Red Arrows

dave_min

Aye, display in peterheid this evening. They flew into aberdeen airport this afternoon to refuel before the show, all airspace over the airport was cleared for their landing and the cheeky b***ards even treat us to a little mini display - a lopp tae loop thing over the airport and a few circles round the airfield. Normally incoming flights have to maintain a distance on the order of miles, but these boys came into all at the same time about 100 yards apart.

Think the operations manager nearly sh*t a brick.

Was smart as f**k like :applause:

Aye, display in peterheid this evening. They flew into aberdeen airport this afternoon to refuel before the show, all airspace over the airport was cleared for their landing and the cheeky b***ards even treat us to a little mini display - a lopp tae loop thing over the airport and a few circles round the airfield. Normally incoming flights have to maintain a distance on the order of miles, but these boys came into all at the same time about 100 yards apart.

Think the operations manager nearly sh*t a brick.

Was smart as f**k like :applause:

Is that one of those more one sided ones?

Is that one of those more one sided ones?

They came in really low over the airfield like they were going to land, but didnt and then shot up really quickly, banked to the left and did like a barrell roll thing. Im nae sure what you'd cry it to be honest - not really into planes.

its Scottish Week. A week long sh*t festival full of w*nkers. I opted for the Tall Ships in Shetland instead.

The tall ships week in Aberdeen was probably the last time I saw the arrows, was a fantastic week, Aberdeen should try and get the ships back.

Aberdeen had a buzz about the place, I went every night and was sad to see the ships leave.

The tall ships week in Aberdeen was probably the last time I saw the arrows, was a fantastic week, Aberdeen should try and get the ships back.

Aberdeen had a buzz about the place, I went every night and was sad to see the ships leave.

I was just a kid the last time I saw them in Aberdeen. Fair play to Shetland they've put on a lot of entertainment (most of it sh*t fiddle music, I'm trying to like it but just can't) and Lerwick is mobbed.

It must be a complete shag fest for all the young folk on the ships. There's hundreds of them.

I was just a kid the last time I saw them in Aberdeen. Fair play to Shetland they've put on a lot of entertainment (most of it sh*t fiddle music, I'm trying to like it but just can't) and Lerwick is mobbed.

It must be a complete shag fest for all the young folk on the ships. There's hundreds of them.

They had a stage with local bands and beer tents, was great stuff every night, the harbour area was mobbed for days, I was around 20 and had a blast.