Beef Olives

Bluto10

any one had them before?

never had them before untill my trip to malta the other day.

never even seen them before, are they old 1970s grub that is now unfashionable.

affa affa fine. if they were made with kobe beef they would possibly be the finest dish known to man.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yep.

but unlike you i have cottoned on to teh fact that other countries eat different and ofter tastier food that your usual scottish fayre.

Aye, but if you go to any traditional Scottish restaurant, traditional grub serving pub or any butcher in the country, you will surely have seen beef olives before...

Aye, but if you go to any traditional Scottish restaurant, traditional grub serving pub or any butcher in the country, you will surely have seen beef olives before...

actually just quickly googling it and it appears that they may been of italian origin.

hence why its seen in malta. which in turn would explain why we see it in britian.

with regional variations, of course.

:itch-chin:

actually just quickly googling it and it appears that they may been of italian origin.

That's olives you clown, the minging green things they fire in front of you in pizza hut, and make oil from, sick creations, vile is not the word.

Beef olives are different, beef and square sausage, I'm sure the I-Ties have never heard of square sausage.

That's olives you clown, the minging green things they fire in front of you in pizza hut, and make oil from, sick creations, vile is not the word.

Beef olives are different, beef and square sausage, I'm sure the I-Ties have never heard of square sausage.

aye, sorry my mistake. itialians dinna have meat, beef or meatballs in their diet.

aye, sorry my mistake. itialians dinna have meat, beef or meatballs in their diet.

Well they certainly don't mince up the worst cuts of beef, full of fat & gristle, cut it with a packet of lurid pink powder, known as 'flavouring', and then make it into a square to disguise the general vileness of whatever meat is present in the fatty mixture.

So, as I said, they have never heard of square sausage, a main constituent of butcher sold beef olives in Scotland.

Well they certainly don't mince up the worst cuts of beef, full of fat & gristle, cut it with a packet of lurid pink powder, known as 'flavouring', and then make it into a square to disguise the general vileness of whatever meat is present in the fatty mixture.

So, as I said, they have never heard of square sausage, a main constituent of butcher sold beef olives in Scotland.

aye. so as i said, regional variations.

how ironic.

tup the braveheart eats foreign food and loves it.

get with it it tuppy.

beef olives as you know them are a variation on greasey dago food.

No, the beef olives I eat are as Scottish as they come.

Local beef, cows that I've driven past, scoffed, simple.

No spicks are involved in this process, as you are laughably trying to claim.

I'd be looking under the beef olives to make sure if there were.

I used to participate in the beef olive craze of the early 90"s when my mum thought it was posh to serve them up....loved them at the time and were a treat in the 15pound butcher pak....or was in 20?....

but must admit I prefer a nice beef wellington, or just a simple steak with some creamy mash and maybe some honey roased carrots these days.

Beef Olives with sausge meat inside? What the f**k is that?! Skirlie wrappped in beef is what a Beef Olive is.

That's a beef olive, your skirlie pish is the variation in my book.

I would class that as a mealy puddin, encased in beef rather than skin.

No, the beef olives I eat are as Scottish as they come.

Local beef, cows that I've driven past, scoffed, simple.

No spicks are involved in this process, as you are laughably trying to claim.

I'd be looking under the beef olives to make sure if there were.

what bit dont you understand that they are a variation on an italian recipe?

a scot didnt invent them

ergo you are eating foreign rubbish.

what bit dont you understand that they are a variation on an italian recipe?

a scot didnt invent them

ergo you are eating foreign rubbish.

What 'Italian recipe' is beef cut from the side of a Scottish cow a variation of exactly?

Did the Italians invent cows? That's a theological issue. Who knows?

So, I'm afraid you're talking out of a hole in your arse, again.

That's a beef olive, your skirlie pish is the variation in my book.

I would class that as a mealy puddin, encased in beef rather than skin.

Quote;

"A cheaper, quicker and lazier way to do these is to use sausagemeat for the "stuffing". otherwise the recipe is basically the same"

I thought you didn't like lazy people tup.:itch-chin:

My way is the traditional Scottish way.;)