Kari Arnason - Joins Dons

Dont know if its already been mentioned but I noticed a line in the sun this morning linking us with Kari Arnason the Icelandic central midfielder / central defender sacked by Plymouth and who has been on trial with Hearts last week.

"Brown is looking at former Hearts trialist Kari Arnason."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3684166/Brown-blasts-Dons-fans-who-booed-Fozzie.html#ixzz1RUceUMe9

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand, well read that he was only sacked because he refused to play for nothing while the club were in administration. Maybe thats why hearts didn't take him as they also have a history of not paying their players.

Seems to be a good standard of player, one that wee should be looking at.

I understand, well read that he was only sacked because he refused to play for nothing while the club were in administration. Maybe thats why hearts didn't take him as they also have a history of not paying their players.

Seems to be a good standard of player, one that wee should be looking at.

He probably is.

Problem being is that he plays in a position that isn't a priority

ie defensive centre mid, or centre half

We are in more need of a left back, left mid and striker

Ive seen him play for argyle a couple of times and he looked pretty solid. Won a lot of tackles and commanding presence in the defence.

Also spoken to a few regular Argyle fans who said he was class when he first joined the club, went through a spell where he looked like he'd lost his confidence and was anonymous but came on to a stormer again just before he quit / was sacked. Said they would miss him.

This is league one we're talking about let's not forget, but with my own eyes he looked pretty handy albeit only seen him play twice.

We are in more need of a left back, left mid and striker

This disna matter a fig.

We need good players, get 15 of them, and we can work round the positions afterwards.

I think we may be looking at 3-5-2 anyway, negating the need for an attacking full back.

This disna matter a fig.

We need good players, get 15 of them, and we can work round the positions afterwards.

I think we may be looking at 3-5-2 anyway, negating the need for an attacking full back.

So, let's say we had 2 good keeper, 6 good central defenders, 6 good central midfielders and one good striker, we'd do alright?

This disna matter a fig.

dont see a 3-5-2 tup

Two reasons;

- CB has only played it once...for 20 minutes in the semi against Celtic and after 20 minutes chaged it to a 4!

- McArdle isnt fit so we only have two available centre halves at the moment

Reckon we'll definitely play a back 4, and in the main a 4-3-3 (or variation of 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1 etc) most of the season

Dont agree either with the square pegs in round holes philosophy you seem to be advocating.

You do remember that oaf McGhee having no full backs and centre halves filling in?!

Nah, get players in for the positions we need.

50 games for Arhus and 70 for PA, decent experience. Big fella and versatile, on paper sounds useful.

Wonder why Hertz didn't take him up?

I work with a guy from there (huge fan of them) & he says that he was a sh*te player for them & he remembered him as soon as I mentioned him.

This disna matter a fig.

On another thread you say the lack of width in our squad does not bother you and on this your advocating 3 5 2

I work with a guy from there (huge fan of them) & he says that he was a sh*te player for them & he remembered him as soon as I mentioned him.

Sounds ideal for us then if the last two seasons are anything to go by.

Sometimes a fresh start can give a player a new lease of life, it happened for Charlie Adam.

Aye - very shaky. Looked very panicky

A bit harsh?

His first game, he wont have trained as he's not got a club, and probably doesnt even remember the players names.

Give him a chance.

Got a decent pedigree.

As I've said in another post, my main concern would be that we're signing a central defender/midfielder, and it takes away the chance of us signing a player for a position we need to strengthen - left back, left mid & striker.

As someone pointed out, if we sign Arnason, Considine might get put to left back?

This guy seems to have a fairly decent cv (well compared to the majority of players we've had on trial so far). Interested to see what happens with this as although i think we do need more defenders, LB is more of a concern imo. Wonder if there's any more news regarding Gavin Gunning coming on loan.... :sherlock:

A bit harsh?

His first game, he wont have trained as he's not got a club, and probably doesnt even remember the players names.

Give him a chance.

Got a decent pedigree.

As I've said in another post, my main concern would be that we're signing a central defender/midfielder, and it takes away the chance of us signing a player for a position we need to strengthen - left back, left mid & striker.

As someone pointed out, if we sign Arnason, Considine might get put to left back?

Not at all. Decent pedigree and unfit maybe but tonight from word go looked panicky and shaky. Imagine he will get another wee run out tomorrow though.

Not at all. Decent pedigree and unfit maybe but tonight from word go looked panicky and shaky. Imagine he will get another wee run out tomorrow though.

You saw him, I didnt so I'll take your word for it on tonights performance.

Just read some comments on the Plymouth website when he signed a 2 year contract in Jan 10, and the manager was speaking very highly of him.

I'm not a huge fan of Considine so if it means we potentially have a stronger central defence, it might not be a bad signing?