Where Is The Flair ?

Under your feet squire.

Scottish football is brutal, and it might be fine to have flair in August, come November it goes out the window when a blade of grass is hard to come by. So we'll be fine once the weather turns.

At the moment, Pawlett and Megginson seem to be an outlet, fair enough.

Under your feet squire.

Scottish football is brutal, and it might be fine to have flair in August, come November it goes out the window when a blade of grass is hard to come by. So we'll be fine once the weather turns.

At the moment, Pawlett and Megginson seem to be an outlet, fair enough.

With Pawletts injury record we may rue this in a couple of months...but I think Brown will add to the squad before August

Yeah Bebo had pretty much zero end product but he & Aluko created a fair amount of our main attacking threat last season (which wasn't a lot true) & they have not been replaced in the slightest.

Fair enough, bring in strength & physical presence & try to make us hard to beat but we desperately need a creative spark up front & out wide left otherwise we'll just lose by slightly smaller margins but still lose all the same.

We need our striker (whoever it may be) to be signed on a permanent deal as far as I'm concerned also. Our main threat up front should be OURS & not a loan & especially not a 6 month loaner. Save the loans for wide positions or FBs etc.

Not liking the idea of going into the first three games with our front line or main attacking threat the way it is now, just in the hope that we can snap up a decent player at window closing time.

First games are as important as ANY in the season. No point starting at a loss risk & have to chase it from the off.

Think status with aluko seems to be that he has not found a club. We have to keep our deal on the table to guarantee some compensation if he moves to another club. He has moved out of his flat and away from aberdeen. There is a slim chance he may return but I doubt it.

Think status with aluko seems to be that he has not found a club. We have to keep our deal on the table to guarantee some compensation if he moves to another club. He has moved out of his flat and away from aberdeen. There is a slim chance he may return but I doubt it.

What a nobber.

wouldn't say that this 'flair' is non-existant,

Milsom offers plenty of options from the centre of the park, pre-season he looks as though his game has improved massively

Pawlett looks raring to go for saturday and has looked sharp in pre-season

Megginson i think could be the dark horse, rated him last season after a few decent performances. similar mould to bebo and loves to take on players, wouldn't mind seeing him out on one of the wings

Vernon offers plenty with his hold-up play and flick-ons, looks in better shape this season and eager to get started

Arnason should he sign looks a real find, sheer quality on and off the ball, similar to milsom

Magennis surprisingly enough looks to have improved in pre-season as well, bit more thought goes into his play

I concur that our potential for flair appears less currently as we are reliant on players already on our books improving and providing some flair and this is a cause for concern as is our weakness on the left. Both are undeniable; it is possible that with Maguire and Aluko moving on some players will have improved to replace their flair as last season we largely played when one or other was effective. If that does not occur (and we have no real way of knowing until we face comparible opposition whether our "youngsters" have taken that step forward (or have the strength to be more than a Jamie Smith) then we are likely in for some pretty turgid times. It would appear that CB has taken the approach to make us difficult to beat and that frankly is the better option. We need to be solid and win the ball; if we can't be that and do that our flair players will never see it anyway and they'll be useless.

So firstly make us solid and then secondly get us some flair.

We are in a better place for the first thing than we were last year; a solid start to the season with hopefully a few more loans bringing some flair and width.

I am hopeful but then a ball has not been kicked in anger yet.

wouldn't say that this 'flair' is non-existant,

Milsom offers plenty of options from the centre of the park, pre-season he looks as though his game has improved massively

Pawlett looks raring to go for saturday and has looked sharp in pre-season

Megginson i think could be the dark horse, rated him last season after a few decent performances. similar mould to bebo and loves to take on players, wouldn't mind seeing him out on one of the wings

Vernon offers plenty with his hold-up play and flick-ons, looks in better shape this season and eager to get started

Arnason should he sign looks a real find, sheer quality on and off the ball, similar to milsom

Magennis surprisingly enough looks to have improved in pre-season as well, bit more thought goes into his play

Does one not need a brain for this to happen

f**k you on bout?

Fairly f**kin' straight forward if you ask me