World Cup 2014 Qualifying Draw

Be interesting to see what Harry Potter has to say.

It's a decent enough draw.

You think?

Croatia - could've been worse I suppose

Serbia - 2nd best team in pot B

Belgium - so so, could've been worse or better

Macedonia - toughest draw in pot

Wales - toughest draw pot and a British derby is not good for the so called whipping boys of the group.

I dont think it's a great draw at all.

You think?

Croatia - could've been worse I suppose

Serbia - 2nd best team in pot B

Belgium - so so, could've been worse or better

Macedonia - toughest draw in pot

Wales - toughest draw pot and a British derby is not good for the so called whipping boys of the group.

I dont think it's a great draw at all.

agreed sheepiekev

apart from drawing a tougher top seed we couldn't really have picked worse ourselves

Group A

1. Croatia

2. Serbia

3. Belgium

4. SCOTLAND

5. Macedonia

6. WALES

I already don't like the look of this group :(

If you love the Balkans, you'll love our group :(

That is surely about as good a group as we could have got with our 4th seeding. No Germany, holand, Italy, France, Spain, Guffs, Portugal. Croatia right at the bottom of pot 1, Serbia, nae fussed, Belgium, been sh*te for years, the Taffs likewise.

Only flyis Macedonia, but come on, great group min.

That is surely about as good a group as we could have got with our 4th seeding. No Germany, holand, Italy, France, Spain, Guffs, Portugal. Croatia right at the bottom of pot 1, Serbia, nae fussed, Belgium, been sh*te for years, the Taffs likewise.

100% agree.

Croatia not the team they were. Serbia is tricky. Belgium are plum as are Wales.

I dont know whether it is a good group or a bad group, i find it impossible to tell with Scotland. We are the most unpredictable nation in the world.

If we're always unpredictable doesn't that make us predictably unpredictable?

We'll nae qualify anyway. Not with Harry Potter as manager.

If we're always unpredictable doesn't that make us predictably unpredictable?

We'll nae qualify anyway. Not with Harry Potter as manager.

Things have became complicated. :itch-chin:

But i agree. Until he is out of there, we will never do anything of note. But the worry for me is that when he finally does go, Peter Houston will take over. I couldnt think of anything worse. Id rather have Berti back.

tough group for us, group of death if you like. we could end up 1st or 6th in it. Its that hard to predict.

I would 100% agree with this statement if we had a competent manager.

We do not, however, have a competent manager.

We should expect to finish 5th in that group.

The "taffs" have got the likes of Bellamy, Ramsay, Bale, Collins - all 4 would stroll into our team.

Serbia - they finished top of their last World Cup qualifiers

As good as we could've got?

Personally, I'd have preferred

Norway, Slovenia, Hungary, Moldova & San Marino........and we drew none of them.

Belgium r the team I fear most alot better on paper than us! Van buyten, kompany, Vermaelen, Defour, witsel, hazard and lukaku would all walk into our team!

Couldn't have been any tougher, other than from pot 1 - Fortunately we avoided Spain and Holland.

Exactly what I was about to say regarding Belgium. They were the ones I wanted to avoid in pot 3. With they talent they have in that squad they could absolutely brutalise us. Their squad is frightening - and it'll be even better in a couple of years time!

However, we've had some pretty easy groups recently and still managed to f**k it up - while it's worth remembering that the last time we were in the group of death we nearly made it.... I think I prefer Scotland being the underdog.

We have very little chance qualifying from this group. If we're really lucky we might make 2nd. I think Belgium will win it? Realistic position will be 4th behind Serbia and Croatia.

The one thing we have on our side is that every team is capable of taking points off each other. Even Wales who are from the bottom pot - with players like Bale, Ramsay and Bellamy they are miles better than the likes of San Marino and Andorra - if those guys are on their game, they could take points off anyone in Cardiff.

If the Belgian manager can find a system to suit their incredibly talented squad of individuals, then i'd fancy them to win the group. Croatia and Serbia will hopefully be more interested in getting one over each other and hopefully they'll under estimate us.

It's a really interesting draw anyway, that's for sure!

Couldn't have been any tougher, other than from pot 1 - Fortunately we avoided Spain and Holland.

Exactly what I was about to say regarding Belgium. They were the ones I wanted to avoid in pot 3. With they talent they have in that squad they could absolutely brutalise us. Their squad is frightening - and it'll be even better in a couple of years time!

However, we've had some pretty easy groups recently and still managed to f**k it up - while it's worth remembering that the last time we were in the group of death we nearly made it.... I think I prefer Scotland being the underdog.

does Enzo Scifo stiill play for them! remember him the european Paul McStay

Top seeds wise, a good draw, could've done with better draw in terms of pots below us but maybe works in our favour as we usually struggle against complete minnows! Tough but could be a lot worse.

Agree. Glad we avoided the likes of Spain and Holland from Pot 1 and France from Pot 2, and realisitcally we could beat all the teams in our Group at home. That said, we've lucked out in terms of the lower ranked teams as, instead of drawing duds like Faroes, Cyprus and San Marino, we've got Macedonia and Wales who are capable of beating us over there.

Looks a tough draw to me. Fancy Scotland to pick up a lot of points from almost all the teams at home but can't see how they are going to get a result away in Serbia/Croatia, which you'd need to do to get through. Belgium highly regarded by some here? I must have missed something as I thought they were sh*te?

Good luck Tartan Army in Serbia :laughing:

Agree. Glad we avoided the likes of Spain and Holland from Pot 1 and France from Pot 2, and realisitcally we could beat all the teams in our Group at home. That said, we've lucked out in terms of the lower ranked teams as, instead of drawing duds like Faroes, Cyprus and San Marino, we've got Macedonia and Wales who are capable of beating us over there.

Sorry just don't see it like that at all.

For your Wales & Macedonia, anyone in the group can drop points there, whereas replace them with Cyprus & faroes, then only Scotland could drop points there. Yes it may be tougher on paper for us, but when compared with how our opposition are likely to fare there, we are actually better of in theory.