Born After 1985?

Will be interesting to hear some of the responses! Surely must be Russell Anderson? I fall just outside of that age bracket, so I remember most of Jess's second period - and even his much deminished ability outshone anyone else I've seen in a Dons shirt.

It sums up just how bad we've been when some are mentioning Hicham Zerouali! A player who rarely turned-up!

Throw in Stavrum too as i'm feeling generous.

He used to get a helluva lot of abuse on the message boards back in the day! Many perceived him as lazy and got annoyed at the number of times he was caught offside. However, fair play to the guy, when he had a chance, more often than not he'd take it!

1. Jess

2. Anderson

3. Windass

My first season was 1994/95. By this point Theo was a loony and Shearer was coming to the tail end.

Jess more or less kept the team in the top division by himself. I remember an absolute screamer of a goal against the Huns (not the beauty at Ibrox) from outside the box at the RDS end (I think we drew 1-1). Amazing.

Without meaning to be pedantic but all of the players mentioned in this thread so far were born BEFORE 1985 :laughing:

Thought we were after players were born AFTER 1985 :dontknow:

Thought it was fairly obvious he meant supporters born after 1985.

Don't know why though.

1. Jess

2. Anderson

3. Windass

My first season was 1994/95. By this point Theo was a loony and Shearer was coming to the tail end.

Jess more or less kept the team in the top division by himself. I remember an absolute screamer of a goal against the Huns (not the beauty at Ibrox) from outside the box at the RDS end (I think we drew 1-1). Amazing.

....... is the correct answer.

He used to get a helluva lot of abuse on the message boards back in the day! Many perceived him as lazy and got annoyed at the number of times he was caught offside. However, fair play to the guy, when he had a chance, more often than not he'd take it!

aye

I used to sit behind a guy in the dickie who had a 10 Offside shirt as a homage to Stavrum.

Felt sorry for Stavrum with the abuse he took, the main reason he was offside more times than not was due to the incompetence of Darren Young, Fergus Tiernan etc failing to spot his runs and releasing the ball five minutes too late!

As someone said previous, Shearer was coming to the end of his time in my early days but he was certainly a favourite of mine alongside the likes of Deano, Dodds and Bisconti to an extent with the type of player he was.

In terms of ability Jess and Anderson stand out.

Eoin Jess! He is and always will be my favourite Aberdeen player of all time. I remember vaguely seeing McLeish, Miller, and Snelders in 1989 onwards, but I was so young. Jess was the reason I went to Pittodrie. I used to say to my Dad 'can we go to the Aberdeen match to see Jess play?'. I can't imagine there has been a player since that people would say that about.

Eoin Jess! He is and always will be my favourite Aberdeen player of all time. I remember vaguely seeing McLeish, Miller, and Snelders in 1989 onwards, but I was so young. Jess was the reason I went to Pittodrie. I used to say to my Dad 'can we go to the Aberdeen match to see Jess play?'. I can't imagine there has been a player since that people would say that about.

Aye, I wonder which Aberdeen player the kids want to be in the playground these days. I remember getting in to scuffles at school 'cause I wanted to be Hewitt or Miller but someone had already "bugzied" one of them.

The club is dying for a hero