Penalty Miss

The game is to be replayed.

UPDATE: Dro filed an appeal over this goal and won on the basis that, during a shootout, a ball that hits the bar and lands back onto the pitch is to be ruled dead. So the match will be replayed and Angeli will probably be much more attentive if it goes to penalties again.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/blogs/what-is-buzzing/why-goalkeepers-shouldn-t-too-quick-celebrate-154312202.html

:dontknow:

Always wondered what the actual rules are for when the ball is dead in a shootout. So if the ball hits the bar or post and comes back out, that's it dead yeah? Can't come off one of them and bounce back in off the keeper or spin back in. It's only in very rare instances that this will ever be an issue but must admit I don't have a clue about it

• 2 weeks later...

Always wondered what the actual rules are for when the ball is dead in a shootout. So if the ball hits the bar or post and comes back out, that's it dead yeah? Can't come off one of them and bounce back in off the keeper or spin back in. It's only in very rare instances that this will ever be an issue but must admit I don't have a clue about it

This has happened before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nhvqIjgQ04

4 mins in

From what I understand

The ball is still active as long as it isn't out of play, i.e over the goal line, or in the net.

If the ball just rolls out, then its technically a miss, but because the ball was still active when it hit the keeper, the penalty counts.

I had to explain the rules in a game at under 15 level to a ref who was going to allow a penalty to count in my teams game when the penalty taker hit the bar and ran in and smashed the rebound, ref didn't know that we should have had a free kick as the taker can't hit the ball twice. That was a sh*te ref as well, didn't believe me that you couldn't be offside from a goal kick. Shows the standards in this country.