Sfa Vote In Favour Of Change

Alan Macrae voted in. Eberdeen man. Alken. Was our neighbour 30+ years ago. First place I ever had a nip from an optic was in his hoose at new year aged 14.

that was about the most interesting news in the article.

played fitba with his loon and he seems to be more of a football man rather than a 'suit' which is good.

Let's take a look at these 'changes' they're talking about...

The main changes include the reduction of the SFA board from 11 officials to seven, including an independent member.

Big whoop. And I assume the 'Independent member' will be a mate they can vote onto the board to join them on official jollies. Certainly no-one with a mind of their own, or the ability to implement change, that I can guarantee.

The SFA say the board will become more strategic than representative and focus on "corporate strategy and top-line decision-making".

I understand the individual words, but assembled in that order they mean absolutely nothing. "TOP line decision making?" Seriously.... why not just say "We'll be doing stuff totally awesome!" has about the same degree of substance.

Two new boards will be created under the main board - one for the professional game and another for the non-professional game.

In a small nation that already has too many official bodies their plan is to create TWO MORE levels of incompetence.

That's fantastic... that's the kind of obstructive, divisive, unnecessary 'change' that we need. Rather than reduce and rationalise red tape, they plan to almost double it. And in a typical 'Jobs for the boys', looking-after-number-one move, I can assume that the four guys who are losing their jobs on the SFA board will be reassigned to senior positions on the TWO new boards. Meaning all the bad habits, corruption and funny handshaking from the SFA board will immediately be bedded into the TWO new boards.

Shoot me now.

The much-maligned disciplinary procedures will be rewritten and a compliance officer will quickly decide whether cases will be heard by the new semi-autonomous judicial panel.

So we'll see OF players properly disciplined in future, rather than delaying any action until the heat is off, then giving those players a laughable slap on the wrist?

No, we won't.

The numerous SFA committees - such as the disciplinary, general purposes and emergency panels - have been immediately disbanded but an audit committee will be formed to ensure the efficient running of the organisation.

So these 'numerous' committees are being 'disbanded', yet immediately we have two new official boards and one new official committee formed... no guarantees that numerous other committees won't be formed on top of the three new boards/committees that are officially created.

The articles of association will also be rewritten and the second vice-presidency will disappear in four years' time, to be replaced by a second independent board member.

So, absolutely no change then, except instead of being called 'Mr Second Vice-President' he's another one of their funny-handshaking mates who doesn't get to wear as important an apron or roll his trouser leg up quite as far....

Big change, that.

So looking at these 'changes' what we're essentially getting is more red tape, more people on the payroll, a further bedding in of the 'Jobs-For-The-Boys' culture, increased confusion regarding who's ultimately responsible when the sh*t hits the fan, and a reduction in the accountability for the fat pricks who have helped destroy the game in Scotland.

Change you can count on.

I guess it is a step in the right direction but I had to idea there were 93 members of the SFA....given there are only a few teams that are ever going to achieve anything in our game that is amazing. Goes to show how much dross and crap there is in our game.

I agree 93 is possibly a lot but there are more than just teams that are "going to achieve anything" to think about.

SFA goes from to grass to roots top flight & this takes in a wide & varied scope so they have to be 'represented' in all levels & areas to be well enough informed.

Otherwise they'd only worry about the "ones that may achieve something" & forget the rest.

I agree 93 is possibly a lot but there are more than just teams that are "going to achieve anything" to think about.

SFA goes from to grass to roots top flight & this takes in a wide & varied scope so they have to be 'represented' in all levels & areas to be well enough informed.

Otherwise they'd only worry about the "ones that may achieve something" & forget the rest.

Yep, that's what the SPL is supposed to be for anyway

The 'rest' aren't worth bothering about. We are too small a country to have the likes of Brechin and East Fife having a say in how the game is ran. If there are people in those clubs who can contribute then fine...but if they can't then good riddance. As for the amateur game : well many of them are in stronger financial positions than many SFL (or SPL teams) and their concerns have nothing to do with the professional game (hence the word amateur in their title) so again they don't matter to the SPL clubs and they are of no consequence.

Outside Celtic, Rangers, Dundee U, Hibs, hearts and us there are no teams that ever have the prospect of achieving anything sustained in Scotland or anything like a dynasty. Its a sad reality and I wish it weren't so but that is reality.......the sooner we can just let all these diddy teams break away and do their own thing the better.

The 'rest' aren't worth bothering about. We are too small a country to have the likes of Brechin and East Fife having a say in how the game is ran. If there are people in those clubs who can contribute then fine...but if they can't then good riddance. As for the amateur game : well many of them are in stronger financial positions than many SFL (or SPL teams) and their concerns have nothing to do with the professional game (hence the word amateur in their title) so again they don't matter to the SPL clubs and they are of no consequence.

Outside Celtic, Rangers, Dundee U, Hibs, hearts and us there are no teams that ever have the prospect of achieving anything sustained in Scotland or anything like a dynasty. Its a sad reality and I wish it weren't so but that is reality.......the sooner we can just let all these diddy teams break away and do their own thing the better.

You have picked a bad example there considering Brechin's former chairman (David Will) was high up in FIFA until his death a couple of years ago and, by all accounts, made an excellent contribution to football generally during his time there. And then consider that Celtic's chairman thinks all referees should be made to declare when they are Rangers fans.

Of course, all that could mean that Mr Will was only any good at being corrupt, but I'm sure that wasn't the case.

You have picked a bad example there considering Brechin's former chairman (David Will) was high up in FIFA until his death a couple of years ago and, by all accounts, made an excellent contribution to football generally during his time there. And then consider that Celtic's chairman thinks all referees should be made to declare when they are Rangers fans.

Of course, all that could mean that Mr Will was only any good at being corrupt, but I'm sure that wasn't the case.

Well I did say "if they have something to contribute then let them contribute"....

My general point is though that there is too much dross in Scottish football and I don't want these diddy teams influencing anything Aberdeen does.....

To be honest, reading some of your comments, I'd say many of you are passing judgement on a establishment for which 99% of us are not aware what the heck goes into running it.

I'm all for these changes. They were commissioned by an independent person who has nothing to gain from self promotion and everything to gain from seeing Scottish football improve. Streamlining the SFA seems to be the way forward here.

I'll give it the chance that it deserves. I think most in the game realise that the 'blazer' gang needed to be changed and I think this is a positive step in the right direction. I'm also confident that Alex Salmond is a true believer in developing our national game, and won't sleep until he sees improvement.

Alan Macrae voted in. Eberdeen man. Alken. Was our neighbour 30+ years ago. First place I ever had a nip from an optic was in his hoose at new year aged 14.

Was also responsible for my first "do you know who I am" moment when he pushed in front of me whilst I was waiting to be served a drink at a wedding, and I told him he was a prick. Nae sure what he's like now, but I'd imagine he still is.

Hope you enjoyed your Aadvocaat though.

Well I did say "if they have something to contribute then let them contribute"....

My general point is though that there is too much dross in Scottish football and I don't want these diddy teams influencing anything Aberdeen does.....

So basically just the same attitude that the Old Firm have to all of us then yes?

So let's just leave to them to decide everything as that's all that matters

Good one.

To be honest, reading some of your comments, I'd say many of you are passing judgement on a establishment for which 99% of us are not aware what the heck goes into running it.

Who cares what goes into running Scottish Football? Scottish football is a closed shop shambles.... so, whatever goes into running it, those supposed to be running it are doing a piss-poor job.

I've no idea what goes into building and operating a nuclear power plant, but I don't need to be an expert to know someone at Chernobyl f**ked up.

If running Scottish Football is too hard for them, as clearly it is, then they need to be told to f**k off. I don't want excuses. I don't care about excuses.

Was also responsible for my first "do you know who I am" moment when he pushed in front of me whilst I was waiting to be served a drink at a wedding, and I told him he was a prick. Nae sure what he's like now, but I'd imagine he still is.

Hope you enjoyed your Aadvocaat though.

Also know the fine Mr MacRae, and would also class him well into the prick territory.

BONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good evening! And welcome to the BBC News at Ten.

Let's go right away to our own John Simpson reporting, undercover and in fear of his life, in deepest prick territory.

Reporter - 'John 'How are things there right now?'

Simpson - 'Very volatile, obviously, and also quite annoying to be frank'

Reporter, amid crackles on a failing line - 'John, quickly, is there anything more you can tell us as the UK public are obviously very concerned and require reassurance?'

Simpson, just as the line dies 'I've just spotted Alan Macrae..........................'

Reporter: 'I'm sorry we appear to have lost John there, and we apologise for the graphic nature of the live report. Our concerns lie with John Simpson, having come face to face with such a prick, and we can only pray for his safe return'.

Thank you and goodnight, ladies and gentlemen.

D

Sounds like lip service from the SFA, they need to get rid of the old firm bum boys, if they don't then it's unlikely anything will change to a degree were we'll really notice it.

I think back to when Levein was going to take his UTD players off the pitch at Ibrox, that game said a lot to most of us non old firm fans in terms of bias and potential corruption of match officials. Then there was the game between Killie & Rangers a few years ago, when Killie clearly lay down and got hammered, some of the player mistakes were so blatantly obvious it was embarrassing. Add to that the amount of times Weir got away with driving his studs into our young players both home & away. Nothing was done about any of it and then there's the years of sectarian singing that Celtic & Rangers get away with, as well as flying non Scottish flags ect.

You can't get rid of corruption if all you are going to do is reshuffle the pack. This is one of the reasons our league is dying on it's arse and become nothing more than one ground-hog season after another.

Who cares what goes into running Scottish Football? Scottish football is a closed shop shambles.... so, whatever goes into running it, those supposed to be running it are doing a piss-poor job.

I've no idea what goes into building and operating a nuclear power plant, but I don't need to be an expert to know someone at Chernobyl f**ked up.

If running Scottish Football is too hard for them, as clearly it is, then they need to be told to f**k off. I don't want excuses. I don't care about excuses.

It's not about identifying where the problems have arisen from, it's about identifying what we need to move forward. any eejit could see the problems that caused Chernobyl (or Piper Alpha for that matter). But it's about writing a new set or criteria and regulations, that will move us into the next chapter.

As I said, why not give it a chance.

It's not about identifying where the problems have arisen from, it's about identifying what we need to move forward. any eejit could see the problems that caused Chernobyl (or Piper Alpha for that matter). But it's about writing a new set or criteria and regulations, that will move us into the next chapter.

As I said, why not give it a chance.

And any eejit can see that for the last couple of decades AT LEAST, and probably longer, the people running the game in Scotland have no interest in a successful Scottish League, certainly not at the expense of Old Firm dominance.

Now, given Scottish Football has been run in this fashion for at least a couple of decades, and probably longer, and has now reached the point where the clubs are all bankrupt, there's no competition, facilities are a joke and there's little to no talent coming through because people are losing interest in the game... given all this... why would you expect those running Scottish Football to suddenly have any idea, or desire, to fix Scottish football.

If someone is sh*t at their job for decades there's little chance of them getting any better by this point.

Certainly give them yet another chance... but I think you'll find any 'changes' they wish to implement will be for no-one's benefit but themselves and the Old Firm.

If you think the authorities in Scotland can, or will, genuinely attempt to fix Scottish Football then good on you. I personally think anyone who believes that is naive in the extreme, but each to their own.

The old firms greed hinders them from making any significant progress in Europe, especially now. They've drained all the other clubs of their decent players then benched them before selling them on, lowering the overall standard, add to that they have to cut back on wages and we're left with a poor league run by the old firm & it's supporters. Their short sightedness is destroying our game as well as spineless board members at the SFA.

It's unlikely these changes will make any difference to our game, we now have amateurish ref's demanding more cash than they are worth and going on strikes if they don't get their way while delivering one poor show after another, all the issues on bigotry & sectarianism, we'll still have the old firm winning all the cups and getting all the major decisions in their favour on and off the field. We'll see even less cash being spent on players thus lowering the SPL product even further, so how can the SFA possibly change this?

No wonder many people see the old firm as the cancer in Scottish football, poor & possibly corrupt refereeing has a lot to answer for as well.

So basically just the same attitude that the Old Firm have to all of us then yes?

So let's just leave to them to decide everything as that's all that matters

Good one.

Yup. Just cos thats the alleged policy of the OF doesnt make it wrong. Being an Aberdeen fan doesnt mean you have to oppose everything the filthy sisters do and say.

making the SPL closed shop to teams would be the stupidest Idea ever.

I'm not proposing officially making the SPL a closed shop. However, in practice that is exactly what it is. There just aren't enough teams capable of making any progress or capable of positively contributing to the SPHell. That isn't being unfair to those teams....its just reality. If you accept that then you should accept that those teams shouldn't affect or have a say in anything that Scotland big clubs do (rangers, celtic, aberdeen, hibs, hearts and maybe utd in particular). I fail to see what Arbroath or Montrose or Alloa have contributed to Scottish football in the last 50 years or so.....its time for them to split of and enjoy their amateur status and let the big teams get on with managing their own affairs.