Squad Numbers Released

Basically AFC have released the sqaud numbers. No major surprises I'd guess, Clangers nominally number 1, Consi number 6 - link below

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110721/official-afc-squad-numbers-_2212158_2398507

Assuming 2 doesn't mean McArdle is considered a right back and has just been allocated it because it was his last year and is one of the only remaining defensive numbers.

Hope so anyway.

"When I came back to Pittodrie in a difficult and sad time of my life, they were there for me, they treated me like I never left. That moment was just unforgettable for me"

What's Eugene talking about here?

Also, I notice Arnason hasn't been given a number :sherlock:

"When I came back to Pittodrie in a difficult and sad time of my life, they were there for me, they treated me like I never left. That moment was just unforgettable for me"

His wife committed suicide whilst he was at Livingston.

Also, I notice Arnason hasn't been given a number :sherlock:

His wife committed suicide whilst he was at Livingston.

Yeah, think he's speaking of the reception he still got from us while playing against us with Livi :thumbs:

Where did you learn math?

Arnason plus 2 = 3

You thinking exact same & yet added Striker & two loans. Arnason also would make 4 :P

Fair play.

I don't want to tempt fate by including Arnason. How often when these things drag on do we actually get the player. Fair enough it's a paperwork hitch or whatever but don't want to get my hopes up. Arnason will be 18 if he signs.

No number 11 - reserved for an incoming star striker perchance?

11 and 14 being spare suggests 2 more to come in at least.

Not much else changed from those who were part of the first team last season except Milsom inevitably taking the vacant number 8 shirt and Magennis changing from 20 to 21 which is a strange one.

EDIT: No number for Arnason but still think we'll take in at least 2 more. Notice Arnason wore number 11 at Plymouth so maybe reason it's been left blank in meantime.

where you getting that from?

i just went to the squad list from yesterday and they havent updated that. then went into playing staff and its still the list from last season. nae saying yer lying, im more inquisitive.

There is a pic of him training with the squad with no 14. But, that doesnt really mean he will be 14. Probably will though.

You'd have thought they'd have kept that number for the striker/winger that they're planning to sign. Seems bizarre for a defender to have that number.

Says in the interview that he's played most of his career in midfield, and has only be converted to a defender since he moved to England. Maybe we're planning on playing him as a midfielder?

It will look very stupid having a central defender wearing the number 11 shirt. Almost as bizarre as when Gallas wore number 10 for Arsenal.

sinisa mihajlovic anyone?

wore 11 for lazio, inter and yugoslavia.

i dont like it but footballers get crazy ideas in their heads. like hooper unable to get 9 so picks his birth year instead. pains in the erse half of them.

other moments of stupidity include chris clark now wearing 7. if he plays right back wearing that 7 shirt, hell be getting booed a hell of a lot more than he already will be