Aberdeen Vs St Johnstone

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confident?

I fancy us for 3 points.

Our goalie and new defender are good by all accounts.

Can't see any more outfield signings by the weekend so it's 11 from the current lot.

Have St Johnstone signed anyone decent?

I would concur with your assessment - the 3 points should be in the bag. I seem to remember they managed to nab Frazer Wright from Killie, not a bad defender but nae match for Daz Mac (if he's on form).

I would concur with your assessment - the 3 points should be in the bag. I seem to remember they managed to nab Frazer Wright from Killie, not a bad defender but nae match for Daz Mac (if he's on form).

Lets hope Daz Mack isnae on form eh. If he is on form then he will continue his woeful scoring record. Lets hope he is completely against his normal form and actually plays well and has an impact.

No idea how this will go. Hoping for three points but it is the first competitive match so will wait and see.

Lets hope Daz Mack isnae on form eh. If he is on form then he will continue his woeful scoring record. Lets hope he is completely against his normal form and actually plays well and has an impact.

No idea how this will go. Hoping for three points but it is the first competitive match so will wait and see.

56 goals in 295 appearances = some boy - end of story. :dancin:

All hail ''The Mack'':

In: Calum Davidson (Preston NE), David Robertson (Dundee United), Sean Higgins (Dundee), Frazer Wright (Kilmarnock), David McCracken (Brentford), Carl Finnigan (Falkirk)

Out: Michael Duberry (Oxford United), Kevin Rutkiewicz (Dunfermline), Danny Grainger (Hearts), Cleveland Taylor (Burton Albion), Scott Dobie, Danny Invincible, Collin Samuel, Peter MacDonald, Andy Jackson (Morton), Jordan Robertson (released) Graeme smith (St Mirren), Neil Duffy (Peterhead)

St. Johnstone's ins and outs courtesy of STV.

In: Calum Davidson (Preston NE), David Robertson (Dundee United), Sean Higgins (Dundee), Frazer Wright (Kilmarnock), David McCracken (Brentford), Carl Finnigan (Falkirk)

Out: Michael Duberry (Oxford United), Kevin Rutkiewicz (Dunfermline), Danny Grainger (Hearts), Cleveland Taylor (Burton Albion), Scott Dobie, Danny Invincible, Collin Samuel, Peter MacDonald, Andy Jackson (Morton), Jordan Robertson (released) Graeme smith (St Mirren), Neil Duffy (Peterhead)

St. Johnstone's ins and outs courtesy of STV.

Forgot all about David Robertson tbh - he's shaping up to be a competent midfielder: should of been on our summer hitlist IMO

His quarter-final Scottish Cup goal last season was a peach (:lolrangers:)

In Browns post match interview it says we will be bringing in another keeper before Saturday. Also said that we are looking for one more player, a striker that will be able to support our current strikers. Looks like we might not be adding any wide players then :itch-chin:

In Browns post match interview it says we will be bringing in another keeper before Saturday. Also said that we are looking for one more player, a striker that will be able to support our current strikers. Looks like we might not be adding any wide players then :itch-chin:

If that's true, then it's absolute madness. We need a left side!!!! Surely having players for each position on the pitch is a fundamental in football? Mind, poor old Mark McGhee seemed to think he could get away playing a flat back four without any natural fullbacks.

Regarding the match, even without any width, I still think we should be fairly comfortable. Could be a tough season ahead for St. Johnstone - I fancy them to be relegated, particular as St. Mirren have strengthened. Got to beat St. Johnstone at home.

I think if you are asking clark / Robertson and foster to play every game than you are leaving yourself seriously open at the back, whilst looking better going forward, neither can tackle worth a f**k! That and the fact that Considine is seriously shakey is a problem that should have been addressed.

Think we will be ok in central midfield this season what with folly, osbourne, fyvie, arnsson, milsom, jack and low all here.

Brown is for central midfielders what macghee was for attackers.

Our defence will ship more goals this season that they have done for a long time, we are going to have to rely on beating teams by scoring lots of goals

as iv mentioned before, really dont know why some people are panicking. this current squad is already far far better on paper than last years and iv no doubt we are goin to be alot better! thats before we even add another 2 or 3 players, hopefully 1 bein a striker!

so iv nae worries ata.

3-1

as iv mentioned before, really dont know why some people are panicking. this current squad is already far far better on paper than last years and iv no doubt we are goin to be alot better! thats before we even add another 2 or 3 players, hopefully 1 bein a striker!

so iv nae worries ata.

3-1

We are weaker in every position apart from central midfield :hysterical:

• Site Sponsor

Confident?

I fancy us for 3 points.

Our goalie and new defender are good by all accounts.

Can't see any more outfield signings by the weekend so it's 11 from the current lot.

Have St Johnstone signed anyone decent?

I'm massively concerned that Mackie seems to be regarded as his main "striker" so cannot see us scoring many.

I think if you are asking clark / Robertson and foster to play every game than you are leaving yourself seriously open at the back, whilst looking better going forward, neither can tackle worth a f**k! That and the fact that Considine is seriously shakey is a problem that should have been addressed.

Think we will be ok in central midfield this season what with folly, osbourne, fyvie, arnsson, milsom, jack and low all here.

Brown is for central midfielders what macghee was for attackers.

Our defence will ship more goals this season that they have done for a long time, we are going to have to rely on beating teams by scoring lots of goals

Get down the bookies and get a big bet on if you believe that. It would be some achievement to ship more goals than last season in all comps. I'd happily take a 100 bet off you.

Saints In: Calum Davidson (Preston NE), David Robertson (Dundee United), Sean Higgins (Dundee), Frazer Wright (Kilmarnock), David McCracken (Brentford), Carl Finnigan (Falkirk)

Personally I think the players they've taken in are stronger than ours.

The 3 underlined esp.

If they get 30 games out of Davidson he'll prove a good signing. Experience in the back line and will chip in with maybe a few pens and one free kick.

Robertson is above average for SPL level imo and can improve yet, also reasonable.

Don't know enough about Finnigan or Higgins at all.

McCracken is a total clogger but sometimes thats what you need in the SPL. Agree Frazer Wright is a good defender.

Get down the bookies and get a big bet on if you believe that. It would be some achievement to ship more goals than last season in all comps. I'd happily take a 100 bet off you.

That would involved putting his money where his mouth is. :)

I'd also disagree with only being stronger at CM. I'd argue we look stronger at RB, CB and GK.

Probably for a different thread though.

In/Out: Out

Pre: Wedding

During: Wedding

Prediction: 2-0 Dons

anybody else see borwn springing a surprise with going 5 - 3 - 2

Foster

Consi

Arnsson

Mawene

Clark

Osbourne

Milsom

Fyvie

Vern

Mackie

I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Browns trying to make us hard to beat first and foremost and it was his preferred formation when Scotland manager.

If we're hard to beat then I don't have a problem with that. Not going to be pretty, but it's somewhere to start.

Saints In: Calum Davidson (Preston NE), David Robertson (Dundee United), Sean Higgins (Dundee), Frazer Wright (Kilmarnock), David McCracken (Brentford), Carl Finnigan (Falkirk)

Personally I think the players they've taken in are stronger than ours.

The 3 underlined esp.

Robertson - gone off the boil according to United fans, weren't bothered about him leaving. Says it all.

Wright - Bog standard SPL centre half.

Higgins - Hardly prolific.

Calum Davidosn - Solid.

McCracken - Standard SPL journeyman pro.

Finnigan - no thanks.

Rather our signings than their's.

We are weaker in every position apart from central midfield :hysterical:

Which just happens to be, by some distance, the most important part of any team.

It's where the game is won and lost.

So, what you're actually saying in essence is that we are far stronger than we were last year.

I knew you'd come out of your stoon eventually.

That would involved putting his money where his mouth is. :)

I'd also disagree with only being stronger at CM. I'd argue we look stronger at RB, CB and GK.

Probably for a different thread though.

In/Out: Out

Pre: Wedding

During: Wedding

Prediction: 2-0 Dons

Agree with this. We need a striker to partner Vernon, while it is absolutely essential that we bring in some left side players. Hopefully the other SPL managers will be too stupid to realise the massive gaping hole we have in our squad!