Stand Out Performances By Afc Players

Just been discussing with a mate best performances of Aberdeen players in a single game.

The two that immediately stick out as the two best performances I have witnessed are the following.

Roberto Bisconti at home to Hertha Berlin

I remember going with a few mates who aren't huge football fans and said keep your eye out for our number 7. by the end of the game they were amazed that someone as good could play for Aberdeen. He was everywhere that day crunching tackles a plenty and ran the show. Probably the single best performance I have seen from a man in red.

Russell Anderson at home to Celtic (Gravesen Debut)

That tackle is the main highlight, but Ando that day was unreal. How he wasn't Scotlands 1st choice centre half that season I will never know (actually I do know, he didn't play for either of the OF).

Theo Snelders - Cup Final v Rangers (game in which Paul Mason scored the winner)

Some unbelievable saves in that game - kept us in it - my favourite is from a Mo Johnston header which he tips over the bar with a great reaction save.

Snelders was an absolute steal at

How can you argue against it? This is a thread about stand out performances, one of games...he was immense that day, in fact he was immense in both Dnipro games.

Or it might just be another fishing trip... :fishing:

I stopped reading when someone mentioned jamie langfield.............................

I thought i made myself perfectly clear.

I seen jamie langfailds name and stopped reading the thread, its a waste of time.

Darren Mackie was the only stand out in that game, the rest was just blind luck.

Just been discussing with a mate best performances of Aberdeen players in a single game.

The two that immediately stick out as the two best performances I have witnessed are the following.

I remember going with a few mates who aren't huge football fans and said keep your eye out for our number 7. by the end of the game they were amazed that someone as good could play for Aberdeen. He was everywhere that day crunching tackles a plenty and ran the show. Probably the single best performance I have seen from a man in red.

That tackle is the main highlight, but Ando that day was unreal. How he wasn't Scotlands 1st choice centre half that season I will never know (actually I do know, he didn't play for either of the OF).

Yeah they seem to stand out for me too, there was one challenge that Bisco put in near the middle of the park and i think the whole stadium felt it. Solid but fair too.

I stopped reading when someone mentioned jamie langfield.............................

I thought i made myself perfectly clear.

I seen jamie langfailds name and stopped reading the thread, its a waste of time.

Darren Mackie was the only stand out in that game, the rest was just blind luck.

Your going to need a bigger boat with all this fishing Stoney!

Either that or you've just no f**king idea about football at all....in either case, i've done talking to you :wave:

The single stand-out performance by an AFC player of all time was Hewitt in the SC Final v Hearts in 1986.

Missed the first goal getting in to the ground, but probably my most enjoyable trip to the old Hampden. Most subsequent visits spent in a drink/drug fuelled haze. Hewitt was different class. Old Walter Kidd. f**king twat eh

Nigel Pepper versus Dundee United, April 1999 (sent off after less than a minute after coming on as a sub).

Jim Leighton versus Rangers, May 2000 (out cold and off injured with a fractured jaw after less than 2 minutes).

Jackie McNamara versus QotS, April 2008 (completely anonymous first half, off up the tunnel early in the second half never to be seen again).

Zander Diamond versus Celtic, November 2010 (totally owned for the entire duration of the match in which we lost by a record scoreline).

I remember round about that time there was a Setanta panel show and Scotland were short on centre backs. Everyone on the panel said they'd play the recentlybroken through McManus and Caldwell (I think) as the first choice centre pairing. I laughed my ass off.

Wasn't too long before it actually happened, unfortunately.