Your Misconceptions

time to own up to the misconceptions you held for countless years or as a child one of mine i remember is when hearing about drug "side effects" i thought it meant they would make the sides of your body sre or affect them in some ghastly way.

my missus has ownd up to a cracker she thought up until 18 months ago that Freddie Starr was Bobby Davros dad!

time to own up to the misconceptions you held for countless years or as a child one of mine i remember is when hearing about drug "side effects" i thought it meant they would make the sides of your body sre or affect them in some ghastly way.

my missus has ownd up to a cracker she thought up until 18 months ago that Freddie Starr was Bobby Davros dad!

Freddie Starr is Bobby Davro's dad.

I only recently realised that you can keep chickens and get eggs without having to buy a cockerel.

All the goodness of eggs without the 5am cocka doodle doo.

I used to think that your stomach was the whole bottom half of your body, from your chest down to your abdomin and that it filled up slowly with food over the course of your life and that when it filled to the top it died.

I used to imagine how full up people's stomach's were depending on how old they were. Children obviously had hardly any food in theirs, but old people's were nearly full.

I used to think that your stomach was the whole bottom half of your body, from your chest down to your abdomin and that it filled up slowly with food over the course of your life and that when it filled to the top it died.

I used to imagine how full up people's stomach's were depending on how old they were. Children obviously had hardly any food in theirs, but old people's were nearly full.

That's just daft.

i used to think that nothing could hurt me, that I was immune to any kind of serious injury or accident.

Then I put my car through a tree, on through a garden wall, and into some auld dear's garden, destroying my car and nigh on killing myself in the process.

So it turns out I AM invincible.

Oh, that's not really a misconception though, is it, that's more confirmation of my own indestructibility.

Misconceptions you say... eeeeeeehmmmm.......

I used to think that Aberdeen was always going to be a force in Scottish football, and that league and cup wins were just a routine thing. I used to laugh at clubs like Morton and Partick Thistle, with their struggling to stave off relegation every season nonsense....

Eh once got it on wi a lovely wee burd who loved it all ways. It wis jist a wee fling but suddenly eh got a call fae her a few weeks later (aye, eh gave her meh real number :( ) saying she suspected she had a bun in the oven. This wasnae good news for a young stud about town like mehself.

Thankfully it was a false alarm, a missed conception.

As a nipper I once heard on the news that Guerillas had attacked a bus in Africa somewhere, I thought it was Gorilla's and did for a long time, in the seventies Guerrillas were in the news always up to something so I had this vision of Gorilla's bombing road blocks and hijacking planes etc...

This was the same age that Planet of the Apes was a regular on telly!

As a young lad being dragged around town by my mum while she did her weekly shopping, we'd often walk past the entrance to the local Salvation Army. Every time my fertile young imagination would light up at the thought of a big army assault course out behind the building and loads of soldiers running around firing weapons and blowing things up. It was some years later before the truth dawned one day... :poster_oops: