Dhl Query

Just wonder whether you can collect something from the DHL depot in Altens on Saturday's?

My parcel has been scanned in at the depot but hasn't been dispatched for delivery yet, on experience it can sit there for days, and wasn't sure if you can collect?

Obviously I will phone in the morning but don't want to get up early if someone knows you cant.

Cheers

Just wonder whether you can collect something from the DHL depot in Altens on Saturday's?

My parcel has been scanned in at the depot but hasn't been dispatched for delivery yet, on experience it can sit there for days, and wasn't sure if you can collect?

Obviously I will phone in the morning but don't want to get up early if someone knows you cant.

Cheers

Units A&B

Hareness Circle

Altens Industrial Estate

ABERDEEN

AB12

Mon-Fri 08:30-17:15

Sat-Sun Closed

Holidays Closed

Text book answer...........THREAD CLOSED.

Technically incorrect.

He's nae answered your question.

I know for instance that DHL have their premises cleaned on Saturday mornings so you might be able to chance your hand and pop round. If you sweet talk your way into the building by chatting up the head cleaner you might be able to get your package.

You can pick it up, it'll just take a lot of work.

These companies are invariably c**ts, and if you phone up, they will do their utmost to ensure sheer frustration, and non-delivery, and will batter their heads against a brick wall with re-deliveries even though you've telt them you won't be in Mon-Fri at all during the day.

The best way round this constant farce is to ask them for the mobile number of the gadgie who does your area. Butter him up a wee bit, get to know him, give him praise, and give him a few cans of lager at Christmas time, and before you know it a coach and horses is driven through the rulebook and the guy will literally take your parcels anywhere you want, at any time.

Always best to be nice.

Dhl are c**ts.

Last year eh renewed meh passport. Being a british citizen living overseas, eh sent meh old passport and mugshots to Germany (!) as instructed.

Dhl had a con going wi the British embassy and were tasked wi sending meh passport tae me at a ludicrous charge tae meh good self.

3 months later, nae f**kin passport. Dhl had received meh passport in Bergen and decided no tae bother delivering it. The embassy telt me tae swivel and dhl made it clear they couldnae care less. It took me going to their depot and exchanging choice words afore eh got it.