• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would his contract run until September?

No idea, presumably he signed a 2 yr contract (on 31st Aug 2009 or whenever he signed) and not a deal till 30th June 2011 like most would.

Means he could play/be part of squad till 6 games in or so then leave and be picked up as a free agent? But then there's the compensation issue to throw in too.

Brown was in the paper last week saying his contract has now expired and he is officialy a free agent. The contract on offer is still on the table until such time as we replace him

In that case ignore what I said above - dunno where I got that idea from. Did think it was a wierd situation but did happen with Riordan when he went to Celtic, meant they had to pay a niminal fee to release him in the summer.

glad to see the back of this greetin faced, thieving waster. always an excuse from him for playing s*ite. he played well in about 3 games last season. no loss at all imo as he was probibly on a decent wage aswell. i will not miss his sulking face, it reminds me of the bedshed shop window as his gob is like a set o bunk beds.

In that case ignore what I said above - dunno where I got that idea from. Did think it was a wierd situation but did happen with Riordan when he went to Celtic, meant they had to pay a niminal fee to release him in the summer.

Did you mean "minimal" or "nominal"?

In the context, either works fine - I'm just intruiged....

I would like to still see him go, even if he has not got another club come the end of the transfer window...Why should we wait just to see if he gets a better offer or not...Would not like to see him sign back up as his heart is not with Aberdeen at all or he would have signed a new contract from the offset...

i think in order to get any compensation we need to keep an offer on the table for him?

I personally dont want him back here next year, and if he does return, he will have his work cut out in turning the fans around. However if we need to keep a contract on the table in order to get money for him, then so be it.

Did you mean "minimal" or "nominal"?

In the context, either works fine - I'm just intruiged....

Nominal was what I meant.

Are we entitled to much though, I would say Birmingham would expect a good chunk of his development fee?

No harm in holding out but the longer this lasts the less time we have to get a replacement in

Nominal was what I meant.

Are we entitled to much though, I would say Birmingham would expect a good chunk of his development fee?

No harm in holding out but the longer this lasts the less time we have to get a replacement in

I would feel that we're entitled to mre than Brum.

We've done more for Sone than they have. We've given him the platform to showcase his.....erm 'talents'.

I'd like to know what the buggers intentons are.

Pretty sure they have a 40%er in there Stoney.....

Did a bit of googling on him and it appears he was sent home to the UK two weeks ago following an injury

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/Football/5720533-147/story.csp

So whats he up to? is he in Hazlehead park with Zande and Derek?

The 40% is a percentage of any future transfer fee.

Any money we get for Sone would be a compensation payment, not a transfer fee and would therefore mean Brum get sweet FA

obviously he has got to be realising that no club down south wants him (well maybe in the leagues he wants to play in). he should man the f**k up and get on with the job and start enjoying his football rather than sulking like a manic depressive. He should have a good look at his sister! Was getting pelters from England fans at missing sh*t loads of chances against new zealand and then against Japan shows some lovely skill to prove her doubters wrong.

Can I just say... f**k that kid.

I don't care if he's very slightly more skillful than your average Aberdeen substandard journeyman.

He hasn't suggested that he's interested in returning to the club, so that in itself should prohibit him ever showing his face at Pittodrie again, except in the capacity of a paying punter.

f**king tired of the club and support chasing after this kind of c**t like little f**king puppy dogs.

Wonder when he will have to come back to training?!?!

What is the actual deal if nobody wants him and he dont want to sign the new deal we have offerered?!?

Does his previous contract just keep rolling until we cancel it?!?

If we do that do we forfit compo money?!?