Your New Cooncil Leader

barassie_afc

Exactly what the city needs is young blood at helm. Codgers have been holding Aberdeen City in the 80s since the 80s and are so out of touch with reality it is unreal.

Despite being an SNP man, I was a bit wtf at this news.

However, you are probably right here, this city has been disgracefully held back by old buffers with no vision or drive whatsoever. This may still nae be a good thing, but it canna be any worse than what has gone before.

Exactly what the city needs is young blood at helm. Codgers have been holding Aberdeen City in the 80s since the 80s and are so out of touch with reality it is unreal.

Aye the city does need young blood but young in coonciler terms is 40 nae 12

The problem these days with politicians in general is that all they've ever done is politics. The go to uni, study politics, get a job as a researcher for a politician or councillor, move up within their party and finally get a seat on a council or parliament. No life experience, no idea of what is happening in the real world around them, sheltered from life, sheltered from other peoples lives, no business acumen, no common sense and all that leaves us with no real hope for the future.

I'm nae happy this already run down to f**k city is now in the hands of a kid who has no idea of business, no idea of living outside his wee political bubble and will have no idea how to relate to over 75% of the local population.

The problem these days with politicians in general is that all they've ever done is politics. The go to uni, study politics, get a job as a researcher for a politician or councillor, move up within their party and finally get a seat on a council or parliament. No life experience, no idea of what is happening in the real world around them, sheltered from life, sheltered from other peoples lives, no business acumen, no common sense and all that leaves us with no real hope for the future.

I'm nae happy this already run down to f**k city is now in the hands of a kid who has no idea of business, no idea of living outside his wee political bubble and will have no idea how to relate to over 75% of the local population.

Could just have stuck with status quo and not done something bit different in bid to try drag about out of dark ages? Can this be any worse?

Agree with that. It's always easy to spot the folk who help people to further their (political) careers, rather than the ones who get into politics to help people. Always wary of anyone who consciously makes a decision to become a politician at a young age because they think it sounds like fun, rather than because they have experienced problems that they think could be resolved - Just call yourself a bullshitter and be done with it.

On the other hand, I know nothing about this guy, so good luck to him.

Could just have stuck with status quo and not done something bit different in bid to try drag about out of dark ages? Can this be any worse?

I personally think it could be a lot worse. He'll have no respect from the local business community who will also try to steamroll and bully him into making rash decisions for starters. I've already seen one today rubbing his hands with glee.

No denying ACC needs serious changing K-9 and a lot of it can be blamed on ourselves for continuing to vote for this rabble of sh*te that allegedly represent us both in the city and to the MSP's who then take that to the exec.