do work on rotation overseas, what rotation do you do? Whats 'doable'?

Cheers for any help/advice in advance.

fook me are you mintal.....11/2 i take thats months ffs. i work in Gabon on a 4/4 and thats just about doable

11wks on/2 off. Really not keen on that at all.

Moving into a Project Management role hence they want their PMs their most of the time. Definately pushing for 9/3

Luandas a hell hole and you travel on your home time soyou'll be home 12 or 13 days.......i take it you dont have a wife or kids

correct i dont - hence thinking of doing it whilst i dont.

Been to Luanda a few times - didnt really mind it that much to be honest with you. But youre right in what you are saying, it will turn into 12-13 days at home only.

Luandas a hell hole and you travel on your home time soyou'll be home 12 or 13 days.......i take it you dont have a wife or kids

It's a f**king expensive hell hole at that.

One of the dearest places I've ever been to and there is f**k all to it.

I'm off to Algeria next month on a 3 and 3. Happy days.

It's a f**king expensive hell hole at that.

One of the dearest places I've ever been to and there is f**k all to it.

I'm off to Algeria next month on a 3 and 3. Happy days.

one of the most expensive places to go for expats buff

Fit you doing in Algeria you going to Hassi??? watch oput for the camel spiders

I just spent 7 years working out of Angola, Up north in Cabinda. and to be honest an 11/2 rotation there is very tough (for me personally) most guys there are 28/28 or 35/35.

Biggest problem there, is getting in and out. Visas are a f**king nightmare to get hold of and trying to renew them is even worse. I know people there right now who are stranded (some have done 15-17 weeks) because the imigration folk are f**king useless and lose passports, forget where they have put them etc.

Malaria is rife there too so make sure you get malarone (dont believe the stories you here about it) I took it every other month for 7 years and I have no liver problems or sleeping problems

Hope this helps mate

one of the most expensive places to go for expats buff

Fit you doing in Algeria you going to Hassi??? watch oput for the camel spiders

Away to work for B* (Name hidden to protect identity) Think it's Inemas I'll be based but not 100% yet.

Taking the jump from my comfort zone after 6 years with my current employers. Huge jump in wages as well so all's well.

I'm afraid sir those happy times are over as things step up a notch, just did a 4 weeker and i'm away on Monday for another one. Tallinn of all places. We'd outstayed our welcome in Oslo anyway, ended up Kongsmashing some Asian twat(Paki c**t if this was written 20 years ago) in the Scotsman Bar and had the coppers after us legging it down Karl Johans Gate. It was a bizarre evening, we were sort of blameless.....kind of.....sort of!!

Just found out prior to the vessel going to Angola for up to 10 years we've picked up a cheeky contract in Nigera, lucky f**king us!

Smashing some asian twat, hmmm sounds good, oh no wait I see what you mean.

Nigeria is nice this time of year i believe.

You better be home for 21st of july then cocker

Smashing some asian twat, hmmm sounds good, oh no wait I see what you mean.

Nigeria is nice this time of year i believe.

You better be home for 21st of july then cocker

It's nice all year round. :itch-chin:

Did you stay in Cabinda camp BullSheep? I heard a lot got punted out because Chevron wanted less people there. I know a few of our guys were staying in Cabinda town now. I was there a couple of summers ago for a trip. Couldn't get back in for 6 months due to visa problems and got transferred elsewhere.

Did you stay in Cabinda camp BullSheep? I heard a lot got punted out because Chevron wanted less people there. I know a few of our guys were staying in Cabinda town now. I was there a couple of summers ago for a trip. Couldn't get back in for 6 months due to visa problems and got transferred elsewhere.

Stayed in Cabinda camp (Malongo) for 4 years then switched companies and they already had a staffhouse in Cabinda town. Visa's are still a nightmare guys are doing 15/16 weeks waiting to get home.

Chevron have basically thrown everyone out of Malongo now (or are trying to) so things around there will be changing drastically over the next few years.

I have been transferred out of there thankfully now in Saudi so far so good

I just spent 7 years working out of Angola, Up north in Cabinda. and to be honest an 11/2 rotation there is very tough (for me personally) most guys there are 28/28 or 35/35.

Biggest problem there, is getting in and out. Visas are a f**king nightmare to get hold of and trying to renew them is even worse. I know people there right now who are stranded (some have done 15-17 weeks) because the imigration folk are f**king useless and lose passports, forget where they have put them etc.

Malaria is rife there too so make sure you get malarone (dont believe the stories you here about it) I took it every other month for 7 years and I have no liver problems or sleeping problems

Hope this helps mate

message sent a 04:47........ :itch-chin:

Chevron are trying to get all of the contractors out of the Malongo camp and staying in Cabinda, eventually with the contractors having their workshops, etc out of the camp as well to try and encourage prosperity in Cabinda.

Chevron are trying to get all of the contractors out of the Malongo camp and staying in Cabinda, eventually with the contractors having their workshops, etc out of the camp as well to try and encourage prosperity in Cabinda.

We`re being told that anyone not already out the camp is staying in Malongo now. Hear your coming back down this way are you redmist? Luanda is it?

The scheisters!

Here was me thinking they were there solely to loot and pillage these people's natural resources.

Silly me!

They have only been doing that on the surface of it, scratch below that surface and it transpires they are there to encourage prosperity in the region!

Hats off to Chevron, this proves big business is not all about the $.

They certainly had me fooled as to their intentions, good on them!

11/2 seems to be the rotation a lot of the service comps are looking for folk to work now in West Africa, that or resident.

If you're single its alright but it means finding a new steady wench is also problematic unless you go down the local route.

Angola is hoorin expensive as well compared to the likes of Nigeria...

Doubt they'll change the rotation for you unless their client wants you and agrees. Ken fit like, unless its an operator then no matter what you're working to their rules.

Oh what I'd do to be in some of your positions, work wise that is, would love to work overseas on some silly rotation, my dad was in Angola for a month (May) and was home a week and now he's off to Tunisia for another month, in a camp for a couple of days which has a pool and that, then on a rig for 10 days after that back to the camp until needed again on the rig, sounds ace.

Folk only brag about the good bits, plenty sh*te comes with the territory aswell.

Spent 2 years plus in India on rotation, folk shitting in the street, killing animals by the road and stringing them up on hooks(that didna bother me that much to be honest). Nae fanny whatsoever to crack on to.

Then offshore we had six man cabins, bedbugs, Indian men would reuse their punts for days on end and just hang them on their bunk to air before next shift. Ended up f**king hating them by the end of it!

You got to smash up the staff house, along with one of my colleagues.

That sounded fun.

Folk only brag about the good bits, plenty sh*te comes with the territory aswell.

Spent 2 years plus in India on rotation, folk shitting in the street, killing animals by the road and stringing them up on hooks(that didna bother me that much to be honest). Nae fanny whatsoever to crack on to.

Then offshore we had six man cabins, bedbugs, Indian men would reuse their punts for days on end and just hang them on their bunk to air before next shift. Ended up f**king hating them by the end of it!

Yeah, he wasn't bragging, he's been working offshore for over 35 years now, I know how good and bad it can be. That what you described at the bottom is just wrong though, disgusting.

True. Like gamblers never telling their losses a good offshore man will always tell you the good bits.

He'll not mention the lady boys and tramps he's bummed.

Well Cheesepipes will, I've more dignity.