Afc Out Of Position Policy

Sadly in today's climate of not having 2p to rub together we have to make do with players who are 'capable' of playing in various positions.

Sad and unfortunate fact of football in this country.

It is sad though that we don't have anyone capable of coming through the ranks and cementing a place in the team where these 'versatile' players are filling in.

As King Street says, it's down to the fact that we have no cash! That's why we get left backs and centre backs, central mids as right wingers and goalkeepers as impact substitutes. I pray for the day that we get a cash injection from someone but, until that happens, this is what we are getting. Guys who are decent in 3 positions, but not great in one.

As King Street says, it's down to the fact that we have no cash! That's why we get left backs and centre backs, central mids as right wingers and goalkeepers as impact substitutes. I pray for the day that we get a cash injection from someone but, until that happens, this is what we are getting. Guys who are decent in 3 positions, but not great in one.

Teams with a lot less pennies to spend manage to assemble a squad with players in each position in order to field at very least a balanced side when everyone fit.

Calderwood was a buffoon for this. Away to Utd one year having McNamara in centre mid and Seve centre back.

Frustrated me when he just signed Dan Smith (ok he turned out to be sh*te) and didn't give him a chance at any point but instead gave Considine the left back slot. Why sign him then?

Still hoping that Broon brings in a couple of loan players who's natural positions are LB and LW, along with the striker. Fingers crossed.

They are not left sided players.

I suppose thats up to the manager's preference? Especially with regards to Pawlett. Some managers play right sided players on the left (and vice versa) so they can cut inside. David Ginola is one example off the top of my head. I'd rather have a right footed full back at left back, then a let footed centre half (Considine) there. However totally agree that Fyvie should not be on the wing, much more effective in the middle.