The Positives Thread

So many negatives around the club right now so thought would give a go in going with just what i think are the main positives at the club. Although struggling a bit to start with may add some more in later as others post up theirs. Keep it positive lads!!

Gonzalez

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig brown not being afraid to blood youngstars.

Would rather see youngstars in the team than duff, mair, byrne or some of the other sh*te we've had to endure.

400k for Maguire also a steal and great for the club to get some money in.

Will take that one aswell. Any money for him is good and pmsl at getting circa 400k.

Also to lesser extent the not afraid to play youngsters one, although neither was last manager and the youngsters weren't really ready/good enough. But if good enough old enough.

grr, many times do i need to correct ye!?

as for the ilk of byrne and duff over youngsters..

it COULD be argued that using jack and robertson so much last season has hindered them, so i wouldnt herald the use of youngsters so brazenly as an excellent thing

if theyre ready, yes...otherwise?

I prefer it if they were youngstars and not just youngsters. Far more positive!!

Craig brown not being afraid to blood youngstars.

Nae too sure if I would go along with that min to be honest.

He did it last season yes, but that was more out of necessity. I doubt if we'll see any more than two youngsters start in any team he picks.

You'll be more likely to see Folly, Osborne or Clark start in right midfield than Pawlett or Jack for example.

Nae too sure if I would go along with that min to be honest.

He did it last season yes, but that was more out of necessity. I doubt if we'll see any more than two youngsters start in any team he picks.

You'll be more likely to see Folly, Osborne or Clark start in right midfield than Pawlett or Jack for example.

Think if they are good enough then they will play. If Fyvie playing well then he will play ahead of a more senior player who isn't playing well. That has to be good thing when in past some senior players would play no matter what form they and others on the bench were in.

what, 1 with their head screwed on??

you think Milsom was "excellent" 2nd half of the season?

I think Millsom IS excellent. Not all the time as no player is. But since Millsom joined half way through the season and i think he is excellent then yes i think in the main he was excellent and a standout in a shockingly bad side.

i know, shame on you

in our "positive" thread, first thing you do is slag off our current number 1.

joke fan

Try keep this thread positive please. This thread is not all about you and your cries for attention.

And for the record Gonzalez is our number 1 keeper whilst he is here unless he makes massive f**k ups. And that is absolutely fantastic news.

Think if they are good enough then they will play. If Fyvie playing well then he will play ahead of a more senior player who isn't playing well. That has to be good thing when in past some senior players would play no matter what form they and others on the bench were in.

Another positive for the season is that we'll be solid as fook in Midfield and will be hard to beat. iI don't believe we'll be soft touches this year.

Another positive is the strength in depth of the midfield now, meaning that we don't have to start Fyvie every week and we can phase him in / out of the team and not burn him out. A cracking impact sub. Also, we'll be unlikely to see Jack figure so regularly this season which is a massive bonus for me, it might benefit him as well as he was definitely over utilised last season.

And for the record Gonzalez is our number 1 keeper whilst he is here unless he makes massive f**k ups. And that is absolutely fantastic news.

The biggest positive of them all. It's going to be a pleasure to, hopefully, finally have a decent keeper back between the sticks!

The first time I saw Jamie Langfield play was years ago, when I attended a Scottish Cup tie at Tynecastle between Partick Thistle and Hearts... So inept was he, I wondered how the Partick keeper had managed to sign a professional contract! Some years later that Partick goalkeeper wound up at Pittodrie and he certainly hadn't improved much.

Sure Clangers has had his moments.... his display against Dnipro was perhaps his best ever. However, for every good performance there have been 10's of horror stories and bomb scares. As good as he was in Dnipro, he was even worse in Munich - we'd have been as well playing a traffic cone in his place! Also, if he ever regains the No. 1 jersey, he should never, under any circumstances, be allowed to play against Dundee United. I think Clangers is probably every Arabs favourite Dons player!

I wish Jamie and his family all the very best and I hope he gets well soon, however, he's never been a keeper.

Another positive for the season is that we'll be solid as fook in Midfield and will be hard to beat. iI don't believe we'll be soft touches this year.

Another positive is the strength in depth of the midfield now, meaning that we don't have to start Fyvie every week and we can phase him in / out of the team and not burn him out. A cracking impact sub. Also, we'll be unlikely to see Jack figure so regularly this season which is a massive bonus for me, it might benefit him as well as he was definitely over utilised last season.

Aye - just said same in Osbourne thread - competition for places and cover in centre of midfield sorted.

Agree about Jack aswell.

The biggest positive of them all. It's going to be a pleasure to, hopefully, finally have a decent keeper back between the sticks!

The first time I saw Jamie Langfield play was years ago, when I attended a Scottish Cup tie at Tynecastle between Partick Thistle and Hearts... So inept was he, I wondered how the Partick keeper had managed to sign a professional contract! Some years later that Partick goalkeeper wound up at Pittodrie and he certainly hadn't improved much.

Sure Clangers has had his moments.... his display against Dnipro was perhaps his best ever. However, for every good performance there have been 10's of horror stories and bomb scares. As good as he was in Dnipro, he was even worse in Munich - we'd have been as well playing a traffic cone in his place! Also, if he ever regains the No. 1 jersey, he should never, under any circumstances, be allowed to play against Dundee United. I think Clangers is probably every Arabs favourite Dons player!

I wish Jamie and his family all the very best and I hope he gets well soon, however, he's never been a keeper.

+1

the only thing i have de-railed is your infantile gibberish about Jamie

as for positives?

god yeah, i see loads

new stadium on horizon

whole club's Adidas re-branding

my first season with season ticket

signing a few brick sh*t-houses

Give you those - unfortunatley new stadium not even in sight yet - still way beyond horizon.

IF he is, then great!!

no-one knows that yet though and its not enough just being from man city to make us all think hes good

member a. notman?

As far as i know A Notman wasn't an international.

I'm pretty sure Gonzalez will be better than Clangfield. He'd have to be horrific not to be.

Milsom, an excellent player..Played well in most of his games last season.

Clark, again could turn out ot a good capture - coming back from down south as a better player in my view.

A fit Osbourne will be a quality addition aswell.

Gonzalez seemingly is a quality keeper but could not get a game for Man City having Hart and Given in front of him, pretty sure he will prove me right on this one.

Fyvie and Folly back good news.

The Adidas Kit deal is a winner i would say.

Starting to feel a bit more positive about the up and coming season..

And I don't think Broon is finished either, a few more faces will be in i think.

We're still in the SPL after what has been the worst 2 seasons i've ever witnessed as a Dons fan! :trophy: The fact we survived last season was nothing short of incredible considering how bad we were! Can't wait for the new season though, there will be a whole new atmosphere at pittodrie with all these new players and moving on Diamond, Maguire, Aluko (maybe) and Langfield hopefully losing his No.1 shirt!

DANDIES!!

Surely replacing our goalie from last season, with a better goalie for this season is a positive?

Of course it is, and whos to say that Langfield will ever play again. No one knows how his condition will effect him, will he be willing to put his heed in where the boots are flying?

Gonzales is an upgrade on Langfield, Mawane will be a better player than Plug, Osbourne will replace Hartley and Clark is 5 times the player Deek is.

On top of that, Foster is coming back a better player with CL experience, Mackie, Fyvie, Vernon and McArdle all fully fit are another added bonus.

Im sure that Broon aint finished adding to the team and I'd expect a signing or a loanee to come in and replace Bebo

im certain A Notman had played for the under 21s

Gonzalez has played for Columbia what, once and even then that was years ago?

by your reckoning then Kevin Kyle is an international?

Look just accept that the goalie we've signed looks very promising and is an improvement on what we had before and be done with it.

Diamond moving on is a massive positive. I think if I had to imagine another season with him at centre half I'd have given up. We now have, on paper, a more experienced plater that had performed at a higher level. We just need some solid defenders.

I'm also hoping with Maguire gone, Paton can find some of that early promise he showed a couple of seasons back and maybe Magennis will come on.

Some more quality signings would really add to some of the initial positives already highlighted.

LB, LW and ST would do nicely.

Well, we have had made some good experienced signings so far in my opinion, with hopefully a few more to follow with good youngsters on loan from the EPL.

Milsom. Quality.

Vernon hopefully back and fighting fit, banging in the goals again.

Mackie is looking for a new contract. Usually means goals.

Some bad eggs gone from the squad.

I'll wait until we see who else CB beings in.

We need a minimum of 3 players - LB, LM, STR.

At the moment, I'd say the signings are reasonably positive, although there is a bit of the unknown;

Gonzalez - would appear to be the best competition Langfield has had (assuming he makes a comeback, which is not 100% guaranteed)

Mawene - Hopeful that he's a marked improvement on Diamond - (still think Considine is a bomb scare though!)

Osbourne - IF, and it's a big IF, he stays fit, then think he'll be a good signing alongside Fyvie & Milsom

Clark - wont pull up trees, but handy to have in the squad as he can cover 5 positions.

Sign equivalent standard players for the 3 positions mentioned above and I'll be positive.