Jason Brown Signs

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical. Just heard CB on radio saying new keeper from England to be signed by tomorrow. Feel free toclose the thread. Still late in the day though. Should have been signed middle of last week at the latest.

Just because we say we're going to sign someone doesn't actually mean we're going to sign someone :)

can't believe we still dont have cover for Gonzalez going into the last pre season game!!

Will we even have one in for Saturday?

This really is nothing short of shambolic.

Typical. Just heard CB on radio saying new keeper from England to be signed by tomorrow. Feel free toclose the thread. Still late in the day though. Should have been signed middle of last week at the latest.

:hysterical:

Wonder who it is. Read ex Everton keeper Ian Turner was on trial at Bradford along with Mark Howard. Surely we should've been looking at his situation?

:hysterical:

Wonder who it is. Read ex Everton keeper Ian Turner was on trial at Bradford along with Mark Howard. Surely we should've been looking at his situation?

I'm sure Bradford will be paying more than we are.

I expect one of the trialists we had earlier will be picked up on a 6 month deal before long. If there's nothing else in the fire, they may as well go for someone who has met the players and trained with us for a bit.

Oldfield looks favourite so far from what I've seen.

I'm sure Bradford will be paying more than we are.

I expect one of the trialists we had earlier will be picked up on a 6 month deal before long. If there's nothing else in the fire, they may as well go for someone who has met the players and trained with us for a bit.

Oldfield looks favourite so far from what I've seen.

Possibly but has their demise not largely been due to financial reasons? Would expect them to be able to offer more, just as I would with most English clubs but have not been impressed by the signings they have made so far at all. Lower quality than the players we have brought in. Based on that reason I'd like to think someone like Turner would maybe realise that a bit of game time in Scotland would be more beneficial for him at this stage of his career.

if it is true and its him i cana understand why he'd go from being a number 2 keeper for 2 or 3 seasons in the prem league to bein number a 2 in the spl, unless he's been told he's gona be number 1?!! either way, if its true, we'll have 2 very competent keepers and this is excellent news and a quality signin.

Blackburn keeper jason brown says he has signed for aberdeen.

Decent standard of keeper considering we've already got gonzalez and langfield. Tho I do wonder whether this signing not being a complete joker suggests we suspect langfield won't be back? Maybe reading too much into it.

as i said in the 'Dons Goalkeeper(s) thread.....

if it is true and its him i cana understand why he'd go from being a number 2 keeper for 2 or 3 seasons in the prem league to bein number a 2 in the spl, unless he's been told he's gona be number 1?!! either way, if its true, we'll have 2 very competent keepers and this is excellent news and a quality signin.

Will admit to thinking he was a weak link when he did play for Blackburn but for where we are at a player who has appeared in the premiership in 3 of the last 5 seasons and been capped at full international level is absolutely more than capable of being our back up keeper and may be a more viable long term option for number 1 than Gonzalez and Langfield.

Have to say good work by AFC on this one as it certainly appears to on paper leave us with two very competent keepers to compete for number 1 spot with langfield still to possibly come back later in the season.

Main three things am thinking..

1) good signing

2) wondering if afc suspect clangers is a goner

3) thinking weve got more cash to splash than were making out as it would be pretty common sense if we were down to the last few pennies to sign a no hoper goalie and prioritise another position or two, or at least you would think that.... I'd be fairly positive Brown is gonna command a higher wage than Oldfield for instance would have. If were playing our cards close to our chest then good.