Northern Lights Festival

• 3 weeks later...

what's the stort with this, a few folk have told me it's cancelled but nothing about that on their web-site and ticketmaster still selling tickets.

Don't think its been cancelled. My mum e-mailed them on Friday to book VIP tickets and the guy e-mailed her the details of how to get them today. So if it was cancelled I'm sure she would have been told. However I am told tickets are not selling well at all, so wouldn't be surprised if it did get cancelled

Don't think its been cancelled. My mum e-mailed them on Friday to book VIP tickets and the guy e-mailed her the details of how to get them today. So if it was cancelled I'm sure she would have been told. However I am told tickets are not selling well at all, so wouldn't be surprised if it did get cancelled

They are asking folk to shell out 55 quid for the Saturday without telling them who headline act is going to be. I thought about going for Madness on the Sunday but no interest in any of the other acts that day so 55 quid to see Madness alone on an hour set is a no no.

They are asking folk to shell out 55 quid for the Saturday without telling them who headline act is going to be. I thought about going for Madness on the Sunday but no interest in any of the other acts that day so 55 quid to see Madness alone on an hour set is a no no.

That was my thinking as well. I haven't decided if I am going or not, but looking more like not. I like a few of the bands Madness, Maximo Park, The Waterboys, but its too expensive and line up not even confirmed yet. Its looking more and more like a disaster.

If they had announced who the saturday headliner was going to be and had said earlier that it was in danger of being cancelled due to poor ticket sales, then there might if been more sales. Plus a lot of folk would of been waiting until after titp before buying.

Yup - seems to me that the "mystery guest" whoever he was either doesn't exist, or has pulled out.

Second summer in a row here has been a cancelled festival at Seaton Park, some folk never learn...

Yup - seems to me that the "mystery guest" whoever he was either doesn't exist, or has pulled out.

Second summer in a row here has been a cancelled festival at Seaton Park, some folk never learn...

Heard a rumour that the Saturday headline act was gonna be Ian Brown, I guess we'll never know now.

Event cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

From what i've heard it's not down to poor ticket sales, more like ticketmaster releasing the ticket revenue after the event, meaning money had to be found for the acts now. If true, sounds like Mike Myres was invloved

Haha - i know someone who was just the other day boasting they had won weekend passes on Northsound for the festival. Just text them asking if looking for their money back!!

a Ian Brown was approached to play the Saturday night but his services don't come cheap. If they had managed to get an agreement with him then ticket sales would have ben far better.

That said, it comes as no surprise that this has been canceled. Promotional stuff has been lacking, location wasn't great, no camping and to me they have tried too much too soon.

• 6 months later...

The fact that there was no headliner announced so the saturday

Correct. If you're going to pull something like that off you need a band, like Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, Snow Patrol etc, that would fill the AECC . The line up was actually decent (Idlewild, Twilight Sad, X-Certs) but they werent going to help sell tickets on a grand scale.