Jerel Ifil Released By Bristol Rovers

Very poor footballer, what McGhee saw in this guy beggars belief.

We were all singing sign 22 down at Hull, he was immense that day. McGhee saw what we saw. Turns out that was a complete one off performance though!

Yeah, I remember reading updates and comments on this page about "22" about how good he was etc etc

Ifil had a decent first half season alongside Considine. I thought they were both very capable at centre half and they were part of a defence that went about 5 games without conceding around September/October time in McGhee's first season.

However, when Diamond returned and Considine was ruled out for the rest of the season, Ifil was quickly found out and I think that was the start of Diamond's real demise. Both of them were absolutely terrible together and that continued into season just past with Considine at left back as well. Not only did the centre halfs at full back lead to a defensive disaster, but continuing with Ifil and Diamond at centre half was part of the reason we were in so much trouble.

Good luck to Ifil, hope he finds another club. Not nice to see players looking for work, especially former Dons.

Mini you've got to stop the :fishing: . Where did Kelt say he "hated" the guy? It was just an observation, tbh i find it quite funny, but maybe that's just me.

I'm not fishing and I never said that kelt said he hated Jerel but what is the point in this thread? Just more digs at the guy, he's gone, get over it.

• 1 month later...

Ifil had a decent first half season alongside Considine. I thought they were both very capable at centre half and they were part of a defence that went about 5 games without conceding around September/October time in McGhee's first season.

However, when Diamond returned and Considine was ruled out for the rest of the season, Ifil was quickly found out and I think that was the start of Diamond's real demise.

Exactly.

It appears Considine (who was in excellent form, playing in his correct position) carried him for that first half of the season.

When he was ruled out and Ifil had to partner that utter ball bag of a mhinky tim, lanky streak of piss, plug couponed, toss pot, there was nae hiding place.

Found his level. Must be a bit heartbreaking for the boy, since coming to Aberdeen his career has nose dived! Still, he was pish. No idea how he managed to get upto Swindon level in the first place!!

Might be a bit early to judge (remember Ifil being lauded after his trial versus Hull) but does anyone else see not a massive difference in ability/attributes between Jerel and new signing Mawene? I guess only time will tell but I wouldn't be surprised if Considine and McArdle were to form the best centre-back pairing.

Might be a bit early to judge (remember Ifil being lauded after his trial versus Hull) but does anyone else see not a massive difference in ability/attributes between Jerel and new signing Mawene? I guess only time will tell but I wouldn't be surprised if Considine and McArdle were to form the best centre-back pairing.

Worst post I've read in a while. Must be fishing.