Piper Alpha

• 1 year later...

I'm researching the Piper Alpha disaster and I want to acquire a copy of the Cullen Report.

Obviously it was never published online, and I can find a copy anywhere. I don't suppose anyone has a copy (a safety dick who works offshore perhaps?) or could point me in the right direction of one?

Cheers,

I'm researching the Piper Alpha disaster and I want to acquire a copy of the Cullen Report.

Obviously it was never published online, and I can find a copy anywhere. I don't suppose anyone has a copy (a safety dick who works offshore perhaps?) or could point me in the right direction of one?

Cheers,

Maybe some of the bigger libraries have a copy or could get one for you

Cheers,

I'll have a look tomorrow although being as I'm not a dick and I don't work offshore I only tick one of your three requisites.

Maybe some of the bigger libraries have a copy or could get one for you

Thanks. Yeah, I'll give that a bash if any online leads don't come to fruition.

I'll have a look tomorrow although being as I'm not a dick and I don't work offshore I only tick one of your three requisites.

laughing.gif

I didn't mean it like that.

Thanks Boof, I would appreciate it.

Thanks. Yeah, I'll give that a bash if any online leads don't come to fruition.

laughing.gif

I didn't mean it like that.

Thanks Boof, I would appreciate it.

I know you didn't.

I've emailed a guy I used to work with a few minutes ago.

He's an oracle when it comes to stuff like this so he's likely got an emailable version.

If not our system in the office will pretty definitely have one but I'm back at base at the moment and cannot access anything.

Cheers,

• 10 months later...

I knew two lads who died and one who survived.

My mum was on the phone to the wife of one when

she had to go coz there was someone at the door.

That was when she was told about the ongoing

disaster involving her husband.

A horrible time for all the families and respect for

all offshore workers coz I'd never fancied that working life.

Yup second that about last night's documentary. The guy describing being in the serioulsy cold north sea and feeling like he was under a grill was scary as. And I've always wondered what would happen if you jumped off a helideck. Incredible that the two guys were so worried about the jump (when faced with no alternative) that the doc reckoned they actually received their pretty serious burns on the way down to the water and they never even noticed.

Always remember one of the orderlies at ARI saying the worst thing was the silence. There should have been a fleet of air traffic coming in and there was just, well, nothing.

The boy Mike Jennings who took a long time to jump and was eventually pushed was apparently reunited with the man who pushed him. Roy Thompson from Keith thought he had killed the man he pushed and it was only when he read the book Fire in the Night that he realised the man was still alive, and they were reunited recently. Great story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2357290/Piper-Alpha-I-thought-I-pushed-edge-I-thought-I-killed-Survivor-oil-rig-disaster-relives-fear-panic-25-years-later.html