After 1St Game Last Season

we humped Hamilton and then went on to beat St Johnstone, from there on in it was a slippery downwards spiral,

yesterday it sounds like we played ok and should've won (wasn't at game due to work)

broon will bring in the couple of players we need, i totally believe he will still pull a 'marquee type' signing out of the hat!!

onwards and upwards!!!

we humped Hamilton and then went on to beat St Johnstone, from there on in it was a slippery downwards spiral,

yesterday it sounds like we played ok and should've won (wasn't at game due to work)

broon will bring in the couple of players we need, i totally believe he will still pull a 'marquee type' signing out of the hat!!

onwards and upwards!!!

We need at least 3 players imo (left back, striker and a winger/skillfulk/annoying c**t) or we're very much a mid to lower end of the table side. Currnet squad would finish circa 7/8th with few injuries, if we do get a few injuries its 9/10th imo.

Marquee signing won't happen unless its a loan for a season.

Our only saving grace is that other than the OF & Hearts everyone else in the SPL is just plain mediocre at best.

Yet another draw today & should the Pars & St's draw also then that will only be tic & well on 3 points.

It will not take much to improve ourselves to the level of Hearts imo (barring injuries again) decent LM & striker & maybe even get Smith back in on loan or even signed FT. :crossfingers:

We are going to be competing with Hibs, St Johnstone & probably Utd (once they sell Goodwillie) for strikers from Premiership on loan I think.

Hopefully Brown has a good one in mind for signing for us for real & is looking to loan LM & LB

Brown has done things the right way around, solidify things first then look at adding flair.

Rather have a 0-0 yesterday and know there's more flair to be added than it to be 3-3 and the backline we've strengthened being all at sea.

We played some half decent stuff, a couple of players and we might even see the attractive, attacking, winning football we've longed for for umpteen years.

Oh yeah, I agree with that.

No question we had to strengthen from back to front & he's done well in doing this.

Just a little peeved that we couldn't take advantage of what was/is pretty poor St Johnstone side & dropped or wasted what should have been an easy two points.

Same will apply next week at St Midden but who knows we may get lucky a snatch the three points :crossfingers: but it will be just that if we do win it, a grab & run.

Hope we have these creative player(s) in in time for the Celtic game to give us a fighting chance in it.

I still haven't renewed, as I am waiting to see this creative spark that we so desperately need.

May be selfish of me & some may see it as not being supportive but I just cannot justify (with myself) parting with the cash this time around & spending a helluva lot of time & money traveling up from Edinburgh every other week. Have done this too much & for too long in the past with no return (or little) in terms of enjoyment & monies worth & let's be honest here, that is what football is all about. Enjoyment.

:crossfingers: we can finally get in a 20 goals a season striker in, someone that we can be proud of & have other teams defences scared of facing.

i am not convinved we need a left back , IF CB is going to go in with three at the back the sysytem he used while Scotland manager then a left back would be unnecessary, might explain why he has brought in so many midfiled option i.e he intends to play 3-5-2, that is the formation i think is best but only if you have three good centre backs McArdle, Foster, Mawene, Considine, and maybe Arnason perm any three from those and i reckon that is CB's thinking

Not conceding a goal to StJ isn't an achievement or a barometer of how good our defence is.

I'll be measuring how good our defence is when we play the huns, the tims and farts. If, at the end of the season, we have been humiliated 9-0 then I'll know we have made no progress.

9-0 was a fluke. The barometer is celtic in 2 weeks, don;t expect 3 or 4 nill gubbings again.