Union Bridge

Tommy

Yeah, poor guy.

Hopefully its just a cry for help before they do it infront of a heap of people in the middle of town. I know its not really in their thoughts but heres hoping.

Alot of people have thrown themselves off having said that, it barely gets reported now. Surely they could put nets or something up? :dontknow:

Saw a policewoman attempting to talk a lad out of jumping.

I gave up coz i had an appointment.

Traffic chaos and heaps of folk watching.

I wonder if many will be disappointed if he doesn't jump.

A real shame when it gets so bad you feel the need to do that.

Traffic will be really bad, since I assume they will have closed off across the bridge, underneath it and Bridge Street is already closed.

As for the potential jumper, hmm, mixed feelings on that one. You want to do it because you have given up all hope, you do it elsewhere, somewhere quieter, less of a scene. So this will be a cry for help or some attention seeking.

Cry for attention. If someone so f**ked up they are going to end it then they would just go and end it. Someone who does this in public is just crying for attention and isn't really wanting to do it in first place.

To be fair a fair few folk have jumped off that bridge, most do go straight over right enough including one guy i seem to remember from my youth who hung himself from the theatre bridge

Anyone ken anyone fa's done it?

Think a fair few have survived.

Losers canna even top themsel.

Think there was a guy from BOD that fell rather than jumped, larking about on a night out but canna really mind exactly. Scott Simpson or something similar, was in a bad way for a long time, maybe still?

They should fill in the gardens. That would stop them.

I don't know why, but that just made me pish ma'sel'

Think there was a guy from BOD that fell rather than jumped, larking about on a night out but canna really mind exactly. Scott Simpson or something similar, was in a bad way for a long time, maybe still?

Was he no the pair we loon that was murdered by the beast Leask?

a family friend of mine drove hgv's delivering building blocks, one day he was driving over the friarton bridge at perth and some selfish b*stard felt the need to kill himself under his lorry, walked out and looked staraight in george's eyes, no way he could stop boy went under the lorry, didnt die instantly but a few days later in hospital!!

if your gonna top yerself get a bottle of vodka and some pills and do it on yer own!!!

same goes for muppets who jump out in front of train, known plenty of that happening since i started working for the railway, drivers go through hell afterwards!!!

a family friend of mine drove hgv's delivering building blocks, one day he was driving over the friarton bridge at perth and some selfish b*stard felt the need to kill himself under his lorry, walked out and looked staraight in george's eyes, no way he could stop boy went under the lorry, didnt die instantly but a few days later in hospital!!

if your gonna top yerself get a bottle of vodka and some pills and do it on yer own!!!

same goes for muppets who jump out in front of train, known plenty of that happening since i started working for the railway, drivers go through hell afterwards!!!

Suicide is a coward's way out, but to be "assisted" by some innocent driver of whatever is indescribably selfish.

• Like 1

Suicide is a coward's way out, but to be "assisted" by some innocent driver of whatever is indescribably selfish.

Definitely, total cowardice. Having said that, I once knew a ginger boy who topped himself, which is partially understandable.

If I were the driver, I'd be flooring it, for maximum impact, few photos of what's left, upload to Rotten.com, straight down the pub to tell every c**t.

No way I'd be going through hell, I'd be dining out on it for weeks on end, total stranger, minced, who cares?

It's a lonely place to be thinking you want out. Cowardly as f**k, but the things that go through your head you cannot explain.

Being cowardly is the last thing on your mind, believe me. It's very lonely and dark place, and I wouldn't wish it to happen to anyone, not even my worst enemy.

have you killed yersel before like?