Insurance Claim

boboisared

Recently had an accident with my laptop where my nephew spilled quite a lot of diluted orange juice on to it. I'm told the motherboard will be completely fried as the machine initially powers on before turning itself off well before you get to the password entry. This happens while it's connected to the charger also.

We've made a claim on the home insurance through Bank of Scotland and they're taking it away to have a look and see if they can repair it. I doubt they'll bother when they see how f**ked it is.

We've paid the excess but here's the part I'm stuck with. They will replace it if it can't be fixed but I'm unsure if this will be done with them supplying me with the new laptop or if they give me the cash in which I have to source one myself. I'm hoping for the latter as I can't find my one online at all for sale and looking at aria.co.uk I can get a faster one for cheaper anyway.

Has anyone had experience with making a claim for this type of thing and in what way you were reimbursed?

Cheers.

Recently had an accident with my laptop where my nephew spilled quite a lot of diluted orange juice on to it. I'm told the motherboard will be completely fried as the machine initially powers on before turning itself off well before you get to the password entry. This happens while it's connected to the charger also.

We've made a claim on the home insurance through Bank of Scotland and they're taking it away to have a look and see if they can repair it. I doubt they'll bother when they see how f**ked it is.

We've paid the excess but here's the part I'm stuck with. They will replace it if it can't be fixed but I'm unsure if this will be done with them supplying me with the new laptop or if they give me the cash in which I have to source one myself. I'm hoping for the latter as I can't find my one online at all for sale and looking at aria.co.uk I can get a faster one for cheaper anyway.

Has anyone had experience with making a claim for this type of thing and in what way you were reimbursed?

Cheers.

I think it depends on the age and type of laptop, you could have paid

Just depends on what is needing replaced and what deals that particular company has with companies to replace items. May try give you different make with same spec aswell if it saves them a few quid dealing with one of their preferred companies.

Just depends on what is needing replaced and what deals that particular company has with companies to replace items. May try give you different make with same spec aswell if it saves them a few quid dealing with one of their preferred companies.

Just so I know where I stand I don't need to accept that offer do I?