Club Badge

I remember years ago, there was a joke about how the refreshed design the that the club crest got showed the ball going past the post, while the old one showed it going in the net.

Just wondered if anyone knew when this took place and could it have co-incided with our bleak recent period?

If so, should we change the badge back to the same one we had through the 80's?

:scarf:

I remember years ago, there was a joke about how the refreshed design the that the club crest got showed the ball going past the post, while the old one showed it going in the net.

Just wondered if anyone knew when this took place and could it have co-incided with our bleak recent period?

What absolute pish gets posted nowadays on this site!only answering back as im on nites and im mind numbingly bored!

In order to believe in the potential of a curse you have to believe that either there are supernatural forces that can be compelled to f**k with other people, or that the course of history can be altered simply by being sufficiently pissed off or determined.

Aberdeen's problems stem from having the most clueless guy in charge in the club's 108 year history.

You could probably stick a monkey in a chair, put it in front of a couple of buttons... one marked YES and one marked NO... and just have that monkey make decisions based upon it randomly smacking the YES/NO buttons when asked a question... and it would STILL make better decisions that the current assclown in charge.

:wtf:

Yeah cause that's why the team have been struggling for years, cause of the club badge, deary me :banghead:

:poster_oops:

Try to start something a bit more amusing than the constant drivel about x signings by y date and this is the response you get?

Cheers

---

Anyone else remember this change, or is it just me?

:poster_oops:

Try to start something a bit more amusing than the constant drivel about x signings by y date and this is the response you get?

Cheers

---

Anyone else remember this change, or is it just me?

It was in the Red Final I think.

A definite story and the two club badges do show the ball used to be in the net and now it looks like it's past the post.

As much as I hate saying this there will be a guy on Mad who will be able to tell the tale. Merkie I think his name is.

Phoenix will alert him to the fact you want the full story if you ask him nicely.

:wtf:

Yeah cause that's why the team have been struggling for years, cause of the club badge, deary me :banghead:

Theres nothing wrong with thinking out the box................................. :itch-chin:

I dont think a badge design has anything to do with our misfortune. Its primarily due to a lack of investment from youth development, training facilities and the crap players signed for the first team. Nothing else.

It was in the Red Final I think.

A definite story and the two club badges do show the ball used to be in the net and now it looks like it's past the post.

As much as I hate saying this there will be a guy on Mad who will be able to tell the tale. Merkie I think his name is.

Phoenix will alert him to the fact you want the full story if you ask him nicely.

Cheers Boofon.

Just been sin-binned over there, so will have to wait a while before I can ask.

---

Just for clarification - I am not suggesting the change in the design of the badge has been the main factor in our slide - just that it seems to have co-incided with our worst form, falling attendences and more and more disillusionment on the terraces.

Given the excitement returning to Adidas has caused for some, I think it would have been an ideal time to return to our "proper" crest.

Cheers Boofon.

Just been sin-binned over there, so will have to wait a while before I can ask.

---

Just for clarification - I am not suggesting the change in the design of the badge has been the main factor in our slide - just that it seems to have co-incided with our worst form, falling attendences and more and more disillusionment on the terraces.

Given the excitement returning to Adidas has caused for some, I think it would have been an ideal time to return to our "proper" crest.

Your probably banned for posting here.

EPK would be pissed off if they changed the badge as his tattoo would no longer be in date.

I thought you were in the 'clique' Dandyesque?

The faltering junta are turning on their own now.

No chance min.

I stand alone, me.

That's why I'll disagree with you vehemently on one thread, back you up 100% on the next and take the Michael on the 3rd.

----

I think the combined negativity (in the face of all evidence, common sense and simple humanity) between the 2 boards that I frequent led to a few posts where I, shall we say, didn't hold back as much as I normally might.

Still seems ridiculous though- not like I was abusive or anything - unless suggesting someone was whining like a spoilt child over the "fact" we have a "tendency" to bring in players we have no hope of signing on trial (Arneson).

Look how that turned out, eh?

The curse was trying to match Rangers stupid spending & not cashing in our on 80's success by building proper training ground facilities.

What difference would the training facilities have made to players like Diamond and co over the last few years?

Could help us attract better players, lower the chance of injury, condition the players better and make us look more professional...that's all.

You have to think that when a player comes to Aberdeen he's less than impressed by the training facilities.

Okay, now we're going to run 100 meters, dodging potholes and dogshite, then, when those kids have finished their game, we can maybe have a quick game ourselves before the parkie kicks us out for playing on the grass.

The new badge is sh*t wheras the old one with the ball in the net was an inspired piece of graphic design.

Doesn't even look like a football on the official badge. Maybe drawn by a woman?

I'm sure the badge was designed by a schoolkid. It was a f**king great piece of design and inspired thinking. Probably paid a design consultancy thousands for the rebranding as well and they made a screaming c**t of it. Bring back the proper ball in the net badge.