Thatcher Killed Fitba

Thatcher's a vile, subhuman c**t, but let's not be silly. She murdered plenty Scottish pensioners, but she's neither responsible for the death of football nor the obesity of British children.

Poor diet, worse parenting, the advent of massive home entertainment, and reduction in sports facilities... those are the things responsible for fat kids. Mismanagement within the game of football itself is responsible for killing football.

Plenty things Thatcher IS responsible for, but those aren't two of them.

Tickets haven't been released due to waiting for Sky's live games.

They have said it would be this week, however it's going to be Monday at the earliest now.

Shower of c**ts.

Canna see our games selling out anyway so thats nae really an issue.

Thatcher's a vile, subhuman c**t, but let's not be silly. She murdered plenty Scottish pensioners, but she's neither responsible for the death of football nor the obesity of British children.

Poor diet, worse parenting, the advent of massive home entertainment, and reduction in sports facilities... those are the things responsible for fat kids. Mismanagement within the game of football itself is responsible for killing football.

big sam can f**k off.

there is no way he can blame thatcher for the current state of british sport. its easy to say, but its the parents who are largely to blame. children are very impressionable. they will do what their parents encourage them to do (to a certain age). if they want to play sport after school, they will find a way. i know when i finished primary school for the day, i would hang back and either play by myself or with anyone else who wanted to stay back. once i stopped staying after school, there was a handful of us who would be down westburn park every night till we started secondary school.

if you want your kids to be healthy, then take an interest in what they are doing and encourage them rather than sticking them infront of the tv/console and letting them do what they want and just expecting them to turn out perfect. just because its easier doesnt mean its right.

Spot on Kelt. The game has been declining for years but nothing to do with the 'Iron Lady'. Now the Falklands War, Poll Tax etc she will always be remembered for those disgraces, and that alone is enough to be blasted for.

I'm certainly no fan of Thatcher, indeed I've been E-abused for using the phrase, "I hope that c**t [Thatcher] dies screaming and alone." So it's pretty unambiguous what I think of that particular c**t.

And having said that, Argentina invaded sovereign territory. British sovereign territory. Even a pacifist like me reckons you don't let sh*t like that slide.

Send the soldiers off to war, that's what they're paid for... and I'll even cheer them on when I see them storming Pelican Hill or whatever the f**k the name of the godforsaken place is. Thatcher was, in my book, right to send in the 'lads'.

She should still die screaming and alone for all the other stuff, though.

The c**t.

I'm certainly no fan of Thatcher, indeed I've been E-abused for using the phrase, "I hope that c**t [Thatcher] dies screaming and alone." So it's pretty unambiguous what I think of that particular c**t.

And having said that, Argentina invaded sovereign territory. British sovereign territory. Even a pacifist like me reckons you don't let sh*t like that slide.

Send the soldiers off to war, that's what they're paid for... and I'll even cheer them on when I see them storming Pelican Hill or whatever the f**k the name of the godforsaken place is. Thatcher was, in my book, right to send in the 'lads'.

She should still die screaming and alone for all the other stuff, though.

The c**t.

My opinion as well.

She also gave the Paras the right to shoot to kill in NI and didn't give in to the IRA hunger strikers.

• Site Sponsor

She wasn't really that bad, was she?

No she wasn't.

She had more balls than any Prime Minister since hence the reason the UK is currently where it's at.

Maggie wouldn't have given in to wishy washy mealy mouthed arseholes who have "run" the country since.

Greatest PM since Winston

• Site Sponsor

Doms the stereotypical maggie supporter, he did alright and therefore she was alright and never mind the chaos that was left behind or those shafted

Na Loon, anything I've achieved I've earned through hard work and long hours.

Proof comes from the fact that I only started in business five years ago - long after Thatcher had come and gone.

If you can make a success under a Labour Government, it's sheer hard graft.

I admire Mrs T simply because she took no sh*t - unlike all the saft shites since.

Real cohonies had Mrs T!

Anybody who thinks thatcher was a bad egg should go back to 1983 and read the labour party manifesto and realise the chaos that would have been created had Michael foot won power. Thatcher was exactly what the was needed to get the country back on it's feet after years of decline - she had guts and took controversial decisions which made her unpopular with some people.

Why the f**k for example, should we continue sending folk into the ground after coal, when men in other countries would do it for a fraction of the cost?

For the record allardyce is speaking sh*te.

She was probably great for anyone who lived South of the Midlands, Scotland she was f**king terrible towards.

Just some of the evil sh*t I can remember off the top of my head

Cold Weather Allowance. Scottish pensioners had to wait until it dropped something like ten degrees lower than that of their English counterparts before the Cold Weather Allowance kicked in. A deliberate and malicious policy aimed at making elderly Scots suffer.

The disassembly of the State of the art Ravenscraig Steel Mills, and the shipping of those facilities to England, kicking Scottish Steelworkers out on the street while giving her own English constituents top of the line Steelworks.

The wholesale cancelling of government contracts with Scottish Shipbuilders and the re-allocation of those contracts with English shipyards.

The Poll Tax experiment upon the Scots, just to see how it would or wouldn't work. If it failed then it was only the Scots who would suffer.

Allowing Scottish coal mines to flood by switching off the pumps, more or less rendering them unusable for all time.

Even petty sh*t like a rare hunting bird program that had succeeded in Scotland being shut down and relocated to England.

The sell off of Scottish gas which was a nationalised industry... sold it into private hands for circa 9 billion.

This is just the sort of evil sh*t she visited upon Scotland, and that's just the stuff I remember off the top of my head, because we had the audacity to not vote for her f**king party. Any benefits Scotland received as a result of her policies were merely knock-on effects of policies intended to benefit the English.

She was, and remains a c**t. A c**t who threw Scots out of jobs, destroyed Scottish industries and murdered Scottish pensioners either through deliberately malicious anti-Scottish policies or because she just didn't give a f**k about anything North of the border. To her Scotland was a disposable asset, one she stripped the sh*t out of, and the people there didn't even rate as second class citizens.

I find it pretty hard to understand any Scot who bigs up the most anti-Scottish piece of sh*t in living memory.

She was probably great for anyone who lived South of the Midlands, Scotland she was f**king terrible towards.

Cold Weather Allowance. Scottish pensioners had to wait until it dropped something like ten degrees lower than that of their English counterparts before the Cold Weather Allowance kicked in. A deliberate and malicious policy aimed at making elderly Scots suffer.

The disassembly of the State of the art Ravenscraig Steel Mills, and the shipping of those facilities to England, kicking Scottish Steelworkers out on the street while giving her own English constituents top of the line Steelworks.

The wholesale cancelling of government contracts with Scottish Shipbuilders and the re-allocation of those contracts with English shipyards.

The Poll Tax experiment upon the Scots, just to see how it would or wouldn't work. If it failed then it was only the Scots who would suffer.

Allowing Scottish coal mines to flood by switching off the pumps, more or less rendering them unusable for all time.

Even petty sh*t like a rare hunting bird program that had succeeded in Scotland being shut down and relocated to England.

The sell off of Scottish gas which was a nationalised industry... sold it into private hands for circa 9 billion.

This is just the sort of evil sh*t she visited upon Scotland, and that's just the stuff I remember off the top of my head, because we had the audacity to not vote for her f**king party. Any benefits Scotland received as a result of her policies were merely knock-on effects of policies intended to benefit the English.

She was, and remains a c**t. A c**t who threw Scots out of jobs, destroyed Scottish industries and murdered Scottish pensioners either through deliberately malicious anti-Scottish policies or because she just didn't give a f**k about anything North of the border. To her Scotland was a disposable asset, one she stripped the sh*t out of, and the people there didn't even rate as second class citizens.

I find it pretty hard to understand any Scot who bigs up the most anti-Scottish piece of sh*t in living memory.

It's strange, as she used to love going to Scotland on holiday. I guess the rich Scots she holidayed with didn't count as they all had posh accents.

I blame Thatcher for the general state of society in this country. Greed is good and f**k everyone else was the Tory manifesto in the 80s and we're still paying for it now - one of the main reasons New Labour is what it is as well - it had to become like them to replace them.

I think Big Sam's partly right - the loss of all those playing fields and extra-curricular activity have made a difference - and it just so happened that computer games and satellite television came along to fill the gap and therefor compounded the problem

Yet GDP in scotland rose approx 20% between 1979 and 1989.

The reason Scotland (and Wales and the north) appeared to suffer more under thatcher was as Scotland was far more heavily dependent upon the old industries, such as steel / mining/ ship building etc which it wasn't economic for the country to continue with. I thought you living in the Detroit area would realise he futility of an area trying to swin against the economic tide and continue producing goods which it is no longer economically efficient do so?

Why was she bad for the north east of Scotland specifically - your comment above reads like it has been lifted from the opinion page of the daily record.

Yet GDP in scotland rose approx 20% between 1979 and 1989.

The reason Scotland (and Wales and the north) appeared to suffer more under thatcher was as Scotland was far more heavily dependent upon the old industries, such as steel / mining/ ship building etc which it wasn't economic for the country to continue with. I thought you living in the Detroit area would realise he futility of an area trying to swin against the economic tide and continue producing goods which it is no longer economically efficient do so?

GDP rose, and yet schools, hospitals, mental health facilities (Care in the f**king Community my arse) and numerous other areas were savaged, reducing the quality of life for ordinary Scots... so how a rise in GDP benefited someone who needed an operation, or to get their kids a decent education, is anyone's guess.

Why was she bad for the north east of Scotland specifically - your comment above reads like it has been lifted from the opinion page of the daily record.

Not really giving a flying rat's arse how my comments sound, she deliberately destroyed the Scottish steel, coal and shipbuilding industries and moved them to England.... the Ravenscraig closure alone (The largest of its type in Europe), a profitable industry at the time, cost almost 1000 jobs immediately and thousands more as tier suppliers collapsed as a result.

Now if all those industries were merely smoke and mirrors, how did it benefit Scotland to savage those industries, throwing Scots onto the streets, and giving those industries and contracts and jobs to England?

Her actions were straightforward.... Scotland was lost to her and her party, so whatever she did to Scotland could have no negative effect on her control of the country, therefore she destroyed Scottish industries and used them to create jobs in her own constituency... ie, England.

As for the Detroit collapse, there are numerous reasons for that... for example, a like for like Detroit car versus a Japanese car, the Detroit car will cost an average of 2000 dollars US more than the Japanese version... this is because Unions here are/were too powerful, corrupt and stupid. A line worker, a guy who maybe bolts one piece of a car onto another, was earning something in the region of 100,000 dollars US per year. Unskilled, schleppy labour that should have cost 20k a year was earning people more than skilled professionals.

sh*t like full pensions for life for guys who take voluntary redundancy, paid lay-offs and a slew of ridiculous, unsustainable policies are what killed the Detroit motor industry.... it was fine when Detroit was the only game in town, but when competition rose they couldn't compete.

The self-destruction of the Detroit Auto Industry bears little relation to the destruction of the shipbuilding and steel industries, and even the coal industry in Scotland was a million miles from the Detroit situation.

Also, Detroit didn't have a hostile government making decisions specifically aimed at collapsing the Detroit industries... it fell under its own weight.

Do you reckon coal, steel or ships cost any less to make in England than they did in Scotland?

GDP rose, and yet schools, hospitals, mental health facilities (Care in the f**king Community my arse) and numerous other areas were savaged, reducing the quality of life for ordinary Scots... so how a rise in GDP benefited someone who needed an operation, or to get their kids a decent education, is anyone's guess.

Not really giving a flying rat's arse how my comments sound, she deliberately destroyed the Scottish steel, coal and shipbuilding industries and moved them to England.... the Ravenscraig closure

alone (The largest of its type in Europe), a profitable industry at the time, cost almost 1000 jobs immediately and thousands more as tier suppliers collapsed as a result.

Now if all those industries were merely smoke and mirrors, how did it benefit Scotland to savage those industries, throwing Scots onto the streets, and giving those industries and contracts and jobs to England?

Her actions were straightforward.... Scotland was lost to her and her party, so whatever she did to Scotland could have no negative effect on her control of the country, therefore she destroyed Scottish industries and used them to create jobs in her own constituency... ie, England.

As for the Detroit collapse, there are numerous reasons for that... for example, a like for like Detroit car versus a Japanese car, the Detroit car will cost an average of 2000 dollars US more than the

Japanese version... this is because Unions here are/were too powerful, corrupt and stupid. A line worker, a guy who maybe bolts one piece of a car onto another, was earning something in the region of 100,000 dollars US per year. Unskilled, schleppy labour that should have cost 20k a year was earning people more than skilled professionals.

sh*t like full pensions for life for guys who take voluntary redundancy, paid lay-offs and a slew of ridiculous, unsustainable policies are what killed the Detroit motor industry.... it was fine when Detroit was the only game in town, but when competition rose they couldn't compete.

The self-destruction of the Detroit Auto Industry bears little relation to the destruction of the

shipbuilding and steel industries, and even the coal industry in Scotland was a million miles from the Detroit situation.

Also, Detroit didn't have a hostile government making decisions specifically aimed at collapsing the Detroit industries... it fell

under its own weight.

Do you reckon coal, steel or ships cost any less to make in England than they did in Scotland?

Nope but it costs alot less to produce these items in the mines and steel plants of eastern Europe, and to build ships in the yards of the far east, which is ultimately the crux of the issue: Competitive advantage.

I don't know the basis for your belief in the mass export of Scotland's capital base to England under thatcher, but consider I accept your word for that, given the fact that England now has no coal, steel or ship building industry of significance either then I assume you agree that had the Thatcherite policies that you are so opposed to never been implemented, then these industries would only have been granted a temporary stay of execution in any case?

Nope but it costs alot less to produce these items in the mines and steel plants of eastern Europe, and to build ships in the yards of the far east, which is ultimately the crux of the issue: Competitive advantage.

But they weren't sent to Eastern Europe... Ravenscraig was dismantled and sent to England, and the government shipbuilding contracts went the same way.... I doubt Thatcher cared if ultimately those industries would fail, the philosophy was to win HER votes, that's a short term strategy coupled with inherent vindictiveness.

I don't know the basis for your belief in the mass export of Scotland's capital base to England under thatcher, but consider I accept your word for that,

It's a matter of documented history.

given the fact that England now has no coal, steel or ship building industry of significance either then I assume you agree that had the Thatcherite policies that you are so opposed to never been implemented, then these industries would only have been granted a temporary stay of execution in any case?

Impossible to say.. perhaps the privatisation of these industries under Thatcher led to their decline. British Steel was doing great pre-privatisation, if it's in the toilet now that its privatised..... we can see where her policy of economic deregulation led 20 years down the line.

But they weren't sent to Eastern Europe... Ravenscraig was dismantled and sent to England, and the government shipbuilding contracts went the same way.... I doubt Thatcher cared if ultimately those industries would fail, the philosophy was to win HER votes, that's a short term strategy coupled with inherent vindictiveness.

It's a matter of documented history.

Impossible to say.. perhaps the privatisation of these industries under Thatcher led to their decline. British Steel was doing great pre-privatisation, if it's in the toilet now that its privatised..... we can see where her policy of economic deregulation led 20 years down the line.

It's not impossible to say - if Scotland was the most economically efficient place to be building ships / mining coal / making steel then it would still be doing so. Pretty basic stuff.

And British steel had been loss making since the mid 70's - a simple google search would tell you that.

It's not impossible to say - if Scotland was the most economically efficient place to be building ships / mining coal / making steel then it would still be doing so. Pretty basic stuff.

Uhhh... wha?

These were government owned industries, reliant upon things like contracts and facilities provided by said government. When the government that owns you shuts you down then you're shut down, you don't have the luxury of going, "Nuh uh." That's it for your industry.

If it's basic stuff then you should understand it... surely?

And British steel had been loss making since the mid 70's - a simple google search would tell you that.

A Google search reveals that 5 areas were producing Steel... "From the mid-1970s the (now loss-making) British Steel pursued a strategy of concentrating steelmaking in five areas: South Wales, South Yorkshire, Scunthorpe, Teesside and Scotland. "

One of those areas was in profit in the year it was shut down.... Ravenscraig in Scotland.

To me, at least, it makes little sense to shut down your profitable area and maintain production in loss-making areas... but when you have an agenda that goes beyond mere, rational economic decision-making.