Backache

Scooby

Had a sore back for ages now, think it might be sciatica ot something similar. Anyone any recommendations on someone I can go to ?

I had a similar problem a few weeks back,pain starting from my right buttock creeping across the middle of my back.i went to a physio through works med insurance and i got a few stretching exercises to try and relieve it before they could do any hands on work.it seems to work but lately the pain in my right buttock is back again but isnt affecting the back this time,its usually just when i get up and loosens up within a half hour but appears again at bedtime,going to give it another week before i see into it again,if you have works med insurance try going through that you usually get up to 10 sessions free which is spot on as these sessions can cost at least

I've done some serious damage to my back over the years, a mixture of bending over a DJ set up for up to 8 hours at a time while assisting in the feeding of families in Columbia has been the main culprit. I then gave it a good smashing last year while boarding in Austria which finished it all off nicely. I have 3 crushed discs, 1 slipped and until a couple of months ago the nerve at the bottom of my spine was trapped as well.

I've got a chiropractor to sort a lot of it out, that and gym exercises. The chiropractor has done the most good and given the quickest relief from the numbness down my leg and pins and needles in my foot, most of that has gone now. She also does some deep tissue massage at the same time which also helps sort it out but that is light relief and doesnt last too long. The gym work is meant to strengthen the muscles around the base of my spine to give it as much support as possible where the discs have been crushed or slipped. I had a proper bone breaker in Holland, old school pneumatic table and hanging upside-down in traction for 20 minutes at a time and he did OK but the wifey down the bottom on Holburn Street is magic and if you're lucky enough to get the other one she's also affa hot... Its usually covered in your BUPA.

If this doesnt work for me then it operation time next year to remove all the wee bits of shrapnel thats floating about in there. That one though is a 50/50 op, could make it a lot better and it could end up making it worse. The pain is more than liveable now and only gets bad after a night on the tiles followed by a restless sleep so I doubt I'll lie there while someone pokes about at my spine any time soon but if it ever got to where it was around this time last year I'd do it in a flash.

Nowt worse than back pain

Abdul at brooks and carter clinic in bridge of don.

I have been to many physios, chiropractors, etc etc

He's an oesteppath and the only one that's really helped me.

it's decent value as you also get a massage so the appointment

lasts 40-45 mins, I went to guy on burns road and was in and out in 15mins.

I had a sore back on and off for years especially after football, mainly down to an excessively long throw in. Was eventually diagnosed with a lumbar curve. Believe it or not, after many visits to chiropractor etc it was actually a boy sticking his knee into it that cured it. Get only slight pain nowadays but think that's probably down to standing too long watching football and bad posture

Acupuncture or a swedish massage. An ice bath?

Oh FFS :tup:

I recommend manning the f**k up and, in time honoured men's tradition, completely ignoring it, until such time as it gets so critical you are rushed to hospital in an ambulance, forcing a resolution on you and meaning the properly trained hospital staff deal with it swiftly and accurately diagnose it.

If you go to the doctor you'll go round in circles till kingdom come.

Pain is merely a psychological hurdle. Just jump over it.

I haven`t got time nor the energy to type out the fiasco that is my spine ~ but it`s looking very like the third operation in 5 years is looming

the main thing I`d say is go and get the advice from an expert, not off the net ~ don`t self diagnose

when they give you a physio/rehab program to do, then do it ~ don`t f*** about on the days you can`t really be arsed, make sure you do it

sciatica wouldn`t normally be the cause of back pain itself in my experience ~ it impacts giving nerve pain down your leg, not your lumbares

anyway, get good advice and do what they suggest else you too might have more screws than discs in your back

I recommend manning the f**k up and, in time honoured men's tradition, completely ignoring it, until such time as it gets so critical you are rushed to hospital in an ambulance, forcing a resolution on you and meaning the properly trained hospital staff deal with it swiftly and accurately diagnose it.

real men carry on until they are doubled over like a man 3 times their age and are reduced to a wheelchair for any walk beyond a few metres

;o) only way to deal with such things and have a clear conscience

I suspect you are all on incapacity benefit and/or sick leave from work. :nono:

dear boy, I hope you are never f**ked with a sh*te back, even more so I hope you are never self employed and have that problem where literally every day you do not work you do not buy food for your kids

although, maybe if that did happen to you then you wouldn`t be typing such bawbag comments

`oh, it was a joke`?? silly me, good een

Ach as Harcus says most backachers are layin it on thick, thicker than ever now that the sicknote culture is being tackled, and it can be hard to separate the wheat from the chaff, too many of you have cried wolf too often, so I say we tar all folk with this unproveable pain with the same brush and give them f**k all, it's usually because they've done something stupid when they're blazin that has landed them in the sh*t so I say they should start taking some personal responsibility for their own actions instead of begging for handouts non-stop.

yoursobstory128497474780428307.jpg

sob story? Ha

if you think it`s a sob story it says a lot more about yourself

Ach as Harcus says most backachers are layin it on thick, thicker than ever now that the sicknote culture is being tackled, and it can be hard to separate the wheat from the chaff, too many of you have cried wolf too often, so I say we tar all folk with this unproveable pain with the same brush and give them f**k all, it's usually because they've done something stupid when they're blazin that has landed them in the sh*t so I say they should start taking some personal responsibility for their own actions instead of begging for handouts non-stop.

aye, very good

SnoopyAdkareds is female tup.

Getting her to man up would be weird.

SnoopyAdkareds is female tup.

Getting her to man up would be weird.

Sorry, I never knew that.

She's probably just looking for a bit of sympathy, cups of tea, bit of help with the housework, by the end of the week she'll be brand new again, just having a bad week by the sounds of it.

since my car crash in january ive been getting a killing pain in my lower back after about 30 mins of footie

im only now being seen by the physios in hamilton accies ground and its working wonders already

they put me into this big machine thing that fires hot water at my whole body as a kind of massage - it feels incredible

Terrible back pains after 30 minutes of football yet you lift larger than your average man can manage weights constantly to destruction in the diet and fitness thread.

Very droll indeed. :itch-chin:

Terrible back pains after 30 minutes of football yet you lift larger than your average man can manage weights constantly to destruction in the diet and fitness thread.

Very droll indeed. :itch-chin:

He's got one story for the broo, and another for the lads in the pub, crossover is inevitable at some point, typical weegie, running off at the mooth, tripping himself up, left, right and centre, oblivious to it all through the inebriating effects of strong drink.

And of course tablets fae the doctor, who gets a third fabricated story, which is again a pile of sh*t.

The truth is buried under a complex layer of deceit, and only the wiliest of coyotes can see through it, which I can, a mile away.