Osbourne Signs Deal

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news. Pa Broon's fairly raking them in!

0,,10284~9764359,00.jpg

Aberdeen this morning completed the signing of Issac Osbourne. A Pittodrie insider said "This is great for the club, but unfortunately, for funds, we had to sell the boot room signing chair."

Progress is being made...

Obviously need to wait to see who all we get before speculating fully on how well we've spent our budget BUT given Osbourne hasn't played for 16 months and given Clark was set to move back to the North East but sign for Killie I wonder if we've picked them both up relatively cheaply (I mean relative to the likes of your Aluko, Diamond and Hartley).

Obviously need to wait to see who all we get before speculating fully on how well we've spent our budget BUT given Osbourne hasn't played for 16 months and given Clark was set to move back to the North East but sign for Killie I wonder if we've picked them both up relatively cheaply (I mean relative to the likes of your Aluko, Diamond and Hartley).

That's competition for centre midfield well and truely sorted although we don't know the quality of the incoming lads. Just need full backs and wide players as a priority and then a keeper and striker on top at least to have decent competition for places and decent cover.

Pretty sure him, some other boy who looks like one of the trialists and Rob Milsom were in Cineworld last night. The other boy looked like maybe the goalie we had on trial...but nah sure. He has that whole Olie Mair (sp? who?) hairdo thing going on.

Probably - all the trialists staying in the Highland Hotel on Crown Street.

That's competition for centre midfield well and truely sorted although we don't know the quality of the incoming lads. Just need full backs and wide players as a priority and then a keeper and striker on top at least to have decent competition for places and decent cover.

You still want 6 new players to come in, then?

You still want 6 new players to come in, then?

At least yes. We have very little in wide positions both at back and on wings. Absolutely no left side at all still and then need cover aswell.

But know it wont happen and we could struggle if any kind of injuries kick in.

pretty much a whole team then ;)

never seen this geezer in action but if CB thinks he can add something then I'm sure he will. Browns signings so far have all been able to do a job, none of them have done a langfield or diamond on the pitch yet...

I would still like a star though, someone to make everyone else sit up and take notice.

K9 is Correct.

Not to say this is what I'd like to see but I'm guessing:-

Osbourne, Clark and McArdle will become the choice of cover for Foster at RB.

Milsom may well be used as a Left Mid/Winger assuming Aluko doesn't re-sign.

So IMO this leaves requirements for:

1 first choice LB

1 backup keeper with potential and something to prove

1 first choice right mid/winger

1 decent left mid/winger to provide some competition (unless Aluko re-signs)

1 forward/striker for competition

We have 4 signings so far and 5 more needed. All those made so far make some sense to me but we definately do need more to come.

Plenty of time for that to happen and no need to panic as a few on here have done.

In 4 weeks time if we haven't made another 3 or 4 signings at least then I will be dissappointed but not exactly in a flap. We have a tight budget so what we can expect is a small squad and a degree of gamble in the signings made.

Will Chris Clark not be right wing? Has he not spent most of his time at Plymouth playing there? Should Aluko stay that would be good for the left, with Milson playing there if needed and a fit Pawlett impressive on the right as cover too I think the midfield is pretty good.

A left back is key for me and another quality striker.