How Is The Team Shaping Up ?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The starting XI (potentially) doesnt look that bad does it ?

GK GONZO

LB THE HUN

RB PETULA

CB BIG MAW BROON

CB BOMBSCARE

LM SICKNOTE

RM TBA

CM GINGER MAGICIAN

CM GINGER APPRENTICE/ SUCK ON MY SALTY CHOCOLATE THROUGH BALLS

CF JUAN

CF SPUD MURPHY

Don't want right footers at left back and left wing. Cover maybe but not first choice. We have seen that over the years is not a good idea.

• Site Sponsor

GK GONZO

LB THE HUN

RB PETULA

CB BIG MAW BROON

CB BOMBSCARE

LM SICKNOTE

RM TBA

CM GINGER MAGICIAN

CF JUAN

CF SPUD MURPHY

I'd hope that it is far from finished

• 3 weeks later...

Bump!!

With Arnason signed up now it gives us plenty options if everyone is fit.

I reckon we'll get some more new faces in, but these will be spread out until the end of August in my opinion.

Out of the players we've got now I'd look at two or three possible formations, depending on who we are playing of course.

4-4-2

Gonzo

Foster - Mawene - Arnason - Considine(until loan or signing comes in)

Pawlett - Osbourne - Milsom - Clark

Mackie - Vernon

Subs: New Goalie - Mcardle - Fyvie - Jack - Folly - Paton - Magennis

4-3-3

Gonzo

Foster - Mawene - Arnason - Clark

Fyvie - Osbourne - Milsom

Mackie - Vernon - Pawlett

Subs: New Goalie - Mcardle - Considine - Jack - Folly - Paton - Magennis

3-5-2 / 5-3-2

Gonzo

Arnason - Mawene - Considine

Foster Clark

Fyvie - Osbourne - Milsom

Mackie - Vernon

Subs: New Goalie - Mcardle - Jack - Pawlett - Folly - Paton - Magennis

Still shows that we're still very short in wide positions, but we could get by until the end of August. I'd like to see the likes of Low, Shaughnessy, Fraser, Grimmer, and Robertson make a right push for inclusion in the first team squads on a regular basis to give Brooner some selection problems.

Squad lacks any real quality in terms of width & creativity. We surely can't afford to play narrow all season long, especially against teams that sit deep.

From a defensive point of view it looks more solid than last season though, but I can't see were we'll get the goals to make us a top 4 side, which we should be.

Squad lacks any real quality in terms of width & creativity. We surely can't afford to play narrow all season long, especially against teams that sit deep.

From a defensive point of view it looks more solid than last season though, but I can't see were we'll get the goals to make us a top 4 side, which we should be.

Knox learned from his time at Rangers that if you sign the biggest team, you don't always have to play the best football - you can batter your opponents into submission over 90 minutes.

I think he told Brown this recently

this is what id play if i was gaffer and had the current squad, bearing in mind i think im ace at footy manager haha

gonzalez

mcardle mawene arason foster

pawlett fyvie osbourne milsom clark

vernon

nae ideal like, but much better than some folk seem to be moanin aboot!!! id prefer another proper fullback, pref a left back and definately a left winger. clark is decent but thats all he is. would have a solid team that id be happy with if we got smith and aluko back, which i sadly dina think will happen.

so left back and left winger and we have, in my humble opinion, a very good squad!

Don't want right footers at left back and left wing. Cover maybe but not first choice. We have seen that over the years is not a good idea.

Considering most teams in the SPL have right footers on the left wing I'm much happier having a right footed left back, a right footer playing on the left will generally try and cut inside, taking a left footed player onto his wrong foot.

Just as long as we don't have bloody central defenders at full back we should be ok.

Bumped into a guy in tesco at Ellon today, hardcore dandy from maud, follows them anywhere and everywhere, was down at forfar, his opinion was Megginson was looking a class apart,. I hope he was good to his word as we are crying out for aother great hope to get behind, to galvanise behind.

Well, we're told the Icelandic dude will be signing Monday, medical notwithstanding.... I'll be interested to see if this happens, or if we're going to have the same drawn out bullshit we get with some of our more high profile targets who we're told will sign "by_____" and then it drags on into weeks and then doesn't happen because some fourth rate club came in with a better offer.

The guy sounds like an okay target, nothing particularly exciting, but not suicidally depressing either. But if he can play football like a proper footballer then I guess he'll be a step up from Derek Young.

Well, we're told the Icelandic dude will be signing Monday, medical notwithstanding.... I'll be interested to see if this happens, or if we're going to have the same drawn out bullshit we get with some of our more high profile targets who we're told will sign "by_____" and then it drags on into weeks and then doesn't happen because some fourth rate club came in with a better offer.

The guy sounds like an okay target, nothing particularly exciting, but not suicidally depressing either. But if he can play football like a proper footballer then I guess he'll be a step up from Derek Young.

He's maybe the marquee signing. :itch-chin:

He's a big c**t anyway and if he can be half as good as Brian Irvine I'll accept that.

All we need now* is Reds and co to get resigned for pre match entertainment.

* to finish off bottom position.

He's maybe the marquee signing. :itch-chin:

He's a big c**t anyway and if he can be half as good as Brian Irvine I'll accept that.

All we need now* is Reds and co to get resigned for pre match entertainment.

* to finish off bottom position.

Yeah, I'm not entirely convinced by his international credentials... Icelandic International, Iceland isn't exactly a top notch footballing power. Currently ranked behind St. Kitts and Nevis, Liechtenstein, Faroe Islands and Antigua & Barbuda. I don't think I've ever even heard of Antigua & Barbuda, but apparently Iceland are worse than them.

Reds and Co might have been okay if they'd got shot of the dude who danced with them. Still really poor stuff, like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V9C0D6Mw48&feature=related

Bumped into a guy in tesco at Ellon today, hardcore dandy from maud, follows them anywhere and everywhere, was down at forfar, his opinion was Megginson was looking a class apart,. I hope he was good to his word as we are crying out for aother great hope to get behind, to galvanise behind.

I don't think he did to be honest, he looked sharp but then so did nicky low.

I read in the paper yesterday Magennis saying they were told to get the ball to Megginson at earliest opportunity so he could take on the opposition.

Yeah, I'm not entirely convinced by his international credentials... Icelandic International, Iceland isn't exactly a top notch footballing power. Currently ranked behind St. Kitts and Nevis, Liechtenstein, Faroe Islands and Antigua & Barbuda. I don't think I've ever even heard of Antigua & Barbuda, but apparently Iceland are worse than them.

Reds and Co might have been okay if they'd got shot of the dude who danced with them. Still really poor stuff, like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V9C0D6Mw48&feature=related

So does that mean all Icelandic players are pish?

Ei

• Site Sponsor

GK GONZO

LB THE HUN

RB PETULA

CB BIG MAW BROON

CB BOMBSCARE

LM SICKNOTE

RM TBA

CM GINGER MAGICIAN

CF JUAN

CF SPUD MURPHY

I personally go into the new season with low expectations, however the pre season doesn't seem to have gone too badly. One thing is certain we need a break from the crippling injuries we have suffered over the past few years.

I'm expecting 2 points from first 3 games, that way I can only be pleasantly surprised if we win any of them.

Are you having a f**king laugh? Opening at home to St Johnstone followed by an away trip to St Mirren is a guaranteed six-points. That then sets up the Sunday lunchtime game at home to the Tims (which, on paper, you'd expect a defeat but you never know).