Moving Hoose

Moving hoose.....simple enough? shouldn't be a problem I thought.

Dreams.... the bed people turn up with one bed base instead of two complete beds, the missing stuff is god knows where, they don't even know!

BT.....Gave them plenty of notice, they now tell me the phone, broadband etc will be delayed till the 15th.

Scottish Power......give them my final readings for the old place, my reading is hugely less than the last actual meter reading according to them!

Have a Polish dude coming round later tonight to quote me for laminate laying, decorating etc, I bet he turns up on the dot.

Our Country has lost the way somewhat imo.

Moving hoose.....simple enough? shouldn't be a problem I thought.

Dreams.... the bed people turn up with one bed base instead of two complete beds, the missing stuff is god knows where, they don't even know!

BT.....Gave them plenty of notice, they now tell me the phone, broadband etc will be delayed till the 15th.

Scottish Power......give them my final readings for the old place, my reading is hugely less than the last actual meter reading according to them!

Have a Polish dude coming round later tonight to quote me for laminate laying, decorating etc, I bet he turns up on the dot.

Our Country has lost the way somewhat imo.

went through similar when moving house. BT said it would be all up and running within a week of moving hoose. Took 3 weeks for the phone to come on and 8 weeks for Broadband.

We moved hoose about a year ago. The van showed up wi two local Norwegians and a Polish boy. The Norwegians took breaks every 2 hours, plus sitting in their van for an hour tae eat lunch, all the while the Polish boy was unpacking things, putting Ikea type furniture together etc etc. Ye could see the Norwegians didnae like him showing them up :nono:

We've since had a Polish boy dae up two bogs and a laundry room. On time, on cost.

We've also had Lithuanians build a deck, even showing up at 7am on a Sunday morning coz we asked them.

Western European workers are lazy f**ks.

Norwegians are THE laziest f**kers I've ever had the displeasure of working with. Everything is a problem with the nyaffs.

max allowed to work 10 hours a day, max 60 hours a week without having 35 hours off straight. Doing a rig upgrade is an utter ballache in Nog. we brought in a stack of romanians - they are top dollar.

Norwegians are THE laziest f**kers I've ever had the displeasure of working with. Everything is a problem with the nyaffs.

max allowed to work 10 hours a day, max 60 hours a week without having 35 hours off straight. Doing a rig upgrade is an utter ballache in Nog. we brought in a stack of romanians - they are top dollar.

Aye, unfortunately it is a result of living in a country that is rich as f**k, and where it is almost impossible to lose yer joab. There are no consequences for lazyness here.

But, it can also be a cultural thing. Norwegians dinnae respect authority at all. There is no such thing as a boss saying "do this, do that", abody gets on wi things, albeit slowly, and a boss being direct and giving out orders is completely counterproductive.

yeah I got a bollocking the other week for telling three of them to get the f**k off my job. Apparently there's some pash routine about discussing their failings and coaching them to improve. f**k that, they are paid a fortune to do a f**king job. Not to be coached how to do the job. If you can't do it, get your sorry ass off my project.

this working time authorities are a bunch of erse too. Apply to get permission to work more than 37.5 hours a week, with names of anyone who will be working here, and then have the authorities visit you and interview your staff, what a waste of f**king time - the boys want to graft and earn cash, not sit in a chuffing hotel for 35 hours once a week.

As the heid romanian boy said to me yesterday, "I thought we were working in Norway - this place is No Way."

Communist country this!

yeah I got a bollocking the other week for telling three of them to get the f**k off my job. Apparently there's some pash routine about discussing their failings and coaching them to improve. f**k that, they are paid a fortune to do a f**king job. Not to be coached how to do the job. If you can't do it, get your sorry ass off my project.

Completely agree wi ye, but can also see why ye've had run-ins wi them ;)

The thing that gets meh goat the maist is the amount of fowk on the sick here, especially in the public sector. Mrs Byen used tae work at the main hospital here and 35-40% of the staff were on some sort of sicknote at any one time.

Western European workers are lazy f**ks.

And there speaks the voice of authority.

Who can deny this obvious pearl of wisdom? Coming as it does from a man who sits on the internet all day, every day, doing the square root of f**k all.

He kens what he's talking about.

True, you restrict yer generalisations tae the English.

Hardly.

Read the Scottish shitholes thread and you will see my generalisation tentacles spread far and wide.

BTW all Norwegians are close-eyed, helmet headed creeps who would think nothing of eating their own children if the mood took them, sinister, dull, tight fisted bunch of c**ts that they are.

Hardly.

Read the Scottish shitholes thread and you will see my generalisation tentacles spread far and wide.

BTW all Norwegians are close-eyed, helmet headed creeps who would think nothing of eating their own children if the mood took them, sinister, dull, tight fisted bunch of c**ts that they are.

Yer jist jealous my sweeping generalisation was much more sweeping than the kind you usually come up wi.

I do. I also apologise profusely for my spelling error. How I will get through the rest of this mild and overcast day in Norway with this regret hanging over me I do not yet know.

Norway!

That explains why you're such a dull b*stard.

It's not you, it's the country making you like that, a bit like Billy's Boots, you're probably brand new!

I had you all wrong Seb min.