Where We Are

barassie_afc

Most of us are getting pay cuts ( v inflation) low interest rates, cuts, no lending.......... for me the worst has yet to come, as the major cuts havent impacted yet, I feel in 18-24 months a lot of us maybe in the shitter , or feeling the effects of the shitter............. interesting times ahead ........discuss

Folk have had it far too easy for far too long, resulting in massive over consumption, and saturation in materialism.

A wee bit of hardship is character building. The country needs it to take folk's heads out the clouds to be honest.

Dinna bother speaking or trying to get along with people is the motto, just buy heaps of things, that will make you happy.

Nonsense of course.

Be interesting tae see whit effect the Greek bankruptcy will have on the rest of the EU as well as the impending US problems.

Eh travel back and forward tae London regularly these days and am shocked at the difference in the economy atween here and there. We have been very lucky, the credit crunch was a one quarter blip in the accounts here.

Be interesting tae see whit effect the Greek bankruptcy will have on the rest of the EU as well as the impending US problems.

Eh travel back and forward tae London regularly these days and am shocked at the difference in the economy atween here and there. We have been very lucky, the credit crunch was a one quarter blip in the accounts here.

Same here there has been absolutely no recession (or GFC as it's often referred to here) out here. Perth is absolutely booming... heaps of jobs, so many that they can't fill them. Everyone seems to have tonnes of disposable cash.

Hugh, you should pack your laddie off to Oz - I'd wager after about an afternoon of searching, he'd have himself fixed up with an apprenticeship.

Same here there has been absolutely no recession (or GFC as it's often referred to here) out here. Perth is absolutely booming... heaps of jobs, so many that they can't fill them. Everyone seems to have tonnes of disposable cash.

Hugh, you should pack your laddie off to Oz - I'd wager after about an afternoon of searching, he'd have himself fixed up with an apprenticeship.

I can see myself living in the US (more job ops for me there or NZ/OZ in next 5 years) had a enough of UK plc

The UK may be grim but rest assured the US will be 100 times worse.

If I was walking about all the time armed with a gun no doubt I'd end up shooting some c**t sooner or later, totally inevitable.

Having said that barassie here is in a different boat, I'd move to downtown Baghdad for a more peaceful lifestyle if I'd been brought up in the Glasgow area.

The UK may be grim but rest assured the US will be 100 times worse.

If I was walking about all the time armed with a gun no doubt I'd end up shooting some c**t sooner or later, totally inevitable.

Having said that barassie here is in a different boat, I'd move to downtown Baghdad for a more peaceful lifestyle if I'd been brought up in the Glasgow area.

Indeed Tup i cannae move for needles and sh*te in the street

Indeed Tup i cannae move for needles and sh*te in the street

On a more serious note I would not live in the US for all the tea in China. Abhorrent culture.

There's a lot to be said for being down to earth.

The Yanks are the complete opposite, and their overbearing zeal makes me want to puke.

I dinna think I'd fit in there at all.

On a more serious note I would not live in the US for all the tea in China. Abhorrent culture.

There's a lot to be said for being down to earth.

The Yanks are the complete opposite, and their overbearing zeal makes me want to puke.

I dinna think I'd fit in there at all.

i will find a nice spot in NY and double my salary but its not a done deal

i will find a nice spot in NY and double my salary but its not a done deal

You'll also double your cost of living will you not? Add into that the medicare insurance etc and you would need to look to see if you really were going to be better off than you are here. That is of course would be if you were just moving for the money.

You'll also double your cost of living will you not? Add into that the medicare insurance etc and you would need to look to see if you really were going to be better off than you are here. That is of course would be if you were just moving for the money.

My partner has a cio job in the pipeline i will effectively become a house husband.......lol

We are on a 2 year freeze and I missed out on the first round of 200 redundancies last year and await this years! wasnt intersted 14 gs last time but if its after October this year ill be onto 25gs then there will be a Nespa cartoon shape on the door with me skipping down the street out of here!

I sent an enquiry to an agency type place in Oz explained I was soon qualified but they seemed to be looking for experience would this be a problem whilst looking for Jobs got an email back basically saying they would take anyone atm send my CV over and he'd get in touch.

I sent an enquiry to an agency type place in Oz explained I was soon qualified but they seemed to be looking for experience would this be a problem whilst looking for Jobs got an email back basically saying they would take anyone atm send my CV over and he'd get in touch.

What do you do? If you are a "tradey" then you'll have no problem. In fact, in perth the tradesmen are the kings! The amount of money roofers, builders, bricklayers etc, etc, make is incredible. There is so much work that they can't find enough people to fill these positions!

Unless you've applied for a specific job and they're sorting you out with a visa. Best thing to do is get a 6 month working holiday visa, buy a one-way plane ticket and start looking for work when you arrive. If you're serious you'll probably be sorted out with a job within days.