Is That Three Signings Now?

1.Gonzales. Loan goalkeeper... hasn't played a competitive match in three years. Loan, so zero resale.

2. Mawene. Defender. Released by a Second Division Greek side, previously freed by a Third Division English side. Zero room for development or resale.

3. Clark. Part of the Plymouth team that got relegated to the English Fourth Division, then released. A known quantity... can run a bit, not much of a footballer. Zero room for development or resale.

I see the Gavin Rae rumours have surfaced again, a truly unremarkable player who's approaching his mid-thirties, so zero room for development or resale, should that pan out.

So far it seems to me that we're building a team capable of challenging for nothing... not cups, not Europe, not the league. Nothing.

i think next season is more about bettering our leaugue position from last season! so far i think what weve taken in and the sh*t weve flushed out that is reachable then we can start building a team that can challenge for silverware!

i dunno what sort of signings people are expecting..................... not many top quality players are goin to want to come to a team that are only still in the spl coz there were teams that were somehow worse than we were last season!

as it stands just now were nothing but spl relegation survivors!! lets focus on losing that tag first!!!

i think next season is more about bettering our leaugue position from last season! so far i think what weve taken in and the sh*t weve flushed out that is reachable then we can start building a team that can challenge for silverware!

i dunno what sort of signings people are expecting..................... not many top quality players are goin to want to come to a team that are only still in the spl coz there were teams that were somehow worse than we were last season!

as it stands just now were nothing but spl relegation survivors!! lets focus on losing that tag first!!!

People want immediate action, and that simply isn't going to happen. We need experience, and thats what we have bought and more importantly can afford. What is going to make the difference between 7th/8th and 3rd/4th is going to be youngsters such as Fyvie, Jack and Pawlett coming of age.

Let's just go and sign Puyol, Messi and Rooney...

That's a negative spin on the signings...could see this as:

Mawene: experienced central defender which we have been severly lacking. Twice player of the year for clubs at Championship level, does have actual pedigree.

Gonzalez: international goalkeeper, had been on loan and played in the Championship last season.

Clark: experienced player able to play in a number of positions, which given our injuries last season could well be an important asset. Also proven as decent, if not exciting top 6 SPL player.

The increase in collective experience in the squad will help with the progression of youngsters, who, if talented enough, will have potential resale value.

Mawene: experienced central defender which we have been severly lacking. Twice player of the year for clubs at Championship level, does have actual pedigree.

Gonzalez: international goalkeeper, had been on loan and played in the Championship last season.

Clark: experienced player able to play in a number of positions, which given our injuries last season could well be an important asset. Also proven as decent, if not exciting top 6 SPL player.

The increase in collective experience in the squad will help with the progression of youngsters, who, if talented enough, will have potential resale value.

This is what we need more of. Negativity breeds negativity.

Not glossing over the cracks either, we still need to strengthen but these are three players who will improve the team.

Agree completely. No point in always seeing the glass as being half empty

So you're annoyed that we're signing seasoned pros? Do you think the huns signed Weir with a view to resale value? Do you think Scumdee Utd signed Dods for that reason? How about us re-signing Jim Leighton?

A rant about us signing experienced players based on potential resale value is utter guff. While the signings aren't exciting, we need experienced professionals and Brown is getting the job done. Well done Brooner!

It was clear to see towards the end of the season we needed I felt 3-4 seriously experienced potentially all over 30 signings. Hartley was great for us in terms of leading the team and bringing experience but Young, McNamee and Langfield despite their years did not bring anything like experience to the team for what you would expect.

Mawene will be better himself than our centre halfs last year and hopefully will organise the other three defenders to become better as a unit too.

Jack played like 25 games last season, Paton (in midfield) more than I care to remember, Magennis too. Clark will be a much better experienced option for wide midfield and hopefully take the pressure off Jack, Fyvie and Pawlett to an extent.

Gonzalez we'll soon find out what he's up to but hopefully he'll be as promising as his CV and together with Mawene bring a calmness and organisation to the goalkeeping/back line.

So you're annoyed that we're signing seasoned pros? Do you think the huns signed Weir with a view to resale value? Do you think Scumdee Utd signed Dods for that reason? How about us re-signing Jim Leighton?

Not sure what your point is there... Weir is an experienced international.... whereas what we've signed are 2 lower division makeweights. They don't compare at all.

A rant about us signing experienced players based on potential resale value is utter guff. While the signings aren't exciting, we need experienced professionals and Brown is getting the job done. Well done Brooner!

The critique wasn't based upon resale value, though that was one aspect... if all you took out of what I was saying was that they have no resale value then you need to go back to school and learn to read for content this time around, because you're not understanding what I said at all.

You're saying I believe we should sign that calibre of players, which is an idiotic strawman.

Sorry.

How about responding to my other points? You have a negative view, others agree.

My sarcasm about signing world class players is to make the point that these players are at the level we can sign.

The better SPL players are being signed by Championship sides, we can't compete there. Decent English League One signings will be picked up and likely more easily scouted by Championship teams.

CB has brought on players of a known entity who will improve the team. He did try and sign Gomis and I'm sure he's tried with others.

So tell me; what level of player should we be signing? I hear a big silence coming up from mr negative boy kelt.

Agree completely. No point in always seeing the glass as being half empty

You don't have to envisage the glass half empty - just look at our performances, league positions and lack of any silverware in nearly 2 decades for clarification.

Feck me, wake up folk... we are a bloody joke of a club ran by a multi-millionaire!

How about responding to my other points?

I'll be honest, I read the opening line and gave up on your post.

You have a negative view, others agree.

I have a negative view because the club is being run into the ground.

By the time you hit 30 you've found your level. In Mawene and Clark's case that's 3rd and 4th Division football. I can understand signing promising youngsters from that level, but guys coming to the end of their career, who are proven to be of very poor standard, does not meet my own personal standards.

My sarcasm about signing world class players is to make the point that these players are at the level we can sign.

No, there are better players out there. They're from the level we can afford, but they're not the standard we require, certainly not in Clark's case and I suspect the same in Mawene's case.

The better SPL players are being signed by Championship sides, we can't compete there. Decent English League One signings will be picked up and likely more easily scouted by Championship teams.

CB has brought on players of a known entity who will improve the team. He did try and sign Gomis and I'm sure he's tried with others.

Not signing Gomis shouldn't, and to my mind at least doesn't, allow him to then go sign pish like Clark.

So tell me; what level of player should we be signing? I hear a big silence coming up from mr negative boy kelt.

"I hear a big silence from mr negative boy kelt"?

Are you retarded or six years old?

What the f**k kind of a way is that to talk?

If we're going to sign 4th division players make it guys who are on the ascendancy, not coming to the end of their very, very mediocre career.

If we're going to sign older players make it guys who are better than players who are going to Kilmarnock or Inverness. By signing Clark we bracket ourselves in the same company as those two sides, and by doing that we reinforce our status as an also ran. We should be trying to catch up with Hearts and United, NOT waving them a cheerful goodbye as they disappear over the horizon.

You don't have to envisage the glass half empty - just look at our performances, league positions and lack of any silverware in nearly 2 decades for clarification.

Feck me, wake up folk... we are a bloody joke of a club ran by a multi-millionaire!

I was beginning to think that I was the only one to notice that these signings, and the guys we're being linked with, are the type f player to cement our position in the bottom six, and as also rans.

Apparently not.... give yourself a pat on the back.

The critique wasn't based upon resale value, though that was one aspect... if all you took out of what I was saying was that they have no resale value then you need to go back to school and learn to read for content this time around, because you're not understanding what I said at all.

Sorry, I clearly misread the four times you used the word resale - I am a fool. If you post crap, people will point out that it's crap. That is all. Try having a bit of faith in the manager - i'll bet you a bottle of Laphroaig that Brown's 2011-12 team will be better than last year's team.

Sorry, I clearly misread the four times you used the word resale - I am a fool. If you post crap, people will point out that it's crap. That is all. Try having a bit of faith in the manager - i'll bet you a bottle of Laphroaig that Brown's 2011-12 team will be better than last year's team.

Do we not say this every time a new manager comes in and has to rebuild the squad?

There's comes a time when one has to sit up and take notice of the ever decreasing circle that we, as a club, find ourselves inside.

Do we not say this every time a new manager comes in and has to rebuild the squad?

There's comes a time when one has to sit up and take notice of the ever decreasing circle that we, as a club, find ourselves inside.

I came to terms with that years ago. I support the club for what it is. We've no cash and this is no surprise. Let's move on to some more interesting chat.

Sorry, I clearly misread the four times you used the word resale -

Well, don't compound one f**k up by making another.

First you wrongly identified 'resale' as the "basis" for my argument.

I tried pointing out that you were wrong.

You've then taken that to mean that you misread that 'resale' was in there.

you're wrong about misreading it. It was there. It just wasn't the basis of my argument. This is now the second time you've had that explained to you. Are you going to need it explained again?

I am a fool.

Well, look at me not arguing with you.

If you post crap, people will point out that it's crap.

Yup.

That is all. Try having a bit of faith in the manager - i'll bet you a bottle of Laphroaig that Brown's 2011-12 team will be better than last year's team.

I don't not have faith in Brown's managerial skills. In fact I'm betting that despite the lack of quality in the team we probably finish anywhere from 7th to 11th.

I'll tell you what, I'll bet you we neither make a final nor challenge for Europe, yet again, which has been my argument. Not that we're not at about the same level of pish, but that we're not improving.

The loss of McGhee and the removal of certain bad influences should work in our favour.

Well, don't compound one f**k up by making another.

First you wrongly identified 'resale' as the "basis" for my argument.

I tried pointing out that you were wrong.

You've then taken that to mean that you misread that 'resale' was in there.

you're wrong about misreading it. It was there. It just wasn't the basis of my argument. This is now the second time you've had that explained to you. Are you going to need it explained again?

Well, look at me not arguing with you.

Yup.

I don't not have faith in Brown's managerial skills. In fact I'm betting that despite the lack of quality in the team we probably finish anywhere from 7th to 11th.

I'll tell you what, I'll bet you we neither make a final nor challenge for Europe, yet again, which has been my argument. Not that we're not at about the same level of pish, but that we're not improving.

The loss of McGhee and the removal of certain bad influences should work in our favour.

You've explained nothing to me. Your point is boring and old. The only interesting aspect was the resale point. What do you expect from Aberdeen FFS, especially when run by Milne and when we're throwing all our cash at a new stadium? We can't even hold onto young lads like Maguire and Aluko so how do you propose we challenge for cups and Europe? Maybe you think we can turn magic beans into cash? Your point is understood, noted and not considered by me to be a good one.

You've explained nothing to me.

Yeah, I have. You just aren't capable of grasping it.

Third time.

The basis of my argument is that we've signed guys who, by this stage in their careers, are 3rd and 4th Division quality. They won't be improving, in fact by thirty the assets Clark had... running like a demented dog.... will be declining. Couple that with the fact that he's just not a very good footballer, not even at his peak, and you have the basis of my argument. Old, declining, substandard. The resale and improvement aspects were secondary arguments, not the basis of my argument.

So, yeah, that's three times now. If this was baseball you'd be out.... do you need it explained a fourth time?

Your point is boring and old.

It certainly is boring and old, that doesn't make it any less valid. If you want exciting and new then I can't help you. But then, that's not how argument or debate works.

The only interesting aspect was the resale point. What do you expect from Aberdeen FFS, especially when run by Milne and when we're throwing all our cash at a new stadium?

Believe that, do you?

We need 30 million quid plus. for a board that can't raise 500 quid a week for a left back, and has either failed to secure investment or pissed what little investment they got up against a wall... where do you reckon that 30 million plus is coming from?

We can't even hold onto young lads like Maguire and Aluko

Both players appear to be weepy little bitches who think they're better than Aberdeen. Not all players are weepy little bitches. Their retention was never really an issue, since they both reckon they can go on to bigger and better things... how, I'm not sure, but still.

so how do you propose we challenge for cups and Europe?

Sign a captain.

Sign players who have shown themselves ready to make a step up.

Invest in the playing staff, rather than strip it to the bone.... and if that means certain directors of football or other non-essential staff have to take a hike then fine, free up their money and pump it into the playing side.

Stop signing and sacking management. Between Calderwood and McGhee we must have pished away a million quid. A million quid would make a significant difference to the playing staff.

Get better scouts. guys who can identify a Gomis instead of Darren Young.

Maybe you think we can turn magic beans into cash?

Do you think my opinion is based upon some kind of magic bean economy?

My opinion is that the club stops pissing away money, identifies better players, fires unnecessary staff and replaces those who aren't doing their jobs properly. We must have the worst scouting system in professional football the abject sh*te we sign.

Your point is understood, noted and not considered by me to be a good one.

I genuinely can't believe you understand my point, since I've now had to explain the basics of it to you on no less than three separate occasions.

Yeah, I have. You just aren't capable of grasping it.

Third time.

The basis of my argument is that we've signed guys who, by this stage in their careers, are 3rd and 4th Division quality. They won't be improving, in fact by thirty the assets Clark had... running like a demented dog.... will be declining. Couple that with the fact that he's just not a very good footballer, not even at his peak, and you have the basis of my argument. Old, declining, substandard. The resale and improvement aspects were secondary arguments, not the basis of my argument.

So, yeah, that's three times now. If this was baseball you'd be out.... do you need it explained a fourth time?

It certainly is boring and old, that doesn't make it any less valid. If you want exciting and new then I can't help you. But then, that's not how argument or debate works.

Believe that, do you?

We need 30 million quid plus. for a board that can't raise 500 quid a week for a left back, and has either failed to secure investment or pissed what little investment they got up against a wall... where do you reckon that 30 million plus is coming from?

Both players appear to be weepy little bitches who think they're better than Aberdeen. Not all players are weepy little bitches. Their retention was never really an issue, since they both reckon they can go on to bigger and better things... how, I'm not sure, but still.

Sign a captain.

Sign players who have shown themselves ready to make a step up.

Invest in the playing staff, rather than strip it to the bone.... and if that means certain directors of football or other non-essential staff have to take a hike then fine, free up their money and pump it into the playing side.

Stop signing and sacking management. Between Calderwood and McGhee we must have pished away a million quid. A million quid would make a significant difference to the playing staff.

Get better scouts. guys who can identify a Gomis instead of Darren Young.

Do you think my opinion is based upon some kind of magic bean economy?

My opinion is that the club stops pissing away money, identifies better players, fires unnecessary staff and replaces those who aren't doing their jobs properly. We must have the worst scouting system in professional football the abject sh*te we sign.

I genuinely can't believe you understand my point, since I've now had to explain the basics of it to you on no less than three separate occasions.

See my response above

Kelt min, is any of the three signings the one the Tup named to you as signing 'in the next few days' two weeks or so ago?

Edit: He said his mystery man was a midfielder. Was Chris Clark the name he gave you?

No... no sign of the guy he was talking about. And to be honest even the guy Tup was talking about fills me with a sense of 'meh'.

More 'meh' or less 'meh' than Chris Clark? :confused:

Christ, could only be better than Chris 'Not in the face. Not in the face' Clark.

Much, much better than Chris 'never beats his man' Clark.

Several pay grades better than Chris 'Oh, that was supposed to be a cross' Clark.

Easily a superior player to Chris 'released by a 4th Division Side' Clark.

But still... as about as exciting as watching Islamic porn.

Christ, could only be better than Chris 'Not in the face. Not in the face' Clark.

Much, much better than Chris 'never beats his man' Clark.

Several pay grades better than Chris 'Oh, that was supposed to be a cross' Clark.

Easily a superior player to Chris 'released by a 4th Division Side' Clark.

But still... as about as exciting as watching Islamic porn.

LOL.

I think that Chris Clark will be a decent player for us. That opinion is based more on the quality of the SPL than CC's footballing ability though!