Culter Match

Nae much to say about that.

Brown wasn't really tested in goals. Had one save down low at his near post that was about it. Good distribution and excellent talker can certainly see him establishing himself as number 1 for a couple of seasons.

Mcardle - did fine but not sharp enough to start on saturday. Play him against arbroath next week.

Other defenders - seem decent. The centre half (scott rumsby or somit?) could be a player given time. Also liked the look of the left back.

Apart from the last five mins of the first half where he dominated the game ryan jack was sh*te.

Ryan fraser looks good at this level not sure he's gonna make it but hope he gets some opportunites off the bench this season.

Overall - none of the youth players on show will make a huge impact on first team in near future. But the best of them like low, brown, shaunessey, megginson etc were not playing and grimmer only played like twenty mins.

I'm sorry to say this .... Our Under 19's need a serious going over. I can safely say the youth development at Pittodrie clearly needs a lot of work. McCardle and Jack didn't even look good against Junior opposition.

From what I saw last night, half of them will be signed or released to other teams next season.

I also see that Hearts are signing up 14 and 15 year olds from 9k - 18k from the likes of Falkirk, Dunfermilne etc etc.

AGAIN I'm not having a go at the coaches but it's clearly evident that we need to start looking at Hibs or Motherwell since they manage to produce gems and we don't.

Just my 2p.

I'm sorry to say this .... Our Under 19's need a serious going over. I can safely say the youth development at Pittodrie clearly needs a lot of work. McCardle and Jack didn't even look good against Junior opposition.

From what I saw last night, half of them will be signed or released to other teams next season.

I also see that Hearts are signing up 14 and 15 year olds from 9k - 18k from the likes of Falkirk, Dunfermilne etc etc.

AGAIN I'm not having a go at the coaches but it's clearly evident that we need to start looking at Hibs or Motherwell since they manage to produce gems and we don't.

Just my 2p.

Things is we are spending a hell of a lot of money on our youth development, I share your concern to an extent, but I do believe we have some decent lads (potentially) in the first team this year

Things is we are spending a hell of a lot of money on our youth development, I share your concern to an extent, but I do believe we have some decent lads (potentially) in the first team this year

It will only be worth it when the AFC board gets its sh*t together and sets a precedent by selling Fyvie or someone for £3m. Not £1m, £1.5 or £2m - but a significant sum thats say to everyone - Aberdeen is a Scottish Ajax and we are here to party on the transfer market, but you must pay top dollar if you want in bitches.

Hibs and Motherwell have had one or two seasons where they have produced some cracking youngsters, there is a massive element of luck in how well a clubs young players will come on. Hibs were lucky that they have a lot of good players coming through at the same time, which would have helped the development of the individual players. Man United produced the Beckhams, Scholes n Giggsys over one period, but haven't come close to that level of youngsters coming through since then.

Hard Work (individuals and coaches) + good guidance (coaching, parents and players around them) + a load of luck = decent youth players coming through! I don't think it's as easy as "looking at other clubs set up".

We have some cracking youth players coming through at the moment though with Fyvie, Pawlett, Jack (to an extent), Low, Grimmer, shaunessey and megginson . Only time will tell how they get on.

Just my 2p.

Yep had to say that was my feeling aswell that none of the ones I didnt know last night would make it beyond the season. I did remember though that Robertson, Shaunessey, Grimmer (until 75 mins), Jordan Brown, Megginson and Fyvie were all not playing. And have to give AFC their dues those players are all still meant to be youth team for another season. So its not all that bad....surely!

Yep had to say that was my feeling aswell that none of the ones I didnt know last night would make it beyond the season. I did remember though that Robertson, Shaunessey, Grimmer (until 75 mins), Jordan Brown, Megginson and Fyvie were all not playing. And have to give AFC their dues those players are all still meant to be youth team for another season. So its not all that bad....surely!

agree

We won the Culter purely down to Fitness nothing more nothing less.

I do agree that we have talent coming thru' BUT surely our own Under's should be beating these guys comfortably not in the last 10 mins purely based on fitness. Should this not be won on a little bit of talent and creative knowledge ?