Andre Villas-Boas To Chelsea

Porto coach Andre Villas-Boas is to join Chelsea following the sacking of Carlo Ancelotti in May.

The 33-year-old Portuguese, who has worked with ex-Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, guided Porto to the Europa League title last season.

The Portuguese club also clinched a domestic double, winning the league and the league cup.

Guus Hiddink has also been linked with a return to Chelsea, where he won the FA Cup as a caretaker manager in 2009.

Neither Chelsea nor Porto have made an official statement about the future of Villas-Boas.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13841169.stm

He has built up quite a reputation at Porto over the past year or so. It'll also be interesting to see how the Chelsea players react to him considering he isn't much older then many of the players currently there.

I admire the way they go about their business in Portugal, young managers, hungry, innovative, and forward thinking.

In Scotland you would be considered far too young to manage at 32.

All the top jobs in Scotland, Celtic (and now Rangers I suppose) excepted, seem to be taken by old stagers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13841169.stm

He has built up quite a reputation at Porto over the past year or so. It'll also be interesting to see how the Chelsea players react to him considering he isn't much older then many of the players currently there.

Already been at Chelsea in a coaching capacity under Mourinho so I'd suspect that the majority of the senior players will have a good working relationship with him.

I admire the way they go about their business in Portugal, young managers, hungry, innovative, and forward thinking.

In Scotland you would be considered far too young to manage at 32.

All the top jobs in Scotland, Celtic (and now Rangers I suppose) excepted, seem to be taken by old stagers.

Hey Tup, where are all these signings you promised us?!

Hey Tup, where are all these signings you promised us?!

Things take time. Contracts take time. Patience min. I dinna need to be asked the same question every day.

Don't be surprised if AFC are holding off to save a few weeks wages :laughing:

Like buses, we'll get three at once.

Forgot about that. Wasn't he the guy who scouted the opposition and wrote those dossiers on them?

I believe so. He lived in the same flats as Bobby Robson who gave him his first job, aged 16, after they had tactical discussions together. He was employed in the "observation department" to analyse the way the opposition played.

I also think he was the one on the phone to Mourinho during a Chelsea champions league game, despite Mourinho's ban. May be mistaken there though.